Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #316
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 357
Sorry but I couldn't bother to read all the other posts. The only thing I have ever bought from harbor freight was a clamp one time that shitted on me the first time I ever used it and media blasting material. It's been my experience, well the experience from some of my cheap ass friends that their tools aren't worth a fuck!! The clamp I bought proves it!!! As a former auto tech, the cheapest tools I will consider purchasing is Craftsman. With that said, my toolbox is filled with Snap On, Mac, and some Matco, but primarily Snap On. If I need to make things such as engine lift, motorcycle lift, etc.... I make it. Using my Miller TIG welder and Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter.
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #317
llamabomb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvangel View Post
I have had my lift for 3 years now and it has been great, i have the air and foot pump but never use the air. I leave it up for days at a time with a bike on it and no leaks or creeping down. This is one HF item that is worth it.

Doesn't this have a pin or something to keep it in place once it's raised?
llamabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #318
cablebandit
Web Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
It does have a safety bar.
IBA #33260
cablebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #319
pvangel
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamabomb View Post
Doesn't this have a pin or something to keep it in place once it's raised?
Yes it does, You can see it laying on the floor under the pump pedal. I do put it in if I know the bike will be up in the air for a week or 2 but usually forget.
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #320
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablebandit View Post
It does have a safety bar.

Silver bar in the front.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #321
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post

Silver bar in the front.

Jim
Jim - is that the manual version you converted somehow to air ? If so, how did you do that ?

Cheers
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #322
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
Jim - is that the manual version you converted somehow to air ? If so, how did you do that ?

Cheers
No, it came that way. Back when I purchased mine there were a couple options. One was air over hydraulic. I never used the air option. My compressor is small, and it took longer using air than just pumping it manually.

Jim
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #323
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Just got it today

Seems to work better than hunching over or laying on the floor.
I got the upgraded wheel chock but I don't think I'll use it too often because of the side stand.
I've always wanted a lift and today was the HF sale.

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #324
Inane Cathode
Cheated Anion

Oddometer: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by what car?? View Post
Sorry but I couldn't bother to read all the other posts. The only thing I have ever bought from harbor freight was a clamp one time that shitted on me the first time I ever used it and media blasting material. It's been my experience, well the experience from some of my cheap ass friends that their tools aren't worth a fuck!! The clamp I bought proves it!!! As a former auto tech, the cheapest tools I will consider purchasing is Craftsman. With that said, my toolbox is filled with Snap On, Mac, and some Matco, but primarily Snap On. If I need to make things such as engine lift, motorcycle lift, etc.... I make it. Using my Miller TIG welder and Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter.
You dont bother reading other posts, and apparently you dont bother doing your research either, no wonder your clamp broke. I bet if you took the time to bother to read reviews on it you'd learn that without wasting your money.
Just because it's name brand, and you over paid for it, doesnt mean its failure proof. I would also love to see a motorcycle lift and engine lift you built in your garage even come close to the quality of manufactured machines, even crappy chinese ones.

Inane Cathode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #325
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by what car?? View Post
Lets see what you built with your bitchen' tools.

Pic's or it didn't happen....

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #326
atlthrux
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
HF lift w/o garage

I'd love to get one of these lifts, and I just received a $330 coupon (I'll check Rider, too). However, I only have a carport (no sides), and it will get wet. What do you think, will it become a rusty heap soon, or could I keep it covered & lubed...and hope to get a few good years use out of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I've had my air over hydraulic (an upgrade) for about 4 years. I use it a lot, and it has held up great! I bought it with a coupon for $299, and a 20% off coupon. $240!

Jim
atlthrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #327
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlthrux View Post
I'd love to get one of these lifts, and I just received a $330 coupon (I'll check Rider, too). However, I only have a carport (no sides), and it will get wet. What do you think, will it become a rusty heap soon, or could I keep it covered & lubed...and hope to get a few good years use out of it?
Throw a tarp over it and keep it well lubed, it should be fine. The powder coat on it is plenty thick.

Jim
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #328
STANIMAL
SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlthrux View Post
When not in use , just stand it up , thats what I do. It will minimize the footprint . It will take a lifetime for it to rust sitting under roof , IMHO.
I'm ignorant, but happy---steyr_scout308
STANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #329
brailman133
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Been looking for this thanks for all the post it helps me a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brailman133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 AM   #330
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,090
Anyone use this? Might be good for front tire changes?
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote