Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #166
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
Put me down for an XL Hoodie - Black. The brown looks better IMHO, so Brown XL for T-shirt.

Jr.
Seems appropriate, since you were the model for the artwork....
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #167
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 687
Rider Prep Update

Just dropping in to give a report on my prep for the 2012 MK1, and not wanting to clog up Paul's thread with too much TTR/D100 BS, I made a full report on that project here;

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post18251648

I have continued on with a daily regimen of all things related to cardio and dietary improvements, I'm not sure if any of this will make me any faster but I do feel pretty darn good.

The T-shirts look fantastic and although both colors look great, I'm kind of partial to the brown ones. Well done!

As far as our brother riders in the South opting for the sister ship SL350, I am reminded of my mother often asking me if my friends were going to jump off a bridge, would I follow? My answer; Mom, I plan on being the first to jump, not the last!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #168
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
Seems appropriate, since you were the model for the artwork....
Are you going to bring some shirts with you? say a size L, brown?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #169
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Are you going to bring some shirts with you? say a size L, brown?
Funny you should ask.

I spent hours today working on the T-shirts negotiation!

We have a fresh order being printed on Tuesday...and bringing some to the Desert 100!

Beechum, if you want to buy one, I will hand deliver you one to Mexicali!! But yes, I plan on bringing some down..I just hope I can unload a few, so I am not caught paying for a bunch of shirts that sit in a box!!

I am also planning on bring some cheaper kids versions to give away as ways of expediting our passage through check points

They are mediums on cheap cheap white ringer tees....I think the kids are going to love them as much as our stickers and beef jerky!!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:42 PM   #170
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,510
Def in for the L brown. See you here. First case is on me. what day do you guys plan on getting in town?
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #171
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
Def in for the L brown. See you here. First case is on me. what day do you guys plan on getting in town?
We'll be in Mexicali early morning of ** the 28th**, at the Crown Plaza.

And the Mighty SL will be sporting your front disc brake caliper, master cylinder and odometer...so you're like family....right?

oregoncoast screwed with this post 03-24-2012 at 05:12 AM
Old 03-24-2012, 04:24 AM   #172
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,544
I think the plan is to be in Mexicalli the morning of the 28th. The chase trucks have important cargo to pick up the afternoon of the 27th in San Diego.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #173
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
I think the plan is to be in Mexicalli the morning of the 28th. The chase trucks have important cargo to pick up the afternoon of the 27th in San Diego.
Yeah...lots of food n' such. Someone said there's no stores once you cross the border.

Oh, and the guys flying in...

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #174
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
That's right. Corrected.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #175
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Generator for D100

Paul, Since you guys will be in Odessa extra nights (looks like I will get there Saturday mid day and leave after the race Sunday), do you or Luke want to pick up my generator so you have power?
Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #176
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
Paul, Since you guys will be in Odessa extra nights (looks like I will get there Saturday mid day and leave after the race Sunday), do you or Luke want to pick up my generator so you have power?
I have a loud generator...but if I remember correctly, you have a sweet very quiet, Honda one I tried to steal at the AHRMA event at Chehalis. I am sure that our neighbors would appreciate us borrowing yours so that might be a great option. I do have a nice heater for the van that I intend to plug in.

T-Shirt orders keep trickling in, please keep them coming! outtasightracing12@gmail.com

Some final prep work being done on the bike tomorrow and Monday to make sure we are good to go for the Desert 100. Bike is running like a charm, suspension seems to be dialed in, and just working out some other details. We'll be parking the OSR Sprinter near Alex @ Konflict, and drinking his beer when he's not looking. Stop by if you are there and buy a t-shirt!

Looks like all of the OSR racers will be racing at the Desert 100 on Sunday!!

Had a little scare health-wise this week with an OSR rider, and an injury with another one...but all is well now and besides for being either, old, fat, out-of-shape, chronically slow or just plain weird, we should all be good to go!!!

Been talking to Ted Sumner of Truck 10. Ted "The Dude" saved my bacon last year, so I owe that guy lots! The Truck 10 race team are our official partners for the M1K and anything we can do to help them out, we will. And we know they have our back as well.

I'm also looking forward to a ride in that race truck!! This is the most recent photo after paint a few days ago...next on are the decals and numbers...

Can't believe we will be racing in Mexicali in about 30 days!!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #177
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Save us a place

[QUOTE=oregoncoast;18296807][COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="3"]I have a loud generator...but if I remember correctly, you have a sweet very quiet, Honda one I tried to steal at the AHRMA event at Chehalis. I am sure that our neighbors would appreciate us borrowing yours so that might be a great option. I do have a nice heater for the van that I intend to plug in.

Sounds good, lets pick a day when Luke can stop by my office and I will bring the gen to work that day.

Please save us (I'll be travelling with Don Housely, a crusty old racer and long time friend) a spot to park next to the OSR/Konflict crew, so we can mooch beer from Alex and maybe bum some suspension adjust advice for the TTR as well!

Super excited about getting out and racing!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #178
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 386
Funds sent for one XXL brown.

Good Luck in Mexico!!

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #179
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer40 View Post
Funds sent for one XXL brown.

Good Luck in Mexico!!
Thanks for your support!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #180
oregoncoast OP
Racing Like a Noob

Race Ready...

We had a very productive weekend at Lonnie's shop. On Saturday, I did a bunch of little things, mounting things back up, etc..in preparation for the Desert 100 Next weekend. I ran into Ray the welder Saturday night while walking the dogs on the beach. I asked if he would have any time to come over and fab up a few things...he said he would swing by the next day (Sunday). Well, Ray is a busy guy, and since I'm not paying him, I fully expect home life and work to take priority over an old race bike...but he showed up and stayed for hours, fabbing up some new seat mounts and fine-tuning our pegs, and fixing our kick-stand

On Monday, Luke and I went for a training ride in the woods. I used my old XR250R which has some sort of electrical issue because whenever we hit snow....she stopped running. So we stayed out of the snow and got some good, fast trail-riding in. I think Luke might have some video from the day, hopefully he post up here soon!

I've said this before, but besides for being much, much, much lighter, the old XR250R really is good to use for training for racing the SL; The front forks and brakes are similar, and due to suspension limitations, line selection is key to staying upright and moving forward! It was good to get out...but based on my soreness today, I really need to step up some training to be ready for Mexico....I think the 120 miles or so I run next weekend are going to kick my butt!

After our ride, Luke and I went to Lonnie's and mounted up some new tires on the SL. The bike appears to be running great, and should be good to go for the shake-down race at Odessa.....