ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Scared of a little mud and ice?
I'll be there on my 450cc or smaller 8 19.05%
I'll be there on my 451cc or larger 19 45.24%
Maybe, if it's not raining or snowing or below freezing 11 26.19%
Probably, if it's warm and sunny and dry 4 9.52%
Are you high? I'll be at home, wrapped in my Snuggie 3 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #61
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
I am in if no snow or ice. I will be on my BMW g650gs. It can go 200miles on a tank, so fuel is no problem for me. Population of friendship is only 49 so there may not be fuel. The last time I went thru there I did not notice fuel. They have a post office, if someone called them, they could tell you.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #62
bm3moose
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
fuel

Closest fuel to friendship might be cross plains, I feel like when I roll through friendship there is a little two pump service station at the beginning of town but that could be my imagination. Here in the next few weeks I'll take my jeep out for a recon of the route to check on the crossings and see if there's anything that needs changed. I'll look for fuel. If it's going to be a big issue for several people I'd be willing to leave my jeep out in friendship with some jugs of fuel in it (and a cooler full of brewskis) if need be.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #63
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm3moose View Post
Closest fuel to friendship might be cross plains, I feel like when I roll through friendship there is a little two pump service station at the beginning of town but that could be my imagination. Here in the next few weeks I'll take my jeep out for a recon of the route to check on the crossings and see if there's anything that needs changed. I'll look for fuel. If it's going to be a big issue for several people I'd be willing to leave my jeep out in friendship with some jugs of fuel in it (and a cooler full of brewskis) if need be.
Cross plains is only about five miles from Friendship so if fuel is definitely available there, those of us who need it could peel off for gas and meet the rest of the crowd at the campground/beer joint in Friendship. Then again, that offer of a stashed cooler makes me near-certain there's not a gas station within 120 miles of there.
ghostdncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #64
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
Is this n00b-friendly? I'm fine in gravel and dirt but get my panties in a twist in supertight woods with steep rock trails.
I'm on a XT250.
Thanks!
Don't feel that way....I'm on a TW200........"someday" when I can afford to get the Tacoma 4x4 I would like to have...I'll have to truck the "little dude" to some of these events;until then,I'm marooned.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #65
bm3moose
Gnarly Adventurer

camping

If anyone is interested in making a day out of it and camping I have plenty of land in Brooksburg that is available to have a giant fire and camp on. There's also a barn if the weather gets bad or you want to park your bike inside for the night. The land has a small little loop through the woods by the indian kentuck creek. There's some other great areas to ride so if people are interested in seeing more or checking out giant waterfalls I can arrange tours.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #66
parttime rider
in the woods

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
If anyone is interested in making a day out of it and camping I have plenty of land in Brooksburg that is available to have a giant fire and camp on. There's also a barn if the weather gets bad or you want to park your bike inside for the night. The land has a small little loop through the woods by the indian kentuck creek. There's some other great areas to ride so if people are interested in seeing more or checking out giant waterfalls I can arrange tours.
where are the waterfalls at?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #67
bm3moose
Gnarly Adventurer

scenic tour

The waterfalls are in the state park west of town. There are a lot in the area that can be found but those are the main attraction. The park is nice to drive through as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #68
jclark83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Clifty Falls

Do you still have to pay to get into Clifty Falls park?
jclark83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #69
bm3moose
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not sure when the season starts but as of now it's free.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #70
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

Finally jumped through enough hoops to get my DR-Z licensed yesterday afternoon, so there's one major concern off the table for me. With all the drama I've been having with automotive failures over the last month, tires for the S wheelset will have to wait. Running the supermoto wheels, if I get through it, you can get through it. This ought to be good.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #71
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
hey ghostdncr, strange thing hearing about you gettin' your DRZ legal; is it an "E"? I did the same thing about 2 months ago so I hear ya!
woodly1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #72
joe cool
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I'm in if it's not raining or 6" of snow
joe cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #73
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
hey ghostdncr, strange thing hearing about you gettin' your DRZ legal; is it an "E"? I did the same thing about 2 months ago so I hear ya!
No, it's just an S with both sets of wheels. I had to go through the dog and pony show of transferring it from Indiana to Kentucky that's not an overly difficult process, just a very precise set of hoops to jump through in a very specific order. The SM setup is an aftermarket kit from Motostrano and what the PO had on it when I bought it last month. Don't think the tires on the S wheels are even DOT and they're in pretty rough shape, so supermoto it is!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #74
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Dang man, that's AWESOME! Sure wish I had a set of SM wheels for mine but they are too pricey for my blood! See ya soon! Can't wait for some of these local rides to start!
woodly1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #75
daveinoh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
I am thinking if it isn't too god awful cold I may camp somewhere Friday night just so I can be fresh for the ride on Sat. I'm about 2 hrs away (by twisty roads) in Cincy.

Looking forward to it!
The Toad Goeth East http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=729961
daveinoh is online now   Reply With Quote