User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
'arris OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Fundy Adventure Rally (New Brunswick) - Sep 5/6/7

We're hosting a new Adventure Rally out east in the Fundy area of New Brunswick, Canada. The rally will take place over the weekend of the 5/6/7 September this year, with a 500 km main gravel route and optional side routes for those looking for something more technically challenging.

The Fundy area of New Brunswick is famous for its high tides, but it also has an extensive network of trails and amazing scenery. By combining a basic gravel road loop and a load of challenging additional sections I think we have something for everyone. It's also going to be quite long (up to 12 hours to complete), so there's an endurance aspect too.

We'll be updating with more info on the rally over the next few weeks, but for now you can sign up for our email updates and find out more at fundyadventurerally.com.

BTW, if anyone rides this area and would like to help scout out some of the gnarly options, please email me at rob@canadamotoguide.com.

Cheers, Rob
Attached Images

'arris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
Spikehead
Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 6,188
'arris.

Thinkin' 'bout it...

"I was tempted by the Invisible Man, I surely was." -Propforward
Spikehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
Kawazacky
Mad Typist

Oddometer: 197
We'll have too find a waitress for you to smooch ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehead View Post
'arris.

Thinkin' 'bout it...

Kawazacky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
Kawazacky
Mad Typist

Hey folks - an update on the Fundy Adventure Rally!

You can read more here, but here's the skinny: Registration is opening in a couple hours for the September 5-7 rally! The important details you need to know are here!

Thinking about coming? Get some teammates and sign up - we'd love to see you there!

Kawazacky screwed with this post 05-27-2014 at 06:52 AM
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Kawazacky
Mad Typist

Straight from the website:

"
The Fundy Adventure Rally is about getting your Adventure/dual sport bike off pavement and into some wonderful gravel and dirt in the Fundy area of New Brunswick. All riders and brands are welcome, though we are working on some kind of bonus for anyone that shows up on a BMW (they’re our main sponsor!).The 2014 Fundy Adventure Rally will happen on the weekend of the 5/6/7 September at Adairs Wilderness Lodge just south of Sussex, New Brunswick. It even has a paved access road to it and means that riders can start the rally right in the middle of the trails system.
The base route is a 500 km gravel/dirt/paved loop that suits the novice adventure rider but adds a bit of a challenge due to its length. Riders have up to 12 hours to complete the rally.
This event is predominantly a team event though we do have options for the solo rider on the base loop. More seasoned riders will find a host of optional routes that loop off the base route and require a more prepped bike and competent rider.
These options are FOR TEAMS ONLY (3-5 members) so that you have people that can help you if you get into difficulty. All teams will be required to put a deposit down on a SPOT Gen3 Satellite GPS Messenger device as well, so that we can track which options you did and also provide you with a way to call for help in an emergency.
We will be sweeping the route but you are responsible to get you and your team out off the woods and back to civilization."
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #6
NB.Moose
NBDSC

Oddometer: 30
Team Registered!!!!
NB.Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,351
So, I've been trying to get an answer to this question for almost three weeks now. I'm hoping someone here will have access to the organizers and can get an answer.

There's a group of us looking at entering a team, and ALL but one of us runs a SPOT II Tracking device. While I understand that the organizers want to keep tabs on the teams, I was slightly taken aback at the "deposit" on the SPOT Gen III device. It makes an already slightly "pricey" weekend even pricier.

Has there been any thought at allowing teams to use their own devices and skip the full retail "deposit" on a Gen II SPOT?
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
'arris OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
There's a group of us looking at entering a team, and ALL but one of us runs a SPOT II Tracking device. While I understand that the organizers want to keep tabs on the teams, I was slightly taken aback at the "deposit" on the SPOT Gen III device. It makes an already slightly "pricey" weekend even pricier.

Has there been any thought at allowing teams to use their own devices and skip the full retail "deposit" on a Gen II SPOT?
Hi C-Stain, Thanks for the question. We figured that the deposit should match the price of the device as these are being provided by Spot and if we lose one that's the price we have to pay. However, it is just a deposit and will be refunded in full after the device is returned.

As for bringing your own device, let em look into what that would entail. Our worry right now if that if we don't have full control over the Spots then it could cause problems, but let me check with Spot to see if they think it would not be an issue, as that would help us get around the limited number of devices we have.

I'll post a response on the Fundy Adventure Rally news page this week.

Cheers, and thanks for the interest.

Rob Harris
Old 06-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
'arris OP
Adventurer

Just to let everybody know, last day for early bird registration (save $40) is today though the system won't actually drop the option till sometime tomorrow ... We've also reduced the minimum number in a team from 3 to 2, as the SPOT Gen3 is effectively the third man.

More info at http://fundyadventurerally.com
Old 07-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #10
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,529
In +1!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #11
4mud
n00b

Oddometer: 9
How many have registered for this event so far?
4mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #12
C-Stain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,351
I'm planning to - but have to see if my work schedule is going to change in the next couple of weeks...
C-Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
'arris OP
Adventurer

FAR reg

We have about 40 riders signed up to date (including two journalists from Ontario and Quebec). Registration is open for another 10 days as we need to get final figures to Adair's for the food order.

Cheers, Rob
Old 07-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #14
'arris OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikehead View Post

Thinkin' 'bout it...
It's not going to be as tough as the Mad Bastard Rally (more ccs and a 12 hour cap) but I am pondering a scavenger hunt aspect similar to the MBSR - at least for the base route riders. I'll see if I can find you another waitress to traumatize!

Cheers, Rob
Old 07-18-2014, 06:25 AM   #15
blaster11
Ecuador here we come

Oddometer: 6,529
Any information on room availability at the hotel, as it would make my pack out a bit easier?