Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Cool, that's what I bought after I figured out my Kawasaki was useless
around town.

I worked at a Peugeot scoot dealership in 2004 and 2005 too!
Sold over 100 of those Speedfight2s in 2 years in a 80.000 people city!

The front suspension sucks but the 100cc will haul ass (two-stroke!).

I had the Tomos A3 Sprint too

That's me on the silver one, notice the ADV sticky on the front fender!
cool!

i had 50cc when i was 16 years old, it was red and black the same as the middle one in your pic

now i have a 100cc silver the same as your old one, with blue wheels

Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #18
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Very nice!
I love small 2t's , thanks for sharing.

In case you aren't aware of this site;
www.mopedarmy.com

Lots of good stuff !

thanks a lot hopefully some progress soon

yeah im on mopedarmy its a good site!

so my list for this bike looks like

full repaint
lower seat
shorten fenders
fit mag wheels
EBR forks
black/chrome shocks
puch maxi tail light
delete indicators
tecno circuit pipe
dmr cro-mo wing bars
mtb levers
pit bike throttle

then later -

big bore kit
inlet manifold
big carb
pod filter
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

my peugeot

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760457

Forde screwed with this post 01-30-2012 at 09:16 AM
Forde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #20
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,900
You should probably open another thread with Peugeot's name in the subject, people will find it easier that way.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Forde screwed with this post 01-30-2012 at 09:17 AM
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #22
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde View Post
tried to edit my thread title to like "fordes scooter projects" or something if i am going to keep the peugeot in here but couldnt do it. will probably just update in here with all the scoots i get if i can get the title changed, because i often buy them to fix up and sell on etc
You can PM a moderator to do that for you.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #23
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

nah youre right it would be easier to keep it seperate i started a new one

Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #24
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
yeah you cant do your car or bike licence test til 17 here so you can only ride a 50cc. then at 17 you can ride a 125cc with no licence or do your test and get full car or bike licence.

to be honest, i had a 50cc speedfight with some parts on it at 16 and it would sit at 55 (real speed) all day long. that is plenty. the national speed limit here is 60. traffic flows 55-60 and that bike was fine for it. a 125 can easily break the speed limit and cruise right at it so what more do you need?

the motorway (freeway) is 70 but you arent allowed on it if you are on a provisional, or on a machine of 50cc or less. when i turned 17 i bought a 125 and rode it on provisional for a few weeks til i did my test, but i kept it for a while after gaining my full licence which meant i could use it on the motorway, and it was fine. it would cruise at 60 all day which is fine if you dont venture out of the slow lane. trucks here have 55mph limiters so the slow lane never gets much past 60.

to clarify, i know i said you need a "provisional licence" to ride those size machines. that is not an actual licence that you do a test or any traning for. you send off for it in the mail then just get a bike and head out. i would not like to be putting people who have potentially never sat on a bike before heading out on the road for the first time, and who have recieved no instruction or training on how to control it, or on rules of the road etc, on anything bigger.

125cc is really enough for 17 yo. im a bad example cos my 125 was a 4 stroke honda XR copy so was a lot slower. 80% of kids here who are riding on a provisional go for one of the 2 stroke 125cc race reps that we get here. aprilia rs, honda nsr, cagiva mito etc etc. i can tell you right now, that these are not slow bikes. they are 125 gp replicas with lights a licence plate. they make a lot of power, and have 6 speed boxes. a de-restricted but otherwise unmodified rs125 will do over 90mph.

also since the 125s, 250s and 2 strokes in general have always been so popular and are still big in the road racing scene here, parts and tuning are widely available, i have known several RS125s to break 100 and 110 mph. you can get big bore cylinders, pipes, big carbs, inlet manifolds, reed blocks, race cranks, flow and port them, the list goes on.

would you really want to give a kid with no licence who;s never ridden a bike before anything more?
Ok, not I got you. Yea that makes much more since.

First off, the bikes Y'all get over there are much better in the small displacement catagory. Here, any 50 cc Scoot but a couple harder to get high priced ones are limited to like 45 MPH TOPS. Even a 2 stroker. And will need LOTS of mods, mainly expensive hard to find CVTs and such, to do any more. And you are need a M1 License in most states for a 49 cc Scooter unless it has working pedals.

For 125 cc, we hardly have anything. The Kawaski Eliminator 125 is a 125 Cruiser, its very slow though, maxes out at 55-60 MPH or something and is just slow. There are rarley 125 race bikes, spiecally 2 strokers!

Here, anything under 250 cc is considered not even Road Worthy. And for the most part its true. On the open road, you do need that, judging my the bikes under 250 we get are too slow. I think for Freeway, a 250 will do it, but its more enjoyable on a 500cc+. Sounds like your Freeway has a similar limit though, you say 70 MPH? We have 65 MPH with a few 70 MPH in CA, some states like Texas has Rural Freeways with 85 MPH! But, regular traffic flow is 75 MPH. Trucks also are limited to 55 MPH in most areas, but thats only partially enforced. On straight away highways, most Big Rigs are moving at least 65-70 MPH. Hills or twists thats another story.

When your on a long, straight, open road, 150 cc will feel underpowered. I have an Elite 150, works great around town and on backroads. But, hop on the highway, your maxed out, hardly keeping up.

Like right now, my Shadows probably done. The bikes I am considering until I afford a new H-D next summer, HAVE to be over 500 cc minimum, a Cruiser, and V-Twin.

But, I got your law. So if you's 17 and you pass the test theres no limit on displacement, just the provisional terms? Makes sense. 16 just 50 cc. Ok, but I think should just pass test at 16 is ok and get license. But at least 50 cc ok.

Honestly, I think we need a 250 cc Limit here for noobs for 6 months or something. If you ride something bigger, its not a HUGE deal, but you can get a ticket and towed if they see you again. But, it'd suck cause I know they'd make it if you caught then suspend all license, just like violating any other of the terms. So in a way I am glad they don't just wish they could do it without so much extreme enforcing.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #25
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

yeah you can get tuning parts easily here for scoots, which makes 50cc a lot easier on a 16 year old lol pretty much every 50cc you see is tuned, a tuned 50cc is a good ride for local work even after your are 17 or have your test imo they are a lot of fun

yeah our motorway is 70, fast lane moves about 80 but you can go in the slow lane at 60 on a 125 with no problems. (if you have passed your test).

to be honest, most roads here that arent the motorway arent that straight, which is lots more fun for a start but makes it easier on smaller cc machines too

yeah when you pass your test at 17 you can buy any bike, buy a hayabusa if you want, but you have to get it restricted to 33bhp!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #26
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
yeah you can get tuning parts easily here for scoots, which makes 50cc a lot easier on a 16 year old lol pretty much every 50cc you see is tuned, a tuned 50cc is a good ride for local work even after your are 17 or have your test imo they are a lot of fun

yeah our motorway is 70, fast lane moves about 80 but you can go in the slow lane at 60 on a 125 with no problems. (if you have passed your test).

to be honest, most roads here that arent the motorway arent that straight, which is lots more fun for a start but makes it easier on smaller cc machines too

yeah when you pass your test at 17 you can buy any bike, buy a hayabusa if you want, but you have to get it restricted to 33bhp!

That makes sense. Sounds pretty similar to here, but limits only 65 MPH most places, regular traffic flows 75-80 MPH. Trouble is, idiots go fast in all lanes. Now, there should be that there simple concept, 55-60 MPH right lane, 65-75 MPH most lanes, and 80+ MPH left lane. Thats how the police should enforce it IMO. If a lanes moving at 80 MPH in the left lane, nobody ain't in danger. But, if MR Beemer is doing 85 MPH in the right lane where slower vehicles are doing 55 MPH theres a problem! Same with slowpokes in the left lane, at 60 MPH is either a Road Rage incident waiting to happen, or a 90 MPH Sportcar into a Corolla with an old Asian in it scared to death of driving. THIS is what causes a lot of accidents IMHO. That, idiots that have no buisness possesing a Drivers License, and DUI and Wreckless drivers.

And that makes lots of sense. Yes, a restriction to 33 BHP is ok I think. MAYBE 1 years just a little long, I think more like 6 months like while you have your Permit would be ideal.

For one, what is what like 25 HP at the wheel? Not much. BUT adequet for everything but longer freeway rides. This would keep noobs off the Freeway/Motorway for the most part. Would be better than 250 cc in some way, that a way you don't have to sell your bike, just de restrict it. But, how the F do you restrict a Hayabusa to 33 BHP? Pull all the plugs but 1?

And, I think Y'all have better access to smaller displacement bikes. Here its ALL about BIGGER IS BETTER! EVERYTHING! I mean everybody wants the biggest of everything. Shit, theres people that say real men ride litter bikes, all that shit. And honestly, people actually ask if its safe to ride a 600 cc Motorcycle on the Freeway, powerwise!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
That makes sense. Sounds pretty similar to here, but limits only 65 MPH most places, regular traffic flows 75-80 MPH. Trouble is, idiots go fast in all lanes. Now, there should be that there simple concept, 55-60 MPH right lane, 65-75 MPH most lanes, and 80+ MPH left lane. Thats how the police should enforce it IMO. If a lanes moving at 80 MPH in the left lane, nobody ain't in danger. But, if MR Beemer is doing 85 MPH in the right lane where slower vehicles are doing 55 MPH theres a problem! Same with slowpokes in the left lane, at 60 MPH is either a Road Rage incident waiting to happen, or a 90 MPH Sportcar into a Corolla with an old Asian in it scared to death of driving. THIS is what causes a lot of accidents IMHO. That, idiots that have no buisness possesing a Drivers License, and DUI and Wreckless drivers.

And that makes lots of sense. Yes, a restriction to 33 BHP is ok I think. MAYBE 1 years just a little long, I think more like 6 months like while you have your Permit would be ideal.

For one, what is what like 25 HP at the wheel? Not much. BUT adequet for everything but longer freeway rides. This would keep noobs off the Freeway/Motorway for the most part. Would be better than 250 cc in some way, that a way you don't have to sell your bike, just de restrict it. But, how the F do you restrict a Hayabusa to 33 BHP? Pull all the plugs but 1?

And, I think Y'all have better access to smaller displacement bikes. Here its ALL about BIGGER IS BETTER! EVERYTHING! I mean everybody wants the biggest of everything. Shit, theres people that say real men ride litter bikes, all that shit. And honestly, people actually ask if its safe to ride a 600 cc Motorcycle on the Freeway, powerwise!
Its 33 brake at the wheel you get restricted to! I have ridden some of my friends bikes whilst restricted, and then again after restriction has been removed, and you are getting close to 100mph before you really notice a difference to be honest! Most people get 600s and the manufacturers sell restriction kits through dealers etc for most popular "beginner" models like SV650 etc but any bike can be restricted. They put stops in the carbs, or on newer bikes they do stuff to the computer/CDI etc

Tbh it really is all about big is better in the USA, lol. I had a 1000cc honda firestorm (superhawk in usa) for over 2 years then a Z1000 with 130bhp at the wheel after that. Swapped the Z1k a few months ago for a XT660X supermoto that has about 50bhp and i am having more fun than ive had in years it has really refreshed my love of riding! I dont know if id have another litre bike now, just no need at all. And to be totally honest with the state of the roads in this country atm a sportsbike is just no fun to ride at all unless you like your teeth being rattled out of your head and nearly being thrown off the bike on the rough bits

Pretty funny that people think 600cc isnt fast enough, i had a ZX6-R ninja and that thing was a death machine i saw crazy speeds on it
Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #28
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Its 33 brake at the wheel you get restricted to! I have ridden some of my friends bikes whilst restricted, and then again after restriction has been removed, and you are getting close to 100mph before you really notice a difference to be honest! Most people get 600s and the manufacturers sell restriction kits through dealers etc for most popular "beginner" models like SV650 etc but any bike can be restricted. They put stops in the carbs, or on newer bikes they do stuff to the computer/CDI etc

Tbh it really is all about big is better in the USA, lol. I had a 1000cc honda firestorm (superhawk in usa) for over 2 years then a Z1000 with 130bhp at the wheel after that. Swapped the Z1k a few months ago for a XT660X supermoto that has about 50bhp and i am having more fun than ive had in years it has really refreshed my love of riding! I dont know if id have another litre bike now, just no need at all. And to be totally honest with the state of the roads in this country atm a sportsbike is just no fun to ride at all unless you like your teeth being rattled out of your head and nearly being thrown off the bike on the rough bits

Pretty funny that people think 600cc isnt fast enough, i had a ZX6-R ninja and that thing was a death machine i saw crazy speeds on it
Thats a very decent law. If you can do 100 MPH with restrictions, thats no big deal at all. Well hell I think the Ninja 250 only has 30-36 HP stock now that I think about it, that can do 105 MPH easy too. Only thing I think is should be 16 to get license if you take the test but other than that its a good law IMHO.

Hell yea man! I don't know whats up with every body and bigger is better! Frekin people buy HUGE Air Conditioning units, WAY to big for there homes just because bigger is better. And they end up short cycling, using way to much power, high initial costs, and premature failure due to this. Its easy to convince your average that the bigger is clearly better.

Your right. You do NOT need a litter bike. Man, people here consider the Harley Sportster a Chick Bike here! Espically the 883! Real men have big $25K bikes that they ride on beatiful 72Degree F sunny Sunday evenings once every few weeks to the bar, and trailor to Sturgis every year when there bikes is set up for touring. Well, the Hells Angles always Road Sportsters. Now the Hells Angles used to be ok IMO, just a bunch of rowdy guys many veterns and such just raisin hell on weekends causin shit. Whatever, now there a huge gang drugs and wars going on. But, they was the real bikers, all them outlaws would have Sportsters and other bikes.

OR, the same thing in the Sports Bike World. Seriously, its all about Liter BIkes!

IMHO, those fucking things are death traps. I road my dad's Gixxer 1000 one time, bard it when my bike done broke down, and it was just to fast. I am a very leasurly rider. I never floor my bikes unless its really necessary and just 1 time to test it. But other than that, I ride to enjoy the ride, and keep the RPMs as low as possible with as little throttle as needed as long as I don't lug the motor. Also averaged 65 MPG on my Shadow. Cruise speed on highway is 5-8 MPH within the limit, about 70-75 MPH. In city 5 MPH over is about all most of the time. BUT, when I was a ridin that there rocket, it has so much power, its honestly near impossible not to open er up and rip! Me, a leasurly rider, was goin like a bat out a hell! Pullin out of my street, I'd do 60-65 MPH in a 40 MPH without noticing! 20+MPH over off Freeway is Reckless driving, the same as a DUI charge! On the highway your at 80, why not go 90? And get on the onramp and feel that addrenline keeping it in 1st and 2nd gear! I also got 28-30 MPG.

The riding was okay, but not like my leasurly fun weekend cruises. I'd have more fun on a Ninja 250 in the twisties. An R6 is faser than necessary. Why 400 more cc? Then theres the Busa! Thats just crazy.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

there is a huge sportbike culture here, when most people pass their test they always want a sportsbike...

people are always getting a cbr600rr, zx6-r or gsxr 600 or similar for a first big bike after they pass their test. but you dont need it, they arent set up for the roads. not the roads in this country anyway, they arent in good enough condition. i have had sportsbikes and they werent good to ride on the road, way to twitchy and set up way too hard. i can tear around on my supermoto way harder because its more suited to the roads.

but everyone gets them anyway because they think they have to to be "cool".. then they ride them 20 miles every other sunday from may-september and thats it for the year... most of them never go out if its wet or damp or cold or windy in any way... i was out yesterday and its been like -3 to -5 celcius all week (i was fckin freezin mind lol)

most people that have them just cant ride them tbh. they dont ride them often enough to get any good, plus because they get them for their first bike and they are so twitchy and fast they are shit scared and never learn/try to push the bike near its limits. me and my friends on supermotos are able to cane them through the bends bigtime

i'd a bandit 400 (didnt restrict it) after my test and it was decent handling, pretty forgiving and not scarily fast. i wasnt afraid to cane it around and learn its limits, then i got a 600 and did the same, then a 1000 etc etc

there was a trackday we went to last year, my mate was booked onto it but his bike was having problems so he borrowed his GF's aprilia RS125 and he was passing most of the sportsbikers in his group through the bends, apart from one or two of them... totally funny seeing a tatty '99 RS125 flying up the inside of a 2011 gsxr through the bend, he had the tyres shredded on that wee thing too haha ill see if i can get a pic of him passing something expensive

those ninja 250s are lovely, id seriously consider one as well as my moto. dont see many second hand here tho, on account of not many being sold new cos people always go straight to 600s. i see honda have a cbr 250 out now too?

the way gas prices are going the future is going to be smaller cc bikes and scooters. u know when you see a foreign country on the news and everyone is on scooters, thats how its gonna be everywhere cos people cant afford to run a car. we can enjoy them now and the world will catch up to us eventually lol although i suppose your gas is cheap enough compared to here

Forde screwed with this post 02-04-2012 at 01:15 AM
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #30
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
there is a huge sportbike culture here, when most people pass their test they always want a sportsbike...

people are always getting a cbr600rr, zx6-r or gsxr 600 or similar for a first big bike after they pass their test. but you dont need it, they arent set up for the roads. not the roads in this country anyway, they arent in good enough condition. i have had sportsbikes and they werent good to ride on the road, way to twitchy and set up way too hard. i can tear around on my supermoto way harder because its more suited to the roads.

but everyone gets them anyway because they think they have to to be "cool".. then they ride them 20 miles every other sunday from may-september and thats it for the year... most of them never go out if its wet or damp or cold or windy in any way... i was out yesterday and its been like -3 to -5 celcius all week (i was fckin freezin mind lol)

most people that have them just cant ride them tbh. they dont ride them often enough to get any good, plus because they get them for their first bike and they are so twitchy and fast they are shit scared and never learn/try to push the bike near its limits. me and my friends on supermotos are able to cane them through the bends bigtime

i'd a bandit 400 (didnt restrict it) after my test and it was decent handling, pretty forgiving and not scarily fast. i wasnt afraid to cane it around and learn its limits, then i got a 600 and did the same, then a 1000 etc etc

there was a trackday we went to last year, my mate was booked onto it but his bike was having problems so he borrowed his GF's aprilia RS125 and he was passing most of the sportsbikers in his group through the bends, apart from one or two of them... totally funny seeing a tatty '99 RS125 flying up the inside of a 2011 gsxr through the bend, he had the tyres shredded on that wee thing too haha ill see if i can get a pic of him passing something expensive

those ninja 250s are lovely, id seriously consider one as well as my moto. dont see many second hand here tho, on account of not many being sold new cos people always go straight to 600s. i see honda have a cbr 250 out now too?

the way gas prices are going the future is going to be smaller cc bikes and scooters. u know when you see a foreign country on the news and everyone is on scooters, thats how its gonna be everywhere cos people cant afford to run a car. we can enjoy them now and the world will catch up to us eventually lol although i suppose your gas is cheap enough compared to here

Yea the more poser type riders here seem to ride Harleys. These guys ride only 72F beutiful Sundays maybe every 4th Sunday! Don't know about Sportbikes, I guess we refer to those types as squids, guys that buy a way overly powerful bike and go out a thinkin they's so badass, and ride like maniacs and we all read about them in the paper 24 year old man killed sunday afternoon in 100 MPH motorcycle crash. I have a friend who bought an R6 as his first bike, and he done crashed the think into a house at 80 MPH on his 25 MPH residential street! Causes LOTS of damage, it was like $10-$40K to the house don't remember, but to this day theres still blue paint marks on the side of the wall! Bike was totaled beyond repair. So you think he'd either buy something a little more mild, or just lern to ride better. But, no he goes out and buys a fuckin R1! Not just any old R1, but he fuckin turbo charges it, pipes come off for aftermarket, Filters modded, and, you'll too be in disbelieve, but a shot of fuckin Nitrous Oxide on the damn thing!

Yea same thing happens here with Ninja 250s. Big expensive fast Sport bikes get outhandeled all the time buy them. Theres an old story similar to many of us scooterist's, the guy borrows his wife's Ninja 250, he's asking what kind of bike he should buy her!

I love small bikes too. Today I honestly had fun on my Elite. Its fun, just not a tourer. For around town and backroads its great, some offroads, screwin around, but highways are no fun. It does what it's designed to do very well.

How bad are your gas prices out there? Here we run about $3.20-$5 a gallon, usually goes up in the summer down in the winter, also depending on location. Cali is a little more pricey too on account all the shit they put in the gas.