ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Duscherck OP
Vufera Era
 
Duscherck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Bologna,Italy
Oddometer: 175
Bike badly parked

anything goes with the bike in the parking lot ... more or less

Post your bad parking.

Between of crosswalks and disabled parking. very bad!
Attached Images
 
Duscherck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Horton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Niederrhein
Oddometer: 447
I'm sorry, but to park your bike badly in London, means you need a busticket next day. . .

So I have only pictures with a correct parked bike

__________________
Horton

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Duscherck OP
Vufera Era
 
Duscherck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Bologna,Italy
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton View Post
I'm sorry, but to park your bike badly in London, means you need a busticket next day. . .

So I have only pictures with a correct parked bike

is good

unfortunately in SOME italians inner city this is a mirage ,although lately we are improving.
Duscherck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
sanjaya_sugiarto
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Oddometer: 209
How about this?

sanjaya_sugiarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
kingbee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Western U.P.
Oddometer: 171
"Badly parked" might mean different things depending on where you live. For example, in Buenos Aires it seems to be acceptable to park bikes on the sidewalk. Wouldn't fly in the states. I liked B.A.- there seemed to be as many bikes as cars.
Attached Images
 
__________________
1999 DR350SE- Mine
1992 XT225- Queenbee's
2007 CRF150F- Princessbee's
kingbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
tedder
irregular
 
tedder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles (ktown)
Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbee View Post
"Badly parked" might mean different things depending on where you live. For example, in Buenos Aires it seems to be acceptable to park bikes on the sidewalk. Wouldn't fly in the states. I liked B.A.- there seemed to be as many bikes as cars.
I park on the sidewalk in the 'states when I'm not going to be terribly long and it's a wide sidewalk. Seattle is a good example of this.

Yes, lots of bikes in B.A., but that's true of many places outside of the US.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
MPH
Studly Adventurer
 
MPH's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gurnee, IL
Oddometer: 673
In the Middle of the Street

I park mine right in the middle of a 2-lane highway in northern Lake County, IL. I let traffic back up for a mile as I compose my photographs:
Attached Images
 
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
stbob
 
 
stbob's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: 07020
Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
I park mine right in the middle of a 2-lane highway in northern Lake County, IL. I let traffic back up for a mile as I compose my photographs:
stbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Horton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Niederrhein
Oddometer: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedder View Post
I park on the sidewalk in the 'states when I'm not going to be terribly long and it's a wide sidewalk. Seattle is a good example of this.

Yes, lots of bikes in B.A., but that's true of many places outside of the US.
In germany it depends of the town you park. In cologne it's okay, but in other places they kill you for this. . .
__________________
Horton

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
tedder
irregular
 
tedder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Los Angeles (ktown)
Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton View Post
In germany it depends of the town you park. In cologne it's okay, but in other places they kill you for this. . .
well, it is germany, after all. Zee rules! Must be followed!
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #11
pilotguy299
The man who regrets
 
pilotguy299's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Fredneck County Maryland
Oddometer: 1,493
parked after the crash

pilotguy299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:38 AM   #12
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Somerset, UK
Oddometer: 393
How and where do you park your hacks? I am new to riding a Hack and am not sure where to park it? In a car space or motorcycle? HELP!!!
Billtr96sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Horton
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Horton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Niederrhein
Oddometer: 447
It depends of the size of the hack and the situation. I believe if I park my yellow hack. . .

. . .in London, on this limited space. They scooter driver will kill me.


The hack I park like a car. On bike places only, if there is a lot of room. . .
__________________
Horton

dä rumtreibär
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
thdu
Adventurer
 
thdu's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: nice france
Oddometer: 76
no bike badly parked in Paris ...

thdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #15
Duscherck OP
Vufera Era
 
Duscherck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Bologna,Italy
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdu View Post
no bike badly parked in Paris ...

Awful
Duscherck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014