User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #526
Scout_6
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Question Is there a list?

Of events for us new folks? I have been following the list, have my site, and plan to be there on the first weekend. Just wondering if there are events or things to chip in on during the rally?
Scout_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #527
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_6 View Post
Of events for us new folks? I have been following the list, have my site, and plan to be there on the first weekend. Just wondering if there are events or things to chip in on during the rally?

It's really free-form in terms of events. Just ask around and see what groups are forming up to ride where. Cannonshot has a bunch of routes scouted out, or just take a ride up to Lake Superior. Gather around the beer trailer in the evening. I'm going in without any preset plans.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #528
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay View Post
I'm going in without any preset plans.

Isn't that a plan?

vwboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #529
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
The first weekend is a great chance to really get to know some people well. I think there were only about twenty of us hanging out at the beer wagon last year. The second weekend could be a little more overwhelming if trying to make friends with over a hundred people running around.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #530
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,904
Quote:
The easiest way to describe it is the rally itself is for BSing, bench racing, meet ups and general merriment. The Rally doesn't organize anything as far as rides or daily events save for the second weekend meal and music. Even daily coffee is a crapshoot depending who gets up earliest

As far as chipping in, the only thing to chip in really is for (2nd) Saturday morning bacon and if there is a tequila buffet on Thursday night, plant a bottle on the table for the public to share.

Saturday morning pancake extravaganza is a free will donation to benefit the Cub/Boy Scout troops in my area.

BTW, this years pancake money is going towards a laptop, timing equipment, and record keeping software for Pack 3751. With the leader turnover in Cub Scouts, we leaders have been loading the timing software on our personal PC's and it gets pretty confusing around Pinewood Derby time. We plan on making a stand alone system that the pack owns. That way if any other packs in the area need to borrow it, it's easier to set up and use.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #531
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
I had the impression that the overnighter to Keweenaw was a regular event with the date set early in the week by informal consensus of participants. Last year Bonebag also organized some weekday presentations on site that looked interesting (on GPS and first aid i believe), but i squeezed in a trip to Duluth and missed them.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #532
Number8teen
Uncompetent

Oddometer: 10,494
I think the weekend ride ride to the peninsula you mentioned was really just a group of friends who decided to go up there... not really something sanctioned by the rally or anything like that necessarily.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #533
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post

BTW, this years pancake money is going towards a laptop, timing equipment, and record keeping software for Pack 3751. With the leader turnover in Cub Scouts, we leaders have been loading the timing software on our personal PC's and it gets pretty confusing around Pinewood Derby time. We plan on making a stand alone system that the pack owns. That way if any other packs in the area need to borrow it, it's easier to set up and use.
Awesome!!

Our haul for the season.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #534
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8teen View Post
I think the weekend ride ride to the peninsula you mentioned was really just a group of friends who decided to go up there... not really something sanctioned by the rally or anything like that necessarily.
Oops, well thanks to everyone who let me tag along last time. I didn't mean to throw the invite open to a bunch of people who might not be as cool as me... ;-)
Old 06-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #535
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,074
Hey, I have one of those too!

I acquired it at a white elephant gift swap in January. Take a wild guess at which fellow ADV rider I got it from. Keep in mind the trophy is for "most original".
Old 06-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #536
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Ha! Sweeeet
Old 06-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #537
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Any ordained ministers in here? How about a good lead on someone who could legally marry Amy and I on Sunday Aug. 5th at 11am in Dodgeville?

We've had a complication....
Old 06-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #538
C Squared
Now with TURBO!

Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Any ordained ministers in here? How about a good lead on someone who could legally marry Amy and I on Sunday Aug. 5th at 11am in Dodgeville?

We've had a complication....

I have a buddy who can do marriage's, Not clergy, more like court house, but can be anyplace.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #539
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Squared View Post
I have a buddy who can do marriage's, Not clergy, more like court house, but can be anyplace.
So he has powers vested within him? She might insist on clergy for the ceremony.
Just e-mailed Harley biker Reverend Timothy I found online. His website looked a little dated so not holding my breath.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #540
C Squared
Now with TURBO!

Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
So he has powers vested within him? She might insist on clergy for the ceremony.
Just e-mailed Harley biker Reverend Timothy I found online. His website looked a little dated so not holding my breath.

Yup, he is a Cop, Lawyer, Court Officer.... So, he is vested with such powers.