ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #76
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed
 
the darth peach's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: N.California
Oddometer: 11,397
Very nice!!
the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #77
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
off of rt 145, there are some cut throughs to Montrose...and the dirt road split 3 times and after ending up at a dead end twice I gave up trying to cut through the Uncompahgre National Forest to Montrose. I asked directions from these ranchesrs that were all to happy to shoot the shit and share strories. Turned out that some movie was shot on their land....
I dont recal the movie or the actors...























heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach View Post
Very nice!!

thanks...
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #79
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
With low gas, I backtracked to rt 145 to find a place to camp and get gas in the morning. Rt 145 was a nice road...it hooks up with 550 again and I can catch that up to Montrose... not as much fun, but...feh








dinner, beer and noodles




nice spot..... had the sound of the river to sleep to
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #80
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
It seems i have a lost "roll of film" from Montrose up 50 to the Delta..
but from Delta I took a right on some beautiful roads over to Kebler Pass into Crested Butte.....
this is what I have to share:













stopped in Delta for lunch...























and headed over to Kebler Pass, it is very easy road...nothing to it.














































































Crested Butte like i like









































































































































heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #81
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid
 
WeazyBuddha's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: RGV Texas
Oddometer: 4,307
Nice, very nice.

How's your supply of chewing gum holding out?
__________________
A drunk driver killed someone I love
WeazyBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #82
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
Nice, very nice.

How's your supply of chewing gum holding out?
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #83
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!
 
SkiBumBrian's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Redding, CA
Oddometer: 1,042
Dude. I grew up in the 4 corners area, in Durango, Co. The Anasazi ruins are the s***. Lots of awesome earth there, I miss it terribly. Nice pics!
__________________
"Where ever you are, there you go..."
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #84
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 98,625
Ah. I've been over Kebler Pass, too, from the west. I made a sudden U-turn in front of the liquor store in Crested Butte and my wife (who was following me) tipped the bike over when she tried to match it.


Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #85
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Dude. I grew up in the 4 corners area, in Durango, Co. The Anasazi ruins are the s***. Lots of awesome earth there, I miss it terribly. Nice pics!
It is a breathtaking area, very inspiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
Ah. I've been over Kebler Pass, too, from the west. I made a sudden U-turn in front of the liquor store in Crested Butte and my wife (who was following me) tipped the bike over when she tried to match it.


I love Crested Butte. I had been to Colorado several times before, but this was my first visit to that town.
Hope your wife was OK....My wife doesnt ride, though she has expressed interest in trail riding. I think we are going to start looking for a small cc trail bike for her to learn on. It must be nice to have a partner that enjoys riding motorcycles.
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #86
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: where elephants roam
Oddometer: 539
Thanks for a great ride report! I have a pic of my bike infront of Crested Buttes liquor store. ha ha. except we were in full rain gear and put tarps on the bikes that day..loved CB tho...
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #87
Delilama
Papa Bear KLR
 
Delilama's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Warren V.T.
Oddometer: 186
heffe,whicked cool shot's!You said you lost a roll of film? are you still using film as to digital?
All you shot's are great,keep them comming!
WE hear on the site do not care if you have a life,job or whatever,WE want more now!
Will be down your area in a few week to do some stuff,up for a ride?
__________________
BEER IS PROOF GOD LOVES US. Benjarmin Franklin
Delilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #88
Signal
Cynical Idealist
 
Signal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 8,345
Cool

I gotta get over to Montrose and look up an old friend one of these days
__________________
Day Trippin'- Endless Utah
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #89
Klay
dreaming adventurer
 
Klay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: right here on my thermarest
Oddometer: 98,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe View Post
ItI love Crested Butte. I had been to Colorado several times before, but this was my first visit to that town.
Hope your wife was OK....My wife doesnt ride, though she has expressed interest in trail riding. I think we are going to start looking for a small cc trail bike for her to learn on. It must be nice to have a partner that enjoys riding motorcycles.
It's a cool town...we laughed at the kid hippies there a little, though. We rode sport bikes with smooth tires over the pass...she was less confident with her bike with the clip-on handlebars, so we traded and she rode my SV650. So she tipped over my bike. We've since evolved to a garage full of thumpers. Yeah, it's cool, we met in traffic.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #90
heffe OP
#$%^&U*&^%$#@
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Oddometer: 5,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilama View Post
heffe,whicked cool shot's!You said you lost a roll of film? are you still using film as to digital?
All you shot's are great,keep them comming!
WE hear on the site do not care if you have a life,job or whatever,WE want more now!
Will be down your area in a few week to do some stuff,up for a ride?
Hey, I have riverside camping and spare bed room, hot shower Etc..give me a call when you are in the area... you are welcome Also heading to western mass for a fun ride...the camp ground is fun the night before
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755308

you going?
heffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014