Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 589
Any trials riders, clubs, events near Boise?

I am ready to get a dirt bike and have been thinking about a trials bike for.....a long time. I know there is a lot of great single track close by. But, really wondering if there may be other trials riders here that I could ride with or a club or something so that I can ride with others. Otherwise I am thinking about the Gasgas EC300 for my serious off road bike.

FWIW: I sent an email to The Trials Source in Boise asking the same thing and if they had any bikes for sale but have not received any reply. Their web site has not been updated in.......a long time. So I do not know if the email went to the spam folder or if the economy got them.

Oh yea, TIA.
SCExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Sting32
Trials Evangelist

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCExpat View Post
I am ready to get a dirt bike and have been thinking about a trials bike for.....a long time. I know there is a lot of great single track close by. But, really wondering if there may be other trials riders here that I could ride with or a club or something so that I can ride with others. Otherwise I am thinking about the Gasgas EC300 for my serious off road bike.

FWIW: I sent an email to The Trials Source in Boise asking the same thing and if they had any bikes for sale but have not received any reply. Their web site has not been updated in.......a long time. So I do not know if the email went to the spam folder or if the economy got them.

Oh yea, TIA.
I will feebly attempt to help, I cannot find a club, looking at this site (http://www.trialsclubs.us) I just dont see a club, listed for boise?

I see you got that information (guessing that is) from Gasgas dealer website? (www.gasgas.com/dealer.htm Right?

So I went to gasgas.com website, an on the opposite side of your state, there is a dealer listed in ID (Idaho right?). That is the Next person or business, who I would call and find out where they ride and or compete?

Oooopsie just thought about something,
When did you email or call? FWIW, I would call! Emails change but websites get forgotten....

BUT my point is Timing? So Please NOTE!
The Ute Cup, which is one of RMTA's big deal every year, in Colorado. Held this year I believe, is west of colorado springs, and starts this saturday both those dealers might have headed that way early this week?

Not always, but I bet it is like usually 80% of the dealers within reasonable driving distance to events like this, are trials zealots enough, & ran the "dealerships" from the home garage, and are very likely to be the guys that will goto nationals and or UTE CUP, if and whenever possible? <--- this is from My Own experience with a good friend, (who has since passed away), who was a dealer, and club president for man many years for AVTA in Wichita KS.

But, dont be afraid to check on TrialsCentral.com's boards and even Thumpertalk has a trials bike thread, you might find others that are near you or might find places within fair travel. I drive 150 miles one way, every 2nd sunday to Wichita KS... Good luck on your search and all that. let us here on the forums help you any questions you have, just ask... there is no such thing as a dumb question, although there might be more than one opinion on the answers, LOL!
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
BigSkyDabber
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Theres no club or events around Boise . There still are several riders , at least in the area & Mike still has the Trials Source but isn't involved from what I hear . The Boise guys practice together & the terrain there is awesome , some come up & ride the PST/INTA events in Washington . Theres two active riders in Idaho Falls I personally know . They mainly ride WTA ( Utah ) & come to our once a year Trial in Western Montana . PM me if you want the contact info for the Boise guys .
Steve
BigSkyDabber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
Ymirtrials
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
There are a number of events in the Spokane Wa area, http://www.inwta.com/ they seem to have an active club though I have yet to make it down to one of their events this year. I'm just north of the border from Spokane and we are having an event on the September long week-end...

2010 Montesa 4RT, 1972 Bultaco Sherpa T 250, 00' Kawasaki Super Sherpa 250 (Wife's)
Ymirtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

Thanks for all the detailed replies. Just knowing that there is a few people here who practice and compete is great to hear. Also good to know there is a great place to practice. This is actually better than I expected as I could not find anything trials related here in my limited search. I think I will try to make contact with the Boise group and find out more about the local practice area and anything else I can. This may be just enough to sway me to a trials bike over a trail bike. Of course the best option is to get both.

Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
SCExpat OP
Ex-expat

I did end up making contact with a local trials rider who practices weekly, year round. I went out and watched a practice session and have a Beta 270 (that is in the trials flea market) crated and ready to ship. It should be here by Friday and with a little effort I will make the practice that weekend......and many more.

I am ready to let my noob questions flow so get ready
Old 09-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #7
nwcycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,044
All dressed up and no one to play with?

Congrats on the bike, You will have a blast.
If you go to the Trials traning center site, they have mini videos that teach basics,
way cool, so check that out...
http://trialstrainingcenter.com/
go to the HOW TO RIDE tag............
Have fun, dont be afraid to wear armor, and dont worry about not looking cool, when you crash on a trials bike its a whole different world of pain.... usually direct blunt boo boos,,, hurt like hell !!!!!
Good luck have a blast !!!
Ron
nwcycle is online now   Reply With Quote