ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1126
The Shred
Airventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Thanks, it is a work in progress. I have a .7 mile loop. How was shred fest, wish I could have made it.
A lot of zig zagging thru the woods up and over every hill I could find. My goal was to make it as long as possible. It's about a 6 mile loop of constant trail maintenance.

The Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1127
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,173
I've got about the same 6ish miles, but more obstacular. Lots of rock climbs and cliff walks.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #1128
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,086
Theres nothing like an enduro to show you how poorly you are currently riding I was not a happy camper on Sunday at the Sandly lane enduro. I did this event several years ago on a DRZ and finished but it was brutal. Did it this year on the Berg. While I was far less tired than the last time I did it I also just did horrible. Stopped about 50 miles in with a strong urge to bail. In the end I stuck it out and finished because I hate quitting. The biggest problem I think was starting on a mid pack row and then getting passed by what felt like hundreds of riders...which occurs again and again all day due to resets etc. The event did highlight a couple of things..1) the berg needs the cooling fan kit and the 13T sprocket back up front....overheated 3 times. 2) I need to be on another tier of fitness to enjoy this in the future, and 3) I think I'll opt for a back row for the next one...would rather catch people than be caught. Oh and 4) 30" wide bars were just too wide.

I did enjoy the last section due to it being much more open and mostly sand whoops. 12th in class

Edit: looking at the results....I probably would have had a score somewhere in the 50's had I not stopped to "vent" a couple of times. Crankster got a 75 and that was with a smooth countershaft sprocket and he ran the "hero" section that I did not run.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1129
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Edit: looking at the results....I probably would have had a score somewhere in the 50's had I not stopped to "vent" a couple of times. Crankster got a 75 and that was with a smooth countershaft sprocket and he ran the "hero" section that I did not run.
I dropped a 50, on a light 2-stroke bike, riding the C sections. My friend Jim dropped a 48 riding the A/B sections, and got 3rd in B250. There were definitely some times in the stick farms when I was questioning my fitness, sanity, and lack of an autoclutch.

Last year they didn't do a C-rider split, and I think I ended the day with an 85. There were a LOT more riders this year, and a lot more "fast" guys in the C classes.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #1130
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
I had a blast. even though my showing wasn't as good as I had hoped. I could blame it on the smooth countershaft sprocket but I won't That Jersey sand riding is a whole different world and something I need to learn how to ride in.
This New England boy likes the rock, roots, mud holes and hills. For the record Seth, I was running 14-52 for gearing and it wasn't terrible but 13-52 would have worked better.

I think Sandy Lane will end up being great training for the MX1000.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #1131
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shred View Post
A lot of zig zagging thru the woods up and over every hill I could find. My goal was to make it as long as possible. It's about a 6 mile loop of constant trail maintenance.
Looks real nice! 6 mile loop sounds perfect.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #1132
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's what I started the A/B split with It was like a Rekluse clutch in reverse, it only slipped when I needed it the most
Old 03-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #1133
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I had a blast. even though my showing wasn't as good as I had hoped. I could blame it on the smooth countershaft sprocket but I won't That Jersey sand riding is a whole different world and something I need to learn how to ride in.
This New England boy likes the rock, roots, mud holes and hills. For the record Seth, I was running 14-52 for gearing and it wasn't terrible but 13-52 would have worked better.

I think Sandy Lane will end up being great training for the MX1000.
yeah the 14/52 gearing was in no way a source of my problems ...in some ways it worked better because I could run first gear out and that seemed to help keep the bike cool...maybe do to more coolant flow at higher revs.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 03-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #1134
Locker43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Sooo...of the Ghettoites who ran this, has someone looked up scores for Ghetto bragging rights? Inquiring minds want to know!
Locker43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #1135
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker43 View Post
Sooo...of the Ghettoites who ran this, has someone looked up scores for Ghetto bragging rights? Inquiring minds want to know!
scores are here: http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php...attach_id=7865

Old 03-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #1136
motogoon911
old skool

Oddometer: 239

motogoon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #1137
2upadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's what I started the A/B split with It was like a Rekluse clutch in reverse, it only slipped when I needed it the most
Think about running 13/53 lets you run 3rd gear a bit more
2upadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1138
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upadv View Post
Think about running 13/53 lets you run 3rd gear a bit more
I was pondering that today actually. 14/52 works pretty good in the quad trails but it was not ideal for Jersey. JT only has sprockets up to 52, so would 13/52 be close enough you think? I was running second and third gear at Sandy Lane without much issue... well until the teeth peeled off

Next time you do a ride out of your place, let me know. I need the practice!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #1139
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,237
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

That looks like my sprocket before the "fire cut madness"

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1140
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog39 View Post
That looks like my sprocket before the "fire cut madness"
Have you been sleeping on the couch since Saturday?