User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2014, 04:25 AM   #1
Yamarocket630 OP
Honey Badger

Oddometer: 598
Michelin Stealth wiper blades suck

They were returned for a refund and replaced with something that actually works. That is all.

Self rating of non-rant 0.00001...
Yamarocket630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,798
Are they as bad as the Rain-x Latitude?
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Motomantra
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,367
Good to know, thanks

Sometimes there's no better mouse trap. I've been happy with O.E. on my Honda. They sell just the rubber insert, so it's not much $$.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
Yamarocket630 OP
Honey Badger

OE blades usually are the best IMO.

The craptastical Michelin blades were replaced with rainx latitudes because that's what I could get my hands on last night. I've had good luck with rainx blades in the past, hopefully these wont disappoint.

I cant believe that Michelin would put their name on that shit. They streaked and skipped right out of the box even after several windshield cleanings. The replacement rainx blades are perfect.

Next time I'm just going to plan ahead and order the Valeo blades. (OEM supplier).
Old 01-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
The OEM blades always last longer than even Anco's. If you were using Rain-x on the glass it affects the blades eventually scuffing rubber onto the glass. Window washer fluid also greatly shortens the life too.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,001
I've had the Michelins - liked those pretty well compared to the Bosch Icon? I am using currently.

My factory blades use cartridges, that I couldn't buy at the shop - saved the holders - just need to load them up with new cartridges.

Everyone should just pay Mercedes for their system.
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Yamarocket630 OP
Honey Badger

The rain x wipers turned out to be an improvement but not much. :

New OEM wipers are ordered. Fortunately Wally Mart has a liberal return policy.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
dasrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
I'm always surprised at how sucky wiper blades are. Even the OEMs don't last very long.

The only decent replacement wiper I've found so far are the Bosch Icons. Of course, they're pricey as crap at $20 each at most auto parts stores. But, I tell you, they work. They actually have a consistent wipe each time without leaving streaks no matter if you're doing interstate speeds or driving next to an 18-wheeler.
dasrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
mampula
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I've given up on buying the name brand. Seems like they all have a fairly short life. I'm now running a test. Name brand on the passenger side. Auto parts store generic on the drivers side. Purchased on the same day. Same length. I'm curious to see which one lasts longer and delivers good performance. Given that the name brand was twice the price, I'm guessing I can replace the generic more frequently, but still come out ahead.

I'll post any interesting findings.
mampula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #10
Yamarocket630 OP
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
I'm always surprised at how sucky wiper blades are. Even the OEMs don't last very long.

The only decent replacement wiper I've found so far are the Bosch Icons. Of course, they're pricey as crap at $20 each at most auto parts stores. But, I tell you, they work. They actually have a consistent wipe each time without leaving streaks no matter if you're doing interstate speeds or driving next to an 18-wheeler.
I used to do Icon wipers but they have seriously cheaped them out in the last couple of years. Last 3 sets I had were shit right out of the box.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #11
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,280
rain-x latitude sucks for snow/ice. not bad for rain. probably no better than the cheap blades. is there a decent snowblade out there?
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #12
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamarocket630 View Post
The rain x wipers turned out to be an improvement but not much. :

New OEM wipers are ordered. Fortunately Wally Mart has a liberal return policy.
Your wiper arms may be bent. The arms need to hold the blade at the correct angle to the windshield. If they are bent you will get all typed of issues.
trailer Rails is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:16 AM   #13
GH41
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailer Rails View Post
Your wiper arms may be bent. The arms need to hold the blade at the correct angle to the windshield. If they are bent you will get all typed of issues.
The OP doesn't say how old the car is. May be time for new arms. GH
GH41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Yamarocket630 OP
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
The OP doesn't say how old the car is. May be time for new arms. GH
The wiper arms are fine. The rain x blades, while an improvement were returned and replaced with oem blades. They are working perfectly. The beams of the rain x blades didn't flex enough to wipe to their edges in a few places. I also did not care for the cheesy adapters required by the rain x blades.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #15
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamarocket630 View Post
The wiper arms are fine. The rain x blades, while an improvement were returned and replaced with oem blades. They are working perfectly. The beams of the rain x blades didn't flex enough to wipe to their edges in a few places. I also did not care for the cheesy adapters required by the rain x blades.
It can be difficult to tell but a few degrees of rotational tweeting can cause some wiper blade problems. Some shops will have a gauge that they stick on the arm to adjust it properly. Someone with a heavy hand may have tweeted the arms a bit during a wiper blade change. If the OEM blades work, then problem solved.
trailer Rails is online now   Reply With Quote