ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Narsisco Lopez OP
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Questions about Williamsville Competition - KTM Ducati Dealer

While considering the used KTM 990 Adventure I'm looking at buying, I thought I'd shop around to see what was available on eBay. Ran across a few bikes being sold by Williamsville Competition, a KTM, Ducati, and Moto Guzzi dealer in Holland, New York.

Any members from upstate NY (Buffalo area) know anything at all about this outfit? I just want to be sure I'm dealing with a reputable dealer before considering a remote transaction and making an offer.

Thanks!
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
muzungu62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Thumb

Great dealer has been in business forever. You will be dealing directly with Al Gillen the owner.. I bought my 2004 950 adventure from him and the experience was great.
muzungu62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Narsisco Lopez OP
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzungu62 View Post
Great dealer has been in business forever. You will be dealing directly with Al Gillen the owner.. I bought my 2004 950 adventure from him and the experience was great.

THANKS! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear from an inmate Been searching for more info on them or at least a BBB entry... no luck. It's nice to have some assurances you're dealing with straight-shooters when doing a remote transaction.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
muzungu62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
My pleasure.
muzungu62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
AdvRdrNewbie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 6
Did you transact with Williamsville Competition

I am in process of doing a remote transaction with Williamsville Competition for a 2012 KTM 990 SMT. Just wondering if you transacted and what your experience has been. The owner Al Gillen seems a little flaky to me.
AdvRdrNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
No Degree
~~~~~~~~~~

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRdrNewbie View Post
I am in process of doing a remote transaction with Williamsville Competition for a 2012 KTM 990 SMT. Just wondering if you transacted and what your experience has been. The owner Al Gillen seems a little flaky to me.
Old thread resurfaced. I am under the impression that Williamsville Competition has closed their doors. Al has a terminal illness. Any more info in regards to the current state of affairs of this shop would be beneficial to Al's former customers. And yes Al was and probably still is a little flaky.
No Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
motocityktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
I actually purchased my first KTM from them back in 1999, a 1999 KTM 640 Adventure R, was living in Michigan at the time, I called every dealer in Michigan and every surrounding state to find a 640, Al was the only one interested in helping me out! He located the bike in Pennsylvania, had it brought to him, and we drove out and picked it up. I remember the shop was in the middle of nowhere, actually had a outhouse for a bathroom, and had chainsaws alongside Ducs...it was a good experience!

Dozer
motocityktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:34 PM   #8
HollandMan
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Al Gillen has passed away

I am Al Gillen's son. I am saddened to report that Al passed away this morning after a year's-long fight with cancer. Thankfully, he passed away at home, in his sleep, with his family near him. Funeral services will be held next week in Western New York area. We will post details in the Buffalo News at http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/obituaries

Thanks for all your best wishes. Even though I am his son, I can tell you he loved his customers and fellow gearheads as if they were family.

-KG
HollandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #9
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollandMan View Post
I am Al Gillen's son. I am saddened to report that Al passed away this morning after a year's-long fight with cancer. Thankfully, he passed away at home, in his sleep, with his family near him. Funeral services will be held next week in Western New York area. We will post details in the Buffalo News at http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/obituaries

Thanks for all your best wishes. Even though I am his son, I can tell you he loved his customers and fellow gearheads as if they were family.

-KG
Very sorry for your loss HollanMan.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is online now   Reply With Quote