ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Australia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #151
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
DRjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunshine coast qld
Oddometer: 5,013
I'm in

Where are we stopping saturday night?
is there a place that serves beer and food near by?
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #152
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRjoe View Post
I'm in

Where are we stopping saturday night?
is there a place that serves beer and food near by?
good shit joe

i've got a spot in the back of my mind for sat night on the track between turkey beach and 1770 that i've stayed at once before




when we were there a couple of years back we picked up some beer at bororen and took it to the camp (less than 1 hour away)

but... it will all depend on how long we spend at kroombit on saturday which will depend on how far up we get on friday (i know of a ripper little camp spot for friday night on the track between mt perry and kalpowar , but it will depend on how we go friday)
we have a group of 11 at this stage so a couple of flat tyres could throw any planning right out the window



if we end up spending most of the day at kroombit (which is totally doable coz it's so nice) we may just head to mungungo or many peaks pub for saturday night , we'll figure that our on the day depending on what the group want to do
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 AM   #153
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer
 
DRjoe's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunshine coast qld
Oddometer: 5,013
groovy
DRjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #154
-KATO-
'690R'
 
-KATO-'s Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Riding my Hack..S.E.Qld aSHTRAYLIA
Oddometer: 859
Thumb

sounds good..
just go with the flow bro...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by james928
Great looking machine, enjoy your new shiny KTM. I tried catching the old dingo on one during the sunny coast ride. It was a great bike, the only thing faster was KATO on his well worn and amazingly sideways in 4th 690.

-KATO- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #155
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KATO- View Post
sounds good..
just go with the flow bro...
that's the spirit

i never liked the idea of having a plan set in stone coz who knows what we'll find or where we'll end up
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:58 AM   #156
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
JUST A REMINDER THAT PUBS WILL BE SHUT ON GOOD FRIDAY SO IF YA WANNA DRINK ON FRIDAY NIGHT ... BRING IT WITH YA
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #157
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
update of who's coming


me
rumble
sean-o
rucksta
swiss aussie
FatBoyCrash
dirt scratcher
OffAgain
KATO
DRjoe
greendude
and oldozy is meeting us on friday night

if anyone else wants to catch up with us along the way
my spot page is
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vNYAgCMJEOklem
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #158
Cruz
Lost but laughing.
 
Cruz's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Northside Brisbane, Qld Australia
Oddometer: 5,884
Ah, bugger!
__________________
"I reckon it would be good getting a heap of XR's in the one spot and watching a heap of blokes kicking fuck out of there bikes and swearing."

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #159
outback jack
Beastly Adventurer
 
outback jack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Central outback QLD.
Oddometer: 6,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by What's his Face View Post
update of who's coming


me
rumble
sean-o
rucksta
swiss aussie
FatBoyCrash
dirt scratcher
OffAgain
KATO
DRjoe
greendude
and oldozy is meeting us on friday night

if anyone else wants to catch up with us along the way
my spot page is
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vNYAgCMJEOklem
This could be the remake of "The dirty dozen"
__________________
There's something ugly about a NEW bike on a trailer.


CCC ride Cattle, Coal & Cane or Captains Crossing & Castlemaine.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17025601
outback jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #160
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Hervey Bay
Oddometer: 442
just a thought, do you guys need to organise any permits for Kroombit Tops.
Jealous I aint coming to.
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #161
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
just a thought, do you guys need to organise any permits for Kroombit Tops.
Jealous I aint coming to.
don't think so
we wont be camping inside the N.P so all should be good

is the invite still open for some smelly campers at your block of land

we may be around that part of the world on sunday night...maybe
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #162
greendude
Beastly Adventurer
 
greendude's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Northside Brisbane. australia
Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by What's his Face View Post


might have to throw in my telo fishing rod for this spot.looks good
greendude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #163
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Hervey Bay
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by What's his Face View Post
don't think so
we wont be camping inside the N.P so all should be good

is the invite still open for some smelly campers at your block of land

we may be around that part of the world on sunday night...maybe
Mate I am not sure what I am doing for Easter now as I've been in hospital myself and had an op, I was planning the 4 days at my place but now I might just do a day trip as I'm not 100% yet. otheriwse I would have loved to catch up with you guys.
I'll organise something down the track further at my place.
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:45 AM   #164
2upAussie990
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Hervey Bay
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by What's his Face View Post
good shit joe

i've got a spot in the back of my mind for sat night on the track between turkey beach and 1770 that i've stayed at once before




when we were there a couple of years back we picked up some beer at bororen and took it to the camp (less than 1 hour away)

but... it will all depend on how long we spend at kroombit on saturday which will depend on how far up we get on friday (i know of a ripper little camp spot for friday night on the track between mt perry and kalpowar , but it will depend on how we go friday)
we have a group of 11 at this stage so a couple of flat tyres could throw any planning right out the window



if we end up spending most of the day at kroombit (which is totally doable coz it's so nice) we may just head to mungungo or many peaks pub for saturday night , we'll figure that our on the day depending on what the group want to do

That's a top looking spot, I'll have to get up that way to do a bit of exploring 1 day
2upAussie990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #165
What's his Face OP
lost as
 
What's his Face's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: bundaberg australia
Oddometer: 3,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
Mate I am not sure what I am doing for Easter now as I've been in hospital myself and had an op, I was planning the 4 days at my place but now I might just do a day trip as I'm not 100% yet. otheriwse I would have loved to catch up with you guys.
I'll organise something down the track further at my place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2upAussie990 View Post
That's a top looking spot, I'll have to get up that way to do a bit of exploring 1 day
no worries

i'm sure we'll find somewhere acceptable for sunday night
if we end up camping both friday and saturday nights , the punters may be looking for a pub with a shower


it is a ripper little spot

my mate trev and i were looking for a camp one night and followed this nothing little single track a few hundred yards off the main track and tripped over it.... definitely one to keep in the memory bank
__________________
Remember Abe Lincoln said "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
What's his Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014