Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #61
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo99 View Post
I don't care about living the lifestyle, I want form function, and reliability. It also helps to have good strong resale value if I decide to get rid of the bike at some point in time. The Japanese manufacturers simply don't offer all of those things for me.

I'm also looking at buying used, not new. And an 07+ model for the 6th gear. Some people say you don't need 6th, but I have ridden 2soft tails- one with 5 and 1 with 6 gears and I like the 6th gear much better for extended high speed road cruising.
Sounds like you have it figured out.
Knowing what years and models lets you dial in what paint and other stuff you want from the used market. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #62
cbr1000dude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
You must not get out much then.

Corvettes are (stereotypically) for the overweight, gold-chain, midlife crisis crowd. Power boaters are obnoxious drunks who think the entire bay/river/ocean belongs to them.

Point is, there are few people in the sports car world that have a worse image than the Corvette owners, and there's no arguing that power boaters deserve every bit of ridicule they get, at least in the Chesapeake Bay area.

Your point was that you think you're superior to other riders due to the brand you ride.

Sorry if my bluntness offends anyone, but Jebus, how small does your wiener have to be to take the time to type a post simply to ridicule someone else's choice of motorcycle?
Man, are you a piece of work, what world do you live in? You attack me (and leave my wiener out of this) because I said buying a HD was a poor choice IMHO to the guy who asked about them. Now this is all about you? I only brought up the car and boats as an example of what I would buy instead of a HD for a like amount of money.
I suppose you are upset because I pointed out that low lifes, criminals and drunks ride most of the HDs around here, a statement that is really not in dispute to me. Sorry if this doesn't fit your image of reality.
And the Corvette and boat forums I frequent and filled with the nicest, most helpful people around anywhere. Your response seems pretty biased to say the least. Did a Corvette run you off the road or boat splash your HD's chrome?
Your myopic devotion to HD prevents you from seeing the other options in life.
cbr1000dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #63
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflanne View Post
You want a Harley? They won't hang wit most anything else but if you don't give a crap about that, what does it matter. Get what you want and enjoy.
Care to elaborate or are you too just parroting myths..?
Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #64
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
I'm partial to the Road King, I can remove the windshield, add a sissybar, luggage rack, or a tour-pac (trunk) and a batwing fairing is available from after market makers. I have all of the above except the batwing fairing, I can go from naked bike, to full on touring bike is less than 2 minutes, it's all attatched with quick release hardware. Granted I don't have a stereo but my Ipod works just fine with ear buds. The frame in the 09 models and up had a major design overhaul and I think there is a noticable difference in how the newer framed bikes handle.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 96k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #65
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000dude View Post
I suppose you are upset because I pointed out that low lifes, criminals and drunks ride most of the HDs around here, a statement that is really not in dispute to me. Sorry if this doesn't fit your image of reality..
Perhaps because it is not reality except in that numb skull of yours.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #66
Uglyprimate
UglyPirate

Oddometer: 6,944
Quote:
I suppose you are upset because I pointed out that low lifes, criminals and drunks ride most of the HDs around here, a statement that is really not in dispute to me. Sorry if this doesn't fit your image of reality.
Over here in the real world they ride scooters or some old piece of shit rat Jap bike.

And ALL of them aspire to own a Corvette.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #67
cbr1000dude
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Perhaps because it is not reality except in that numb skull of yours.
Really?
I've been living here for most of my life, and been to so many places I can't remember them all, and every weekend the roads are full of HDs coming and going to bars and diners piloted by drunks, MC members, and wannabes. I guess you don't stay up very late. I must have imagined it all in my numb skull. I guess I just made up the Hells Angels and Mongols shooting each other too. Why don't you visit a few biker bars and tell me all about the nice friendly guys there late at night on Saturday.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #68
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
exactly what parts of the Victory commercials series is "bullshit" blah blah blah...as for your one single example...look on craigs list...harleys are like cockeroaches...a dime a dozen street glides, road kings that are but a few years old are asking 10-12k and are sold for less...

Really? All from your area.

Dec 30 - 2008 Harley Davidson FLHTCU, 105 Anniversary Model, Many Extras! - $18495 - (BALLARD STREET AUTO, SAUGUS, MA -- BOSTON) pic <<motorcycles/scooters - by owner

Dec 28 - 2008 Harley-Davidson® FLHTCU Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® - $17999 - (Nashua, NH)
Dec 27 - 2008 Harley Davidson FLHTCU, 105 Anniversary Model, Many Extras! - $19495
Nov 17 - 2009 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic - $18750 - (Agawam, MA) pic <<motorcycles/scooters - by owner

It seems I was being conservative and low balling their worth a bit...
Quote:
Also the Bike that was bought for $25+k a few years back is now worth less than $10k. A comparable Harley of the same year is still worth $17K

and it seems you are as full of yourself as the dude in the Victory commercials.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #69
cbr1000dude
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyprimate View Post
Over here in the real world they ride scooters or some old piece of shit rat Jap bike.
Really? Lots of scooter riding thugs there? Sounds scary!

And ALL of them aspire to own a Corvette.
Well, of course they do, it's made in America with real American parts!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #70
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Really?
I've been living here for most of my life, and been to so many places I can't remember them all, and every weekend the roads are full of HDs coming and going to bars and diners piloted by drunks, MC members, and wannabes. I guess you don't stay up very late. I must have imagined it all in my numb skull. I guess I just made up the Hells Angels and Mongols shooting each other too. Why don't you visit a few biker bars and tell me all about the nice friendly guys there late at night on Saturday.

There is a reason they are called 1%'rs They make up about 1%
Your juvinial and idiotic assertion:
Quote:
I suppose you are upset because I pointed out that low lifes, criminals and drunks ride most of the HDs around here, a statement that is really not in dispute to me. Sorry if this doesn't fit your image of reality..
Is COMPLETE bullshit. Or is it some new math they teach in school now that makes a small percentage a majority?

You are a fool and a troll and should go play in the basement.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 01-01-2012 at 07:28 PM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #71
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Hey bomber196

Crap! The second vid impresses me....not that he could stand a Road king on its tail with a passenger..but the passenger is kinda easy on the eyes! What the hell? I stand corrected: there's at least one woman that likes doing that.

Gimme a year and I'll see if wifey wants to start doing that

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #72
9secondsflat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
And I will be more then happy to run you for title...you know my all hype victory cant possibly keep up with your Screamin Eagle big dollar chrome laden heap.....

just a fyi my XC makes 138/135 at the rear tire all motor, no bottle, no juice, no turbo, ..does not need freshening up like the harleys do, does not leak, does not break down, gets 55 mpg on the highway and eats wanna be bikers like you who adorn themselfs with skulls, cheap leathers, ten dollar helmets all day long....

keep your harley, its crap, i suppose you think that if ford made a 1975 pinto today to the same standards but added a mp3 player it would be .state of the art technology

Quote:
Really? All from your area.

Dec 30 - 2008 Harley Davidson FLHTCU, 105 Anniversary Model, Many Extras! - $18495 - (BALLARD STREET AUTO, SAUGUS, MA -- BOSTON) pic <<motorcycles/scooters - by owner

Dec 28 - 2008 Harley-Davidson® FLHTCU Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® - $17999 - (Nashua, NH)
Dec 27 - 2008 Harley Davidson FLHTCU, 105 Anniversary Model, Many Extras! - $19495
Nov 17 - 2009 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic - $18750 - (Agawam, MA) pic <<motorcycles/scooters - by owner

It seems I was being conservative and low balling their worth a bit...

and it seems you are as full of yourself as the dude in the Victory commercials.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #73
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,363
Quote:
just a fyi my XC makes 138/135 at the rear tire all motor, no bottle, no juice, no turbo, ..does not need freshening up like the harleys do,

Nice numbers!

Is that stock out the box?

Would be real interested in seeing your dyno graph.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #74
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,806
Let's keep it civil.. 2 reported posts today.... let's not turn every HD thread into a bashing thread... if you have nothing positive to contribute to the OP's question, move on and wait till Friday when we open the HD bashing thread in the basement on Fridays.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #75
Kbetts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Quote:
exactly what parts of the vid series is "bullshit" its facts and sometimes the truth hurts...as for your one single example...look on craigs list...harleys are like cockeroaches...a dime a dozen street glides, road kings that are but a few years old are asking 10-12k and are sold for less...

The burden of proof is on the accuser and they fail to make their case. They're not using any facts, just opinion. It's on you to back up your opinion, not anyone else. This common tactic of accusation and expect others to prove it's not true automatically puts Victory in the low life bracket.

There are a lot of colas on the the market but there is only one Coke. The OP wants two-up and commute. The will work very well for all except stop and go rush hour stuff where the engine heat will have to be dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Hey, this is ADVrider, where facts are not real important.

Kbetts screwed with this post 01-01-2012 at 06:53 PM
Kbetts is offline   Reply With Quote