User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 948
Moto Overland/ Britannia Composites Vancouver Moto Show 2012

First off Happy Holidays and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to everyone!

...and thanks very much for your support too!!

Moto Overland and Britannia Composites will be teaming up again for the Vancouver Moto Show this year, Jan. 19-22. in Abbotsford.

We're pretty lucky up here and so far there are over 160 exhibitors listed (more still to be listed) for the show and it's always a good one!

It's not that far for those of you in Washington either and you don't have to contend with Vancouver traffic since Abbotsford is well East of Vancouver.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/index.php?id=12

Our exhibit is #420 and we have some cool new stuff to show!

Dave (product designer) from Giant Loop is coming up and bringing with him some NEW never before seen GL stuff!! and of course we'll have the entire Giant Loop line there.

Really looking forward to that since what I've seen so far looks great!!

There will also be some new MOD parts there!

We'll have the prototype Tiger 800 Top Rack, hopefully the new version of the Tool Box that mounts to our BMW F800/F650 GS V2 Skid Plate and even more hoping, some other new stuff

For Britannia Composites we'll have the Mirage 2 on the F800 GS and a Lynx fairing on a dirt machine of some sort.

Britannia Composites is also working on a new fairing but we're not sure if it will be ready yet...

If you've never seen the this stuff in real life and always wanted to, now's your chance!

We need some pics!

MOD F800 GS with Britannia Composites Mirage 2 fairing, Moto Overland [MOD] V2 Slid Plate and Tool Box, Top Rack and Side Stand Foot (and a proto mystery piece), Giant Loop Fandango Tank Bag, Great Basin Saddlebag and Great Basin Dry Bag.

Britannia Composites Lynx fairing on a Beta 525

We'll be posting all the news and new products here and please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Ian @ Britannia Composites http://www.britanniacomposites.com/

and Dave
Old 12-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Ian
Too bad we do not see you in Calgary at the show!
cheers
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD BMW F800/F650 twin Bar Riser

Hi Cal,

Your Calgary show is this weekend coming up! Hope it's good! Maybe someday Ian will make it out there and we may too.

BTW: Mountain Motorrad will be showing the Giant Loop bags at your show in case you're interested.

Happy New Year everybody! I hope it's a happy and healthy one for everyone with lot's of adventures!!

Next: yes, yet more MOD prototype parts we'd love to get some feedback on!

The MOD BMW F800/F650 twin Bar Riser

We were actually showing these at the Vancouver Moto Show last year and we may have the next version for this one...

The history:

All of the "standard" risers out there seemed to have one shortcoming in my mind. They seemed to have a little more vague feeling in the steering compartment. The added height of the cylindrical spacers and everything being well, cylindrical would allow for a little bit of "twist" in the steering. This combined with the rubber mounting lead to the vague feel. I wanted a riser that wouldn't contribute to it and yet would still allow everything to twist in a crash lessening the chance of bending bars/other stuff.

I wanted to be sure they did what they were supposed to do though so I've been riding them for the past 10 months, and...they do! I've even crash tested them and they still allow everything to twist (and be twisted back).

I present our solution:

By tying the two together they don't contribute to the vagueness.

This also presented another option :

A place to mount a Ram mount so I wouldn't have to have a U bolt around my bars! As well as giving you another Ram mount spot it gives you the ability to mount other things there like switches or a plug. (sorry for the bad pics!)

Mounted on the bike:

Facing forward. It could be run either direction but we'll probably tap it all the way through so there are more mounting options.

From the front with a Ram mount:

I run a Garmin 60CX on it mostly and it works well. If you wanted it even higher you could run the longer Ram arm.

We plan to run the rise at 25mm so it should work on both the F8 and the F650 (F798).

Pricing would hit around $70.00 CAD with stainless bolts of course. That makes it only a little more than SW-Motech's for example but a fair but more than TT or Wunderlich's, but offering more too.

This is NOT the final version as there are still some changes happening to it but I wanted to post it to see what y'all thought?

Thanks!

Dave
Old 01-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #4
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD Triumph Tiger 800 Top Rack

We just finished the first prototype for the Tiger 800 Top Rack

We slimmed it a little in the front compared to our BMW F8GS and KTM Adv. & SE ones so you still have complete access to the handles.

Width: 12.75" (324mm) tapering to 11" (279mm), Length: 11.13" (283mm).

It looks great on the bike and suits the lines well. Of course it will be fully CNC machined and powder coated black in our special grippy durable finish.

We have been very progressive in developing a top rack that does more than hold a bag!

The feature list:

-2 Rotopax fuel pack top mount options
-Kolpin JR. 1.5Gal. fuel pack top mounting
-Givi/Kappa Monokey top box mounting
-SW-Motech Trax top box mounting
-Caribou QFS system (DIY) top box mounting (designed to work with any Pelican type box)
-KISS -our own simple inexpensive top box mounting (designed to work with any small to medium size Pelican type box)
-fully CNC machined so they are no sharp edges on any of the slots or around the perimeter

This gives you a whole bunch of top box and fuel solution options!

See the thread here of how the F800 GS evolved and started the innovation at the end of '09 :
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536723

It is also optimized in slot placement to work with a variety of different top bags and teams up perfectly with the Giant Loop Great Basin Saddlebag. More details here: www.motooverland.com (although the site is a little behind right now!)

We have two questions though:

1. We did away with the sliding (and quick release) option from the BMW F8GS version because it would have interfered with taking off the pillion seat. It mat be possible to put in a shorter 1" sliding option but at that distance I don't think it will accomplish much.

2. There is also a possibility to also include the side mount Rotopax option which we use on the F800 GS version:

Of course on the Tiger it will be on the left side. It's great way to carry extra gas but keep the weight lower and/or still have space to put a bag up top.

It also works extremely well with the Giant Loop Great Basin:

To include it we would have to raise the top rack about 9mm and it would add to the price (about $125.00 CAD instead of about $109.99 CAD).

We'd love to hear any and all feedback!

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Dave
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
toowheels OP
on a mission...

WOW! The show space is sold out again and I just counted and there are over 170 exhibitors at the show this year!!

That makes it the biggest show in the PNW by a long shot!

There is also going to be an EnduroX and a Freestyle Stunt Show too.

Some of the new confirmed bikes to be shown there:

Triumph Explorer 1200
Honda NC700 X
Ducati 1198 Panigale
Kawasaki Versys 1000
Yamaha WR450F (FI now!)
a whole line of new Zero's

and I have some pics MOD Triumph Tiger 800 Top Rack prototype...

with Rotopax mount

with 1gal Rotopax mounted...notice a full compliment of slots are still accessible.

with the side mounted Rotopax set-up

More to come including some Specials for the show!!

Thanks for checkin it out!

Dave
Old 01-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
HeadinSouth
vroom!

Oddometer: 96
haha I think i am stalkin you. see pic

See ya at the show.
HeadinSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadinSouth View Post
haha I think i am stalkin you. see pic

See ya at the show.

Yeah, it's such a great area to stop at and ride to...from all the different directions! I have a whole slew of pics from there (over the years) and I went through there a few times this year too. Once on the 108 Mile House trip and then coming back from the Loose Screw Dual Sport event in Kamloops.

See ya at the show!

Dave
Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD Tool Box

We've been working hard on the new version of our Tool Box for our V2 skid plate and here's what it's looking like:

It's virtually identical to the original since that's what everyone wanted it to be

You can see it on some of the pics above mounted up. I've been running it for about three years now (many thousands of KM's and ALL conditions) and I'd be hard pressed to do without it! The important tool are in there and always there when I need them.

closer pic mounted:

pic from afar:

We'll have it at the show for all to check out too.

Availability of the new version is expected for late Feb/early March.

Thanks for checkin' it out!

Dave
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
Buster714
VP of crash testing

Oddometer: 609
Nice, Dave. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #10
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD F800 GS & F650 GS (twin) Side Stand Feet in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster714 View Post
Nice, Dave. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Buster!

Here is some now: MOD F800 GS & F650 GS (twin, std. height) Side Stand Feet in Black Anodized!

Not just any anodizing will do though...these are hard anodized. The hard anodizing is about twice as hard as standard.

Some pics:

and mounted:

So now you have to clean up your side stand and hit it with some black rust paint if it looks like this!

Stainless steel bolts and the patented Disc-Lock(r) washers in stainless steel to make sure it stays there included of course!

We are going to have these on special at the Vancouver Moto Show but some (most?!) of you won't be there so if you are experiencing some "it's January and I can't ride my bike at all/much (for some of us anyhow) but I want something neat for it but I don't have any money" Then we'll have a special for you too!

They will be on for $30.00 CAD (same price as the raw ones) instead of $31.99 CAD and no tax (12% here) at the show and for anybody else; $30.00 CAD and free shipping ANYWHERE in the world (errr if the post goes there that is...so not if you're in the middle of a trip in the Sahara!).

This will be on for a limited time only starting now and we'll be out at the show from Wednesday January 18th. thru to Sunday January 22. The special will go until the end of January (and we don't have a million of them) so be quick!

We bill via PayPal. You may use any credit card, no PayPal account needed. Email us at sales(at)motooverland(dot)com if you're interested.

Next up will be another show special...(KTM LC8 Top Racks...)

Thanks!!

Dave

toowheels screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 09:22 PM
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD Triumph Tiger 800 Top Rack

Just a couple of quick pics of the Tiger 800 Top Rack now that it's wearing black for the show

There are a few refinements that will be done for the production version and of course it will be fully CNC machined so the perimeter and all the slots/cutouts will be perfectly finished.

We're planning to have them ready around mid February.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD KTM Top Rack Show Special

We're doing a Vancouver Moto Show Special for the KTM Top Racks!

Our MOD KTM Top Rack link:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=598253&page=3

Some pics:

These Top Racks have a LOT of direct mounting options (like all of our Top Racks)!
-Multiple Rotopax fuel pack mounting options
-Kolpin Jr. fuel pack mounting
-Givi/ Kappa Monokey
-SW-Motech Trax
-Caribou QFS (DIY)
-KISS (DIY)
-integrate extremely well with Giant Loops Great Basin giving a forward and rearward mounting position
-work very well with just about any soft luggage with all of the slots and cut outs
-comes with CNC'd alloy spacers and stainless steel bolts
-fully finished around the perimeter and all the slots and cut outs.

More pics:
with Rotopax mount:

Givi/Kappa Monokey mounting

If you're at the show they are:
MOD KTM 990/950 Adv. Top Rack $90.00 incl tax -reg. $99.99, saves you $21.99 (CAD)
MOD KTM 950SE Top Rack $100.00 incl. tax -reg. $108.99, saves you $22.07 (CAD)

If you're not at the show it's the regular price with free shipping included anywhere in Canada or the US. If you're somewhere else we'll put a $22.00 CAD credit towards the shipping charge.

Limited time...only now through to the end of January and we don't have hundreds of them! We'll be at the show from Wed. Jan 18th 'til Sunday Jan. 22 so you won't hear back from us during that time period.

email: sales(at)motooverland(dot)com

Ask away if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Just got word from Dave @ GL that he's bringing up a couple of new proto bags...and a proto of something something else that's not a bag...

Ian @ Britannia Composites is MIA on all this because he has been trying to keep up on Lynx fairings! If you're lucky though you'll catch him at the show.

The bike with the Lynx on it will be a Yamaha WR250R.

Lastly I should have mentioned that all the specials at the show are cash only please.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Dave
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Thanks!!

Thanks to everyone that dropped by and said hi!

Also great to hear from riders with our equipment that are very happy!!

A pic of our booth from the show:

The show was pretty busy...especially on Saturday!! The ice storm on Friday definitely contributed to that I'd say.

Don't forget the above "Show Specials" continue through to the end of the month.

Thanks again!

Dave
Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #15
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Show Specials

We're getting to the end of the Show Specials on the MOD KTM 990/950 Adv & KTM 950 SE Top Racks and the MOD BMW Side Stand Feet for the F800 GS and F650 GS (twin) in case you want in.

Details above

Thanks!

Dave