User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
msmckeon
Just ahead of the sweeps

Oddometer: 88
Clarence Reserve Trip 21st January

Was about to post selected photos of my successful solo trip in the Clarence reserve this just past Saturday (21st) to KiwiBiker. Edited the selected dozen pictures to the allowed size, one at a time and uploaded them, the small number at a time allowed, ready to post. Went back tonight to do this and spotted a small print notice advising any pictures not used within an hour would be deleted. And, yes, after all that work, every picture had gone.

I can see why KB is losing its appeal.

After all that all I can say is the trip was a great success, with great views and I/we need to go back. I don't have any way of posting pictures here "You may not post attachments" is my profile for some reason. Unfortunately I will not be able to share the picture I took for Mark S of me brewing up an espresso (long black with milk) at 3000 feet on Blind Saddle.

Michael
msmckeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #32
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie! View Post
I'm currently stuck in the Hutt with no motorbike - in lieu of an actual adventure ride, I will be riding my bicycle to the pub tomorrow (Tuesday).
You are all welcome to join me (even if you drive a car there ) - 7ish at the Parrot and Jigger (Hutt Rd).
what time will you be there?.I work up the valley a bit could come straight from work if you could make it a bit earlier,could pick you up (prolly in car) we could have a meal there. Paul 0276742270
Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #33
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmckeon View Post
Was about to post selected photos of my successful solo trip in the Clarence reserve this just past Saturday (21st) to KiwiBiker. Edited the selected dozen pictures to the allowed size, one at a time and uploaded them, the small number at a time allowed, ready to post. Went back tonight to do this and spotted a small print notice advising any pictures not used within an hour would be deleted. And, yes, after all that work, every picture had gone.

After all that all I can say is the trip was a great success, with great views and I/we need to go back. I don't have any way of posting pictures here "You may not post attachments" is my profile for some reason. Unfortunately I will not be able to share the picture I took for Mark S of me brewing up an espresso (long black with milk) at 3000 feet on Blind Saddle.

Michael
Michael, email them across & I'll put them up for you. I've sent a PM with my email address. .

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #34
msmckeon
Just ahead of the sweeps

Oddometer: 88
Clarence Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRSNUT View Post
Michael, email them across & I'll put them up for you. I've sent a PM with my email address. .
Thanks Steve.
In the end I put them up here:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...y-4WD-Weekends

Michael
msmckeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #35
Short Shins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Is there a Capital Coast Adventure this year?
The friendly folks of Team DS (vintage trail bike division) want to know

Ernest Hemingway
Short Shins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #36
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmckeon View Post

Michael
you can still post pictures on ADV just not as attachments. You need to upload your pics to an online photo host (photo bucket is free, google it) then just click on the insert image tab and paste in the URL. There is no restriction on size.

cheers
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #37
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Shins View Post
Is there a Capital Coast Adventure this year?
The friendly folks of Team DS (vintage trail bike division) want to know
I hear tell not, unfortunately. But dont take my word for it, in case I jinx something...
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #38
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
I hear tell not, unfortunately. But dont take my word for it, in case I jinx something...
Nooo! You Welly guys should all go occupy 4Skins driveway until he relents & gets cracking on this years edition.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #39
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Two Fatties & a Skinny Take On Odlins Rd.

Andy called me last night to ask if I wanted to go for a ride today. I had been doing some maintenance to Gus, but wasn’t quite ready to boogie. We agreed to meet at Upper Hutt Rimutex at a gentlemanly 11.00am this morning to allow for that. At the time I thought 11.00am might mean that we’d be riding in the hottest time of the day.

This morning proved that this wouldn’t be an issue – unforecast drizzle & low cloud.

Got a text from Andy just as I was heading out the door to say he was running 20 mins late – cool, just enough time for Mandy to make me a real coffee. No cafes at Odlins Rd.

Arrived at Rimutex at 11.20am, & got another text from GuzziTony to ask if I was riding this weekend. Funny you should ask. Tony asked for 10 mins grace to change wheels & he’d be there.

We utilized the time to allow Andy to give me a fork seal fix lesson (business card to clean the seal, or in this case my drivers license), which seems to have remedied the leak on Gus, at least today. .

Neither Tony nor I had ridden Odlins Rd previously, so we weren’t sure exactly what we were getting into. It’s at the summit of the Akatarawera Rd, with the entrance opposite the carpark. Just across the road from this photo.

Andy had mentioned the challenging entry, but when I saw it - soaking wet, (because the drizzle had returned), & a very steep & technical rock wall climb, I nearly turned around & went home. Surprisingly, it turned out it was quite grippy, & after Tony scooted up (shaking his thang), I felt obligated to follow. Better traction on the left.

Andy mentioned that that was the worst of it. He was economical with the truth. I should've taken photos of the initial climb & some of the more challenging sections - but I was too busy. Most of the photos were taken when we stopped for a breather.

The road follows a ridgeline, with some bush sections, but mainly consisting of broken or fractured rock. Rain persisted for the entire ride. There was a heap of branches, toitoi, & other foliage draped across the track, which guaranteed a wet slap in the face. Wet branches also made standing on the pegs problematic in some area. I struggled with vision (glasses were fogging in the slow going, rain made faster progress difficult.).

Sorry Tony - while you can get cell coverage in here, you can't get choppered out. You're just going to have to ride it...

The ride was a challenge that I’d like to do again in the dry. It certainly reinforced that I need to get fitter. We got within 4 miles of the hut, but decided to turnaround at that point (Andy mentioned some more challenging sections).

The ride back was interesting - I'm not sure if I have a short, or my tendonitis is / was flaring up, but after nearly drowning Gus in a deep puddle I was getting what felt like shocks off the bars.

Thanks Andy for a good day out. Just next time, no rain okay?

Home after 5.00, soaked, & faarked.

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 02-04-2012 at 04:15 AM
Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #40
guzzitony
Guzton

Oddometer: 161
fun ride

Hey, when i got home i found a dry piece of clothing!

the back of my undies.......

Sorry if thats made anyone sick haha.

SHEDSAM- objects given/collected and stored in a
shed/mancave. esp car/bike parts.
guzzitony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #41
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,733
bugger riding in rain

Odlins Rd is the best all weather track in the area - so at least you were all on the right track for the conditions
Old 02-04-2012, 03:56 AM   #42
Box'a'bits OP
In need of repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzitony View Post
Hey, when i got home i found a dry piece of clothing!.....The back of my undies.......
Luxury....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
Bugger riding in rain. Odlins Rd is the best all weather track in the area - so at least you were all on the right track for the conditions
BTW, Andy's been shedding chunks off the trials tyre - so that didn't last long....Doesn't like the road miles I guess

Box'a'bits screwed with this post 02-04-2012 at 04:01 AM
Old 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #43
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
BTW, Andy's been shedding chunks off the trials tyre - so that didn't last long....Doesn't like the road miles I guess
well he'd better look after it betterer
he's going to need every knob he's got tomorrow......

apparently a MT43 is the only road suitable trials tire.
I suspect our cheapy super soft veerubbers would vapourize on contact with tar seal
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
apparently a MT43 is the only road suitable trials tire.
I suspect our cheapy super soft veerubbers would vapourize on contact with tar seal
The Hidenau trials is road legal too.

How much were the VRubbers?

MT43 is about $150.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #45
Rosie!
Little MissAdventure

Oddometer: 443
Anyone want to go for a ride on Sunday?
Clint and I will be in town for the day before commencing our South Island invasion on Monday.