ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #76
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
At long last some pics of the new Tool Boxes



You have your choice of silver (top) or white (bottom). Really they are different even though they don't!



On the left is the key lock with the cover over it and on the right is the slot (coin) lock.



Key lock cover open. The new key lock cover has a very secure fit and clicks into place on a groove. As I've said a few times before I've never had a problem in the three years of year-round use. That being said this will give full protection!



Tool Box open showing the sealing gasket. It's been refined a bit and looks to prevent even the little drips from high-speed puddle hopping and torrential prolonged rain from coming in.

I'll start PM'ing and emailing info to those waiting now too.

More info tomorrow...

Thanks!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #77
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual
 
Motoriley's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Deepest darkest burbs of Montreal
Oddometer: 2,655
Box for tools...

Sweeeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
At long last some pics of the new Tool Boxes



You have your choice of silver (top) or white (bottom). Really they are different even though they don't!



On the left is the key lock with the cover over it and on the right is the slot (coin) lock.



Key lock cover open. The new key lock cover has a very secure fit and clicks into place on a groove. As I've said a few times before I've never had a problem in the three years of year-round use. That being said this will give full protection!



Tool Box open showing the sealing gasket. It's been refined a bit and looks to prevent even the little drips from high-speed puddle hopping and torrential prolonged rain from coming in.

I'll start PM'ing and emailing info to those waiting now too.

More info tomorrow...

Thanks!

Dave
__________________
04 Toyota Sienna, new wipers for 2011!!
Electricity (120 AC), Indoor Plumbing, new kitchen tap for 2010!!!
Color tube TV, Microwave Oven (yes she rotates!),Washer & Dryer,Paved Driveway,
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #78
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Update:

We having a little issue with the tolerances of the mounting hardware we got.

Not wanting to put anything out there that isn't 100% there is a bit of figuring to do before they can ship.

Workin' on it!

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 AM   #79
Moptop
Adventurer
 
Moptop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: South Coast,NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 69
Can you let me know when you are ready to ship?
Moptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #80
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moptop View Post
Can you let me know when you are ready to ship?
Thanks and yes will do!

Update on the Tool Box:

New hardware is on the way and should be here Monday (Good Friday's putting a little extra time in there).

While we were working on all this we've decided to go ahead with a new improvement to the V2 Skid Plate, partially because it's going to go hand in hand with the Tool Box mounting.

For quite a while we've wanted to incorporate some rubber mounting to our front bracket on our skid plate. The rubber mounting that BMW uses is not just for the breakaway capability but also to damp the vibration/sound. We've done some testing and it does make it a little quieter. It will also help dissipate some of the impacts.
All this had to be done without compromising the strength of our system. Note that Touratech does also rubber mount their front bracket.

Another great thing about it is it will also be retro-fitable to all our existing skid plate brackets too.

It will come with the Tool Box when you buy it so please make sure to ask for it (although we will ask you too).

Thanks!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #81
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer
 
MCMXCIVRS's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 1,215
Interested in seeing (and getting) the new skid plate rubber mounting. Haven't decided on the toolbox yet, but if another project that someone I know is working on succeeds, I'll be needing to relocate my current tool kit.
__________________
Ed

2009 BMW F800GS, 2008 BMW K1200GT
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #82
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS View Post
Interested in seeing (and getting) the new skid plate rubber mounting. Haven't decided on the toolbox yet, but if another project that someone I know is working on succeeds, I'll be needing to relocate my current tool kit.
Sure no problem for anyone that has our skid plate now to get one. No Tool Box necc.

Hmmm...sounds like Oso Blanco's project....

Here's little impromptu video clip Leslie (www.advgrrls.com) shot on the DualSportBC Spring Newbie ride:




Linky:
http://advgrrls.com/2012/03/26/motooverland-com/

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #83
Mach Z
Budding ADV Addict!
 
Mach Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Tsawwassen, BC Canada
Oddometer: 62
Hey Dave,

Here's a box I made to fit your bash plate. .80" 6061 T6. Totally weatherproof. Closes with 5 philips screws.




More pics here...

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m511/MachZ74/
Mach Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #84
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Z View Post
Hey Dave,

Here's a box I made to fit your bash plate. .80" 6061 T6. Totally weatherproof. Closes with 5 philips screws.




More pics here...

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m511/MachZ74/
Hey Mach Z,

That looks great!! Really integrates well.

Wanna make some more?

I'd like to check that out in person some day. I'm sure I'll see you around somewhere 'round here...

Thanks,

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #85
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
MOD Skid Plate Tool Boxes are finally shipping!

The MOD Tool Boxes are finally shipping!

Got a bit of a backlog but we're workin on it!

Some details:

This is what it looks like installed with the carriage bolts going in from the back (my preferred method):



We had some issues with the carriage bolts we got. They weren't as square (blunt corners) and had a bit of a taper to the base each presenting issues that are fixable. We also have gotten them down to being as short as possible so there won't be extra threads sticking out either inside the box or out the back of the skid plate.

More to come...

Thanks!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #86
Dockstrada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dockstrada's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Z View Post
Hey Dave,

Here's a box I made to fit your bash plate. .80" 6061 T6. Totally weatherproof. Closes with 5 philips screws.




More pics here...

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m511/MachZ74/
Will it come with a can opener ? looks like some dissimiler metal carnage with the phillips heads considering the amount of time and the conditions they will be subjected to,are they stainless steel or zinc screws? . I would squirt some antisize on the screws, just my opinoin , nice though .
__________________
R1200GSA H2O
Dockstrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #87
Mach Z
Budding ADV Addict!
 
Mach Z's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Tsawwassen, BC Canada
Oddometer: 62
"Wanna make some more? "

Sorry Dave, not that interested, but you are welcome to run with it! Take a pattern if you want.

"Will it come with a can opener ? looks like some dissimiler metal carnage with the phillips heads considering the amount of time and the conditions they will be subjected to,are they stainless steel or zinc screws? . I would squirt some antisize on the screws, just my opinoin , nice though . "

The screws are cadmium plated and the box is 6061. The electrical potential is probably less than that of the engine case screws/bolts. Precautions have been taken. I may replace them with SS or titanium should some "fall of an aircraft" purely for aesthetics. I don't foresee a problem but will monitor. Taken under advisement, Thanks.

Mach Z
Mach Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #88
Mike.C
Stelvio Dreamer!
 
Mike.C's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Brisbane-Australia
Oddometer: 587
We have been using Dave's boxes for a couple of years now. They are even OK with salt and sand! See the result in the last few frames of the vid.

__________________
Cheers, Mike
Don't just look at it - Ride the bloody thing!
Mike.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #89
Moptop
Adventurer
 
Moptop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: South Coast,NSW, Australia
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
The MOD Tool Boxes are finally shipping!

Got a bit of a backlog but we're workin on it!

Some details:

This is what it looks like installed with the carriage bolts going in from the back (my preferred method):



We had some issues with the carriage bolts we got. They weren't as square (blunt corners) and had a bit of a taper to the base each presenting issues that are fixable. We also have gotten them down to being as short as possible so there won't be extra threads sticking out either inside the box or out the back of the skid plate.

More to come...

Thanks!

Dave
Checked the website and showed not available. Do you have stock ready to ship?
Moptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #90
toowheels OP
on a mission...
 
toowheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moptop View Post
Checked the website and showed not available. Do you have stock ready to ship?
Yes, and you are on the list too! The website is stuck and we're making parts instead of a new website .

I'll be getting in contact with you shortly! Best to email me though:
dave(at)motooverland(dot)com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C.
We have been using Dave's boxes for a couple of years now. They are even OK with salt and sand! See the result in the last few frames of the vid.
Thanks Mike!! Glad to see it since I'd say you've definitely put our parts through their paces down under over the years!

GB you can put this into vendors. They're out now!

Thanks!

Dave
__________________
Moto Overland [MOD] -Skid Plates, Top racks, Tool Boxes etc for Adventure bikes
www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014