ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #961
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpST8 View Post
yeah you can leave that here for sure. I'll warm the oil for you every now and again. You know how I love older cheap jap bikes

Need tires to ride shit like this..


and this


with some of this...


maybe even this every so often


So, Maxxis Desert IT then?



Those videos need more 2 stroke!

Thats where i'd start,[Maxxis Desert IT],or if you want to spend big money Michelin Deserts.

Low gearing might not hurt either.Just say'n.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".

AWM screwed with this post 03-06-2012 at 06:18 AM
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #962
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_ View Post
At least he only roosted you with soft dirt instead of rocks

I have to admitt,that wasn't me.
I was there,rode the hole thing,all the so called hero sections,and had a blast.But that wasn't me.
I had the four stroke that day,the guy ride'n a Berg with me was Loph.
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #963
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,383
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #964
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
I had the four stroke that day,the guy ride'n a Berg with me was Loph.

__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #965
AWM
Beard Bros Racing
 
AWM's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's house
Oddometer: 11,383
__________________
"Hes not called the Angry White Man for nothing,much more fitting then the,Unicorn Clouds and Happy Trees Man".... UpST8

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #966
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,978
I hope everyone got out today and did some riding, what a nice day!
I went to my local haunt for a few hours of trail banging.




Found the bottom of this one


The tweaks to the suspension made a HUGE difference, I'm amazed how much better it is with the proper sized springs installed. The front end is planted and it turns better than ever.
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #967
justme23005
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 1,331
I had to work.. I took a 30 foot trip down a slate roof, on my ass today.. Slid right to the bucket.. stood up, got back on the ground, picked up the chainsaws, and went home..


justme23005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #968
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme23005 View Post
I had to work.. I took a 30 foot trip down a slate roof, on my ass today.. Slid right to the bucket.. stood up, got back on the ground, picked up the chainsaws, and went home..


Slate roofs are tough, I've been on them plenty of times. Do you have a harness?
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #969
justme23005
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Slate roofs are tough, I've been on them plenty of times. Do you have a harness?
There's a harness that came with one of the bucket trucks... I think it was made for somebody that weighs 100 pounds.. I'm gonna wear sneakers tomorrow, instead of work boots, & try it again..
justme23005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #970
nachtflug
infidel
 
nachtflug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: Harrys place
Oddometer: 46,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I'm batting 1000 this year what do you mean?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nllWDc8_9lw
nachtflug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #971
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
Sorry DooD, this is a much better song, get with the program....

http://youtu.be/u4hzVpYAP-U
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #972
the come back kid
Gnarly Adventurer
 
the come back kid's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: hudson valley n.y.
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme23005 View Post
There's a harness that came with one of the bucket trucks... I think it was made for somebody that weighs 100 pounds.. I'm gonna wear sneakers tomorrow, instead of work boots, & try it again..
You have guts for even trying to go on a slate roof with boots on. Test your sneakers on glass to find the best pair. I never used a harness, but I wear more gear than anyone I ride with! I guess the harness is a personal thing.
the come back kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #973
justme23005
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by the come back kid View Post
You have guts for even trying to go on a slate roof with boots on. Test your sneakers on glass to find the best pair. I never used a harness, but I wear more gear than anyone I ride with! I guess the harness is a personal thing.
M first reaction was to get my tire groover & groove up an old pair of sneakers, then soak the tread with tire softener.
I only need to make a few cuts from the roof.. I'll do it barefoot, if i have to.
justme23005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #974
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by the come back kid View Post
You have guts for even trying to go on a slate roof with boots on. Test your sneakers on glass to find the best pair. I never used a harness, but I wear more gear than anyone I ride with! I guess the harness is a personal thing.

I have a harness but I almost never use it When I was just out of high school, I worked on a framing crew. We were sheathing the roof one day in the late fall and the roof had some frost on it, but we crawled up there anyway. I was ripping a sheet with the skil saw, when I lost my footing and started sliding off the roof......... off the side I went right into the scrap pile right on my back. I was laying there wondering if I was still alive with the saw still in my hand, covered in extension cord. All of a sudden I hear the boss yell..... " You better not have dropped that fucking saw off the roof"
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #975
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I have a harness but I almost never use it When I was just out of high school, I worked on a framing crew. We were sheathing the roof one day in the late fall and the roof had some frost on it, but we crawled up there anyway. I was ripping a sheet with the skil saw, when I lost my footing and started sliding off the roof......... off the side I went right into the scrap pile right on my back. I was laying there wondering if I was still alive with the saw still in my hand, covered in extension cord. All of a sudden I hear the boss yell..... " You better not have dropped that fucking saw off the roof"
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014