Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #196
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
We stand behind EVERYTHING we sell and our light kits are no different. For this reason I have pm'd Jazz62 and offered a refund if he is not happy with our product.
Toad did indeed offer me a full refund (including return shipping.)

Jazz62 screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 12:44 AM
Jazz62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #197
FlyFishJeff
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
I received my lights this week, and I installed them today. Unfortunately, one of the lights is defective; only two of the four leds work.

Please PM me and let me know what we can do to correct the problem.

FlyFishJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #198
FlyFishJeff
Adventurer

I just went back a few posts and read that the M12s are sold out; that stinks. I guess I'll be waiting quite a while for a replacement for the defective light I just purchased.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #199
EdGear
Edventurer

Oddometer: 534
I got my MM15 lights and finally had a chance to install them.
First off the housings are bomber, somewhat alien looking.
I am replacing some PIAA halogen lights, have a harness so I just got the lights.

MM15 vs PIAA with H3 super brights

I was surprised by the depth of the housing, mostly massive heat sink.
Either these are over engineered or they shine like the sun.
The depth was a bit of problem because the PIAA bracket was too small.
An easy mod to the bracket and the lights were installed.

These lights are bright! People will see you coming.
I'm a bit concerned about needing to dim them.

KTM640 Adv (using iPhone 4s)
HID low beam

Add the MM15

Add the halogen high beam

I will be seen.

At night (using Panasonic DMC-ZS3, "night scene", F3.3, 1/8sec, 800ISO)
HID low beam, bright, definitely shaped to avoid on coming traffic

Add the MM15, not shaped, not aimed yet either, fills in and extends range of HID low beam

Add the halogen high beam, aimed further down the road, brightens stop sign at end of street

My HID low beam is pretty bright but the MM15's fill in and allow me to illuminate where I want.
Off road I can spread the aim a bit. They are mounted on the triple clamp and will light up where my front wheel is pointed.
On road they give me a better profile for on coming traffic.

Nice piece of gear.
EdGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #200
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz62 View Post
Toad did indeed offer me a full refund (including return shipping.) Heck I thought my review was mostly really good. Anyway, no dice, I'm keepin 'em

For anyone else that bought the entire kit with the harness, would you mind showing me/us how you mounted the switch?
I tried using velcro at a couple of different locations on my 1150GS but the switch is too small to provide enough of an anchor against the force required to use the toggle and it kept popping off. Maybe some type of industrial strength two sided tape would work?
The switch is designed to be panel mounted. Meaning you need to find a location, or fabricate a bracket to mount the switch in from behind.

Search thru this thread I think there are a few pics of where people mounted the switch.

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #201
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishJeff View Post
I just went back a few posts and read that the M12s are sold out; that stinks. I guess I'll be waiting quite a while for a replacement for the defective light I just purchased.
Sorry about the issue. We really do check every single light before it goes out. Not sure how that got by us ????

In either case, we do have a few we hold back. Your replacement will be on the way tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail.

PM'd also.

-Brian
Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #202
FlyFishJeff
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Sorry about the issue. We really do check every single light before it goes out. Not sure how that got by us ????

In either case, we do have a few we hold back. Your replacement will be on the way tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail.

PM'd also.

-Brian
Thanks, Brian! I'm glad to hear you have a replacement available!

Jeff
Old 06-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #203
SAS Mayhem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Laugh

Just got back from my trip. Just ordered a set of MM15.

Cheers
Ron
SAS Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #204
SV_Dwayne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGear View Post
At night (using Panasonic DMC-ZS3, "night scene", F3.3, 1/8sec, 800ISO)
HID low beam, bright, definitely shaped to avoid on coming traffic

Add the MM15, not shaped, not aimed yet either, fills in and extends range of HID low beam

Add the halogen high beam, aimed further down the road, brightens stop sign at end of street
I would demand a refund! The lights didn't add a single lumen to your low beam!

SV_Dwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #205
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Be sure to read the refund policy about these lights

gone

Jazz62 screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 12:45 AM
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #206
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

I hate to get into a "pissing contest" but a response is need to Jazz62:

Jazz62 - is an unhappy camper. in response to his complaints, we DID offer a FULL REFUND INCLUDING RETURN SHIPPING AT OUR COST.. he turned that down. After that, by his own admission he installed the lights and went as far as using RTV to attach the harness thereby making it unuseable. In spite of this a refund was still offered minus a $20 fee to restock them. Meaning replace the harness and sell them as used.

Most all vendors return policies are identical to ours regarding electrical items for obvious reasons.

Too date we have hundreds and hundreds of happy customers (many here on ADV) and in the rare (2 come to mind) instance that there has been an issue we have gone over and above to resolve that issue.

Our lights MM12 and MM15 are comparable to those offered by Clearwater and TT (in design and performance) at a lower price point. They are not promoted as the brightest possible units (there are other vendors for that). They are designed to be useable "as-is" without the need for a dimmer. Unfortunately some do NOT do their research beforehand.

Recap of actual events:

Inspite of return policy, which is very similar to other vendors we did offer a full refund for the unused light kit and that offered included us paying for return shipping costs.. After the was used and damaged (wire harness permanently attached to bike) we still offered a refund minus $20 for the cost of the damaged and now un-returnable harness. When that wasnt enough "Jazz62" opted to flame us here.

I believe that if you read back thru the posts in this thread from "Jazz62" it will become obvious where the issue is.

Thanks,
-Brian

The Toad screwed with this post 06-13-2012 at 09:33 AM
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #207
Jazz62
Studly Adventurer

Edit - PM content removed as per forum rules.

Jazz62 screwed with this post 06-22-2012 at 12:46 AM Reason: removing PM content
Old 06-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #208
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Please read entire post:

After some extensive and more extensive research, we have concluded there is indeed an error in our description of the MM15 beam pattern.

When spec’ing the lights we had specified that we needed a 15 – 25 degree spot pattern. Following production, we did some testing to determine the strength/integrity of the mount as well as the overall volume of light produced. After several long distance washboard tests, we concluded the mounting attachment was ready for duty. During light testing on a dark back road, it was noted that road signs a great distance away and not visible using headlights or our MM12 lights, did indeed become visible with the MM15 lights. At that point we opted to bring the MM15’s to market.

It is difficult to actually and honestly (keyword) photograph “light”, we did all we could determine beam angle and distance. It became evident that the “initial” beam is greater than 25 degrees, actually closer to 40 degrees. As the distance increased, the beam suddenly dropped and narrowed. Neither of these results were anticipated. Also unanticipated was the distance the light extended.

After testing, and discussion with the rep at the point of manufacturing we concluded that what we have is indeed a “pencil” beam and this is not the same as a "spot" beam. While they are both designed for lighting objects at a distance, they are not the same. This was a misunderstanding between "us and them". The pencil beam is exactly as it sounds, a long narrow beam. As too not lay “blame” on anyone other than ourselves for this “misunderstanding”, we had assumed that the point of manufacture and MondoMotos were on the same page in terms of the angle and type of beam pattern we seeking. This was a bad assumption.

We are correcting this on our website as this PM is being written and it will be updated asap. We will also be updating this thread. We are contacting anyone who purchased the MM15 lights and offering a refund (for the returned product), if they are unhappy with the light.

Even though there were some “unfortunate” things stated, we thank Jazz62 for bringing concerns to the table.

Thanks,
-Brian

The Toad screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 10:35 AM
Old 06-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #209
FlyFishJeff
Adventurer

I received my replacement MM12 unit today, and it works great! Thanks, Brian!

The defective light will be on its way back to you tomorrow (using the prepaid Priority Mail label you included with the replacement unit).

Count me as a satisfied customer!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #210
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishJeff View Post
I received my replacement MM12 unit today, and it works great! Thanks, Brian!

The defective light will be on its way back to you tomorrow (using the prepaid Priority Mail label you included with the replacement unit).

Count me as a satisfied customer!
Thanks

-Brian