ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #106
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Thanks

Thanks to those who took advantage of our "Pre-Order" sale on the MM12's.

As of Mar 17th they are back in stock and ready to ship.

All orders were sent out yesterday (Mar 19) and those that are in the CONUS should have them in just a day or two.

Looking forward to some more pics of them on mounted up

Thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains

The Toad screwed with this post 03-20-2012 at 10:48 AM Reason: edit txt
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #107
lq9crew
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Oddometer: 13
Thumb Got Mine!

Ordered on Saturday 3/17 recieved on Wednesday 3/20.

This set will be going on my KTM 450 EXC, I was so anxious I mocked them up with a small 12v test battery.

They make my Trail Tech x2 Dual Sport Halogen (35w H3 x2) look like a candle!

I am going to mount them using the inner handguard mounting bolts so they will tuck in nice and tight to either side of the headlight.

Thinking about a second set to use as reverse lights on my truck.
lq9crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #108
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by lq9crew View Post
Ordered on Saturday 3/17 recieved on Wednesday 3/20.

This set will be going on my KTM 450 EXC, I was so anxious I mocked them up with a small 12v test battery.

They make my Trail Tech x2 Dual Sport Halogen (35w H3 x2) look like a candle!

I am going to mount them using the inner handguard mounting bolts so they will tuck in nice and tight to either side of the headlight.

Thinking about a second set to use as reverse lights on my truck.
They WILL light the way

Post up some pics once you get them mounted.

Thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #109
lq9crew
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Oddometer: 13
Here are a couple quick pics of how I mounted them. They are rock solid and give great fill light to complement my halogen high beam. Lights up the ditches and all the animals eyes glow bright.





Toad, I sent you a PM. I hope to hear back soon.

lq9crew screwed with this post 03-22-2012 at 09:14 PM Reason: grammer
lq9crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #110
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Caledonia Mo.
Oddometer: 306
Mine came in yesterday. Look forward to trying them out. Thanks Joe
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #111
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by lq9crew View Post
Here are a couple quick pics of how I mounted them. They are rock solid and give great fill light to complement my halogen high beam. Lights up the ditches and all the animals eyes glow bright.





Toad, I sent you a PM. I hope to hear back soon.
Thanks for posting up the pics

With so many folks mounting the 12's up high on their dual sports, i'm inspired to do the same on the DRZ.

Thanks again
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #112
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...
 
Rapid Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Strangel Living West of Hell
Oddometer: 9,077
Thumb

...got mine in yesterday, no pics yet, but I gotta say, these units are very nice. Much better than I expected. For the price I'd normally expect some China-built cheapie junk. These are very nice looking, seem very well built, sturdy construction, and have decent hardware and strong looking lenses.
Looking forward to see them flame on...
__________________
'09 450 EXC Nani Roma Limited/'08 R1200R-Gone to the Hipsters/'02 Dirty lil KTM400EXC-gone to a good home/'10 WR290X/R buhbye!
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red/'06 950 ADV Orangeboom/91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #113
Southcoast
Adventurer
 
Southcoast's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Oddometer: 10
Mondo LED lights

I got a pair of these and have them mounted on my road bike at the moment. They are great at filling in the light gaps that I get with the standard headlight, and they are particularly good in mist and fog conditions as I found out yesterday! Really well made product and well worth the investment.
Southcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #114
justintyme
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Oddometer: 30
Got mine today, neighbor dropped them off after the postman delivered to the wrong house
justintyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #115
jc9995
Commuting BEAST :)
 
jc9995's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 213
Got mounted up today. Decided to mount them down low on the crash bars. I was going to weld a tab onto the bars to mount the lights, but after looking at it a bit more, I decided to clamp them to the bars using a u-bolt. My hope is that if/when I dump it in the dirt they will have a tendency to swivel in instead of breaking something.
Anyways, I was installing an bi-xenon projector at the same time so I decided to take a pic of them all fired up. These things are great! They seem just as bright as my 3000 lumen hid system. .....I may be looking into a dimmer. ;)
__________________
"We cant solve our problems with the same thinking that created them"...Einstein
jc9995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #116
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...got mine in yesterday, no pics yet, but I gotta say, these units are very nice. Much better than I expected. For the price I'd normally expect some China-built cheapie junk. These are very nice looking, seem very well built, sturdy construction, and have decent hardware and strong looking lenses.
Looking forward to see them flame on...
Thanks for the feedback.
Looking forward to some pics once you get them mounted up.

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #117
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9995 View Post
Got mounted up today. Decided to mount them down low on the crash bars. I was going to weld a tab onto the bars to mount the lights, but after looking at it a bit more, I decided to clamp them to the bars using a u-bolt. My hope is that if/when I dump it in the dirt they will have a tendency to swivel in instead of breaking something.
Anyways, I was installing an bi-xenon projector at the same time so I decided to take a pic of them all fired up. These things are great! They seem just as bright as my 3000 lumen hid system. .....I may be looking into a dimmer. ;)
Good thinking on the "Swivel" idea.

Still trying to get the time to put some dimmers together and it may still be awhile before we have something ready.

Thanks for including the pics.
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #118
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southcoast View Post
I got a pair of these and have them mounted on my road bike at the moment. They are great at filling in the light gaps that I get with the standard headlight, and they are particularly good in mist and fog conditions as I found out yesterday! Really well made product and well worth the investment.
Thanks for the feedback.

Glad they are working out for you

-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #119
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
You can never have too many lighting options





For reference the lights are from left to right
Side car - 55W hallogen (4.5Amp draw)
2 MM12Aux lights - 12W LED (0.9Amp draw)
Spot - 100W halogen (8.3Amp Draw)
Headlight Highbeam - 60W halogen (5Amp draw)
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #120
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,144
DRL's

We once again have the (very limited stock) MM01DRL's available.



They are only available as pictured in Black/Black



Seen above in action MM12's up top. MM01DRL's on crashbars.

They can be ordered thru our website

Also, Bob from MondoMotos will be joining us here on ADVrider next week. He is new to the community but no stranger to all things on 2 wheels . Im not sure he has yet choosen a screen name??? He will be filling in here from time to time to help answer questions.

Thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains

The Toad screwed with this post 04-01-2012 at 09:28 AM
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014