User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
RageKage OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
BMW Motorcycles of OKC closed?

Went to check their site for some used inventory about a week ago and found that it was down, www.bmw-ok.com.

Checked again today, still down.

Activated my super-google-powers and found this thread on the BMW luxo touring board:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=571423

Have not had the time or desire to drive down I-40 lately , and check for myself.
Anybody on here have any details?

'09 xl1200n
RageKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
vagabond65
b00n

Oddometer: 11
I drive past there everyday & haven't seen any bikes parked out front in a while. I think there's more info on the OK riders thread in the regional forums. I know the BMW sign that was on the building has been replaced by a Ducati sign, but, sadly, I do believe they are gone.
vagabond65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
Phil in K.C.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Interesting...Never met the owner, can't remember his name, but seemed like a nice guy to talk to on the phone. We bought an '07 F650GS for the "spouseal equivalent" from them that I found on line, she liked the price and we arranged to pick it up. We are in the KC area so the owner suggested the we pick it up at his other location in Tulsa, saving us many miles in the deal. Sounded good to me! Cash deal...only problem was he told us Ok law could not release the title for 30 days...gave us a bill of sale and left the current tags on the bike....sounded strange but I did have all the other necessary paper work, so we loaded up and headed to Arkansas to get her first ride on her new bike on the Pig Trail...how cool is
that?!...A month later it got interesting, and the excuses started...long story short, it took over 6 mo to get them to send the title and even then it was getting to the point of threatening with action through the Mo and Ok AG office....but he was still very nice the whole time!

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff......Frank Zappa
Phil in K.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,668
http://www.ducatiok.com/

December 8, 2011

Dear Customers,
We would like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to visit us over the past ten years. However, we have made the decision to close the store and explore other ventures. As I write this, my only regret is that I made my days too busy with business and didn't stop and talk to you, our customer, on the showroom floor more often. The friendships that I have made in my time at the dealership are some of the most meaningful in my life. It has been the greatest honor, and the most fun thing in my life, to be able to represent the Ducati brand. Ducati has been, and always will be, a true love in my heart. Having gotten to meet the people who work at every level of the company, my passion has grown even more. I would like to thank each of them for the opportunity they gave me with this dealership.
I have also been fortunate to work with people I truly believe are world class salespeople, parts gurus, and technicians, and I only wish I would have learned more from them. I truly feel that the employees at the shop are my family and we will always continue that friendship. Thanks to you all for your hard work these past ten years - our dream was your dream too, and we could not thank you more.
This truly is a time of fantastic change, as Jenn and I are expecting our first child in the Spring. We are both excitedly awaiting this new adventure! Careerwise, it seems uncertain. But lately I have been asked, "What did you always want to do when you were a kid?" So I'm sorry Mr. Hamilton, but today I begin my unbridled efforts to become McLaren's top Formula 1 driver!
Sincerely yours,
Ryan Tupps
Dirt2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Phil in K.C.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Yep...seems like a nice guy...Hope he gets that F1 ride!!

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff......Frank Zappa
Phil in K.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
Jack T.
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I'm torn. . .the owner was/is a super nice guy, but I had a horrible experience with their service department.

So I guess to the owner I'll say "more power to you on the F1 gig" and to the service department I'll say "good riddance."
Jack T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,435
go read the regional thread...

basically, they closed down abruptly... didn't notify their employees until they walked in one day, asked for everyones keys and credit cards, and said thanks, you're fired!

rumors of BMW coming to pick up all the bikes.
Tru story of them closing down with a bike that had already been purchased, and trying to slow-play the new owner with stories of deliveries... but the new owner said he would go ahead and take it right then (still waiting on any paperwork though)
rumors of many other things... not as concrete so i'll just let them remain rumors...

bad deal all around.
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Oddometer: 17,455
This really sucks. They were my dealer of choice, always treated me well on all of the 4 bikes I'd bought from them over the past 8 years. I'm 300 miles from any dealer, be it OKC, Dallas or Santa Fe. I may head west next time, it's a good excuse to go to the mountains.

The summer before last I was at OKC BMW waiting while my bike was being serviced. The owners son along with a few salesmen and I got to visit a good while about the business and they seemed quite sour on BMW. The main complaint was simply the hassle of dealing with BMW's attitude that whatever problems you might be encountering with their bikes were most assuredly because of your own ignorance.

I'll miss them.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
Jim03R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Now what?

Now Tulsa is the nearest BMW dealership, this sucks! Maybe its time to switch to the new Triumph, which that dealership is just down the street.
The two blokes I knew down there was Ron the parts guy and Oscar the mech and they both went out of their way to help me and as for the dealership itself, well thats another story..........
Jim03R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
Okie Preacher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim03R View Post
The two blokes I knew down there was Ron the parts guy and Oscar the mech and they both went out of their way to help me and as for the dealership itself, well thats another story..........
That was my experience as well. I always appreciated Ron Bogart. If anyone knows where he landed, post the info as I would like to tell him thanks.
Okie Preacher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Preacher View Post
That was my experience as well. I always appreciated Ron Bogart. If anyone knows where he landed, post the info as I would like to tell him thanks.
Absolutely.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Jim03R
Adventurer

Ron,

The Ronster is out at the Jones motorcycle store. Just emailed me and said things were doing good out there, since i live in Choctaw im going to venture up there and say hello to the guy, that is if there counter is not to tall.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
stevie88
That's gotta hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim03R View Post
The Ronster is out at the Jones motorcycle store. Just emailed me and said things were doing good out there, since i live in Choctaw im going to venture up there and say hello to the guy, that is if there counter is not to tall.
Iszat in Clinton?
Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
Mala Suerte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie88 View Post
Iszat in Clinton?
Jones actually, on Britton.
Mala Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #15
Jim03R
Adventurer

Jones?

I'll dble check with him before i go shooting my mouth off about where he works at. I'm afraid being married for 15 years has dulled my paying attention senses.