Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #91
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflanne View Post
Nice bike! And this is from an Ape rider.
Thanks, the Tour-Pac was my last purchase, got a good deal on a used one. The Road King is like having three bikes, there is so much stuff for these bikes and I don't mean just fluff, you can truly make it your own. My bike is bone stock and the power is adequate and the handling matches the power output. I've ridden high HP monsters with brakes that don't equal the speed and frames that were no match for the HP, the Harley's components are well paired for the bike. The newer Harleys are really a nice bike I have electronic cruise control, ABS brakes, the dealer network is amazing, it's hard not to be close to a dealer if you need one, or just want a cup of coffee.
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 87k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #92
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
this is the one of the pulls after the 116 build
Quote:
just a fyi my XC makes 138/135 at the rear tire all motor, no bottle, no juice, no turbo, ..does not need freshening up like the harleys do,....
So building up your engine to 116 is not freshening up? You done stepped in it now. Start a thread about your bike and post a link.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #93
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,188
Where do you non-Hd owners live where your
drunks, criminals and losers are on 20k bikes ?
I lived in west vietpalm, Florida, and old geezers
wearing " I'm a parrothead" t-shirts and knee-hi
black rayon socks were the only ones lining HD's
and those OCC pre-fab girlie choppers up at the
bocceball courts and yacht clubs . . .Drunks for
sure, but criminals who will make make your
property values drop? Hardly. Maybe you should
move or ride your bike to another neighborhood.
When people quote magazines or bring boats into
a MC forum, one can only pine for the good ole daze
and hope for eugenics. The nu era, Jersey Shortification
of motorcycling is on full display in all its fetid, grey
and beige slattered, HOA APPROVED glory.
Nothing like an Hd thread to separate the people
who get it and the people who don't. I can only
hope for an Occupy Motorcycling movement
after 6 pages of this. The pocket protector-horn rimmed
glasses for safety people need to take a shot of
Metamucil and curl up with a copy of Iron
Horse or Dice. Just don't quote them, please . . .
thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #94
Nadgett
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
Drunks, criminals, losers, doctors, lawyers, and dentists. All undesirables!
Nadgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #95
9secondsflat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
no, a build up is not freshening up...freshening up is when you build up a motor and it wont stay together (or running at that same high level of performance) so it must be torn down to replace worn and failing parts so its running in top condition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
So building up your engine to 116 is not freshening up? You done stepped in it now. Start a thread about your bike and post a link.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:23 AM   #96
schwartzkm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
This is a big resaon I can't justify a Victory. I don't think of bikes as an investment, but I don't want to take it in the shorts either....
I own a Harley so I'm not pushing Victory, but Victory depreciation is steep initially but tapers off which makes buying a 2 year old model a very good deal! If you want new, the Victory dealer where I live has their 2011 CrossRoads for sale for 13.5k! That is 4k off msrp!!!

Anyways, I ride a Harley but love Victory and wouldn't mind one in my stable but it is too close to what I already have so for now will pass.
schwartzkm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #97
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 910
Quote:

Wow. Is that SAE or STD? Corrected or uncorrected? As it is, it's worthless for anything other than bragging rights around people who have never seen a real dyno sheet.

I won't even begin to go into how pointless it is to compare your modified bike to a stock Harley (or anything else). Suffice it to say, spend similar money on a Harley motor (about 7 grand for the SE 120R) and it'll walk away from that. And I'm guessing that you're unfamiliar with Harleys, as neither of mine have ever leaked a drop of anything.
'05Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #98
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,221
Quote:

Nice graph but don't you think that's a little disingenious from your reply that your engine didn't need "freshening up".
Old 01-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #99
9secondsflat
Gnarly Adventurer

SAE corrected and spend 7k on a street glide and my xc will still walk it...take my purchase price for my 2010 XC and add in the 5k for the total build and its still less then a discounted msrp streetglide or any CVO with built motors from Harley.

As for the 120R, kit sure its a better option then Jims 120 but even tuned with drag pipes it wont produce more power then a 4 valve head (non CNC'ed like the screamin eagle head) which is found on every Victory. Try to find a vid of one producing more then 130 rwhp and 130tq..... good luck as it would be nothing more then the dyno jockey playing with the numbers. My 116 build can be duplicated time and time again and produce similar numbers in EVERY victory that started as a 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Wow. Is that SAE or STD? Corrected or uncorrected? As it is, it's worthless for anything other than bragging rights around people who have never seen a real dyno sheet.

I won't even begin to go into how pointless it is to compare your modified bike to a stock Harley (or anything else). Suffice it to say, spend similar money on a Harley motor (about 7 grand for the SE 120R) and it'll walk away from that. And I'm guessing that you're unfamiliar with Harleys, as neither of mine have ever leaked a drop of anything.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #100
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,188
Taking advice from this thread, I just poured 30cc of 'Summer's Eve Natural' into my scooter.
thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #101
'05Train
Mind is not for rent

Oddometer: 910
Quote:
SAE corrected and spend 7k on a street glide and my xc will still walk it...take my purchase price for my 2010 XC and add in the 5k for the total build and its still less then a discounted msrp streetglide or any CVO with built motors from Harley.

As for the 120R, kit sure its a better option then Jims 120 but even tuned with drag pipes it wont produce more power then a 4 valve head (non CNC'ed like the screamin eagle head) which is found on every Victory. Try to find a vid of one producing more then 130 rwhp and 130tq..... good luck as it would be nothing more then the dyno jockey playing with the numbers. My 116 build can be duplicated time and time again and produce similar numbers in EVERY victory that started as a 106
Well you sound convinced....

Glad you're happy with your bike. Take some friendly advice and never race a 120R for pinks in the 1/4 mile. You'll end up walking home.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #102
9secondsflat
Gnarly Adventurer

If its a street glide...wont happen even if they have a jims 120 which produces more power then the SE 120R as the street glide is almost 100 pounds heavier then a XC..
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Well you sound convinced....

Glad you're happy with your bike. Take some friendly advice and never race a 120R for pinks in the 1/4 mile. You'll end up walking home.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #103
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyprimate View Post
Over here in the real world they ride scooters or some old piece of shit rat Jap bike.
well now i'm turned on.
love those POS rat japs
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #104
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
no, a build up is not freshening up...freshening up is when you build up a motor and it wont stay together (or running at that same high level of performance) so it must be torn down to replace worn and failing parts so its running in top condition...

If done wrong yes. Any engine not built right will not hold together for long. You are a fool if you think that a Harley can not be built with numbers equal to or better than yours and is quite able to "stay together" for many thousands of miles.

Before you step in it further please do a bit of research.
Here is a link to stock charts for 110's with various Pipes: (NOT Built Up) http://www.harley-davidson-forum.net...ead.php?t=8597

I work with Mike Tues-Saturdays. We may very well have more charts on file than any other HD store in the country. Mike has a proven reputation for building 150+ hp engines that do indeed "stay together"

Not a HD engine per say but if you have a need for speed it doesn't get much better than this: http://www.harley-davidson-forum.net...ead.php?t=8800

You referenced Jims motors. "The standard jims motor, with no modifications, in a bike with Rhinehart true duals makes 123HP/135TQ as tested (without a large sample, we do not know if these numbers are typical)" M.S.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 07:56 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #105
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
SAE corrected and spend 7k on a street glide and my xc will still walk it....

Try to find a vid of one producing more then 130 rwhp and 130tq..... good luck as it would be nothing more then the dyno jockey playing with the numbers. My 116 build can be duplicated time and time again and produce similar numbers in EVERY victory that started as a 106
You are right about your Victory being "duplicated time and time again..."

But you are simply ignorant about HD as the same can be said of them. Its all good. You like your bike. I would hope so after spending so much money on it.

You do know that you do not need to bash another brand to talk up yours right? Stop being a child.

DAKEZ screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 09:33 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote