Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #31
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
I have a friend who bought an R6 as his first bike, and he done crashed the think into a house at 80 MPH on his 25 MPH residential street! Causes LOTS of damage, it was like $10-$40K to the house don't remember, but to this day theres still blue paint marks on the side of the wall! Bike was totaled beyond repair. So you think he'd either buy something a little more mild, or just lern to ride better. But, no he goes out and buys a fuckin R1! Not just any old R1, but he fuckin turbo charges it, pipes come off for aftermarket, Filters modded, and, you'll too be in disbelieve, but a shot of fuckin Nitrous Oxide on the damn thing!

How bad are your gas prices out there? Here we run about $3.20-$5 a gallon, usually goes up in the summer down in the winter, also depending on location. Cali is a little more pricey too on account all the shit they put in the gas.
yeah squids your damn right lol all the gear and no idea, wonder how long the R1 will last!!

petrol aka gas costs 1.35 which is $2.14 PER LITRE

diesel is 1.46 atm which makes it $2.39 per litre.

a us gallon is 3.79 litres (we use "imperial" gallons which are 4.55 litres) so anyway basically converted into your gallons and litres -

gas - $8.11 per us gallon

diesel - $9.06 per us gallon

it has just gone nuts the last few years. when i passed my car test 7 years ago petrol was like 0.62 per litre and now its over double that. red diesel (cheap for tractors etc its illegal for your car) used to be 0.35 back then and now its like 0.81 which is more than it was for proper clear diesel a few years ago. it was still well under 1.00 a litre until a couple years ago then they started going mad on it.

every time there is a increase in the price of oil, they put it up a few pence a litre. but then when you see that the oil prices have come down, the gas prices dont come down they just stay at the new higher price... funny that? and all the oil companies posting record profits... while the normal person cant get to work or heat their house...

my granny says she remembers when you got 5 gallons for 0.50 those were the days eh but a new car was like 100 back then and a big house was like 3000 lol

Forde screwed with this post 02-05-2012 at 02:03 AM
Forde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #32
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde View Post
yeah squids your damn right lol all the gear and no idea, wonder how long the R1 will last!!

petrol aka gas costs 1.35 which is $2.14 PER LITRE

diesel is 1.46 atm which makes it $2.39 per litre.

a us gallon is 3.79 litres (we use "imperial" gallons which are 4.55 litres) so anyway basically converted into your gallons and litres -

gas - $8.11 per us gallon

diesel - $9.06 per us gallon

it has just gone nuts the last few years. when i passed my car test 7 years ago petrol was like 0.62 per litre and now its over double that. red diesel (cheap for tractors etc its illegal for your car) used to be 0.35 back then and now its like 0.81 which is more than it was for proper clear diesel a few years ago. it was still well under 1.00 a litre until a couple years ago then they started going mad on it.

every time there is a increase in the price of oil, they put it up a few pence a litre. but then when you see that the oil prices have come down, the gas prices dont come down they just stay at the new higher price... funny that? and all the oil companies posting record profits... while the normal person cant get to work or heat their house...

my granny says she remembers when you got 5 gallons for 0.50 those were the days eh but a new car was like 100 back then and a big house was like 3000 lol
Yea squids man! A big part of the reason of all them new laws against Bikers out here.

$8.11 per GALLON? HOLY SHIT is all I can say! Man and I thought are summer highs of like $4.50-$5 is crazy! man, how the hell do Y'all go anywhere? I'd be on a 50 cc Scooter if I was there!

I would expect people to just not drive much no more. If that happened here, I'd bet people would actually try to find a more fuel efficient method. In the summers, when the prices near $5 a gallon, every dealer nearly sells out of scooters, Hollister Honda sells out every summer when this happens!

Cause what I think whenever the day somes that we's a runnin out of gas, it ain't just gonna be one day all the sudden we's out, its gonna be very gradual, and the prices will go so high don't nobody but the rich can afford to drive. Then everybody gonna get mopeds and they's gonna make fuel efficient cars. But I don't think it ain't gonna happen for a long time. At least 50+ years or more IMO.

But man, I wander why so high there? Probably just the oil companies? I guess they can do it. They can and people will buy if they all do it.

Yea back in the 70s or so gas was dirt cheap here. There was times when it was like $0.50 and less a gallon. But yea same everything cheaper too.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #33
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
$8.11 per GALLON? HOLY SHIT is all I can say! Man and I thought are summer highs of like $4.50-$5 is crazy! man, how the hell do Y'all go anywhere? I'd be on a 50 cc Scooter if I was there!

I would expect people to just not drive much no more. If that happened here, I'd bet people would actually try to find a more fuel efficient method. In the summers, when the prices near $5 a gallon, every dealer nearly sells out of scooters, Hollister Honda sells out every summer when this happens!

Cause what I think whenever the day somes that we's a runnin out of gas, it ain't just gonna be one day all the sudden we's out, its gonna be very gradual, and the prices will go so high don't nobody but the rich can afford to drive. Then everybody gonna get mopeds and they's gonna make fuel efficient cars. But I don't think it ain't gonna happen for a long time. At least 50+ years or more IMO.

But man, I wander why so high there? Probably just the oil companies? I guess they can do it. They can and people will buy if they all do it.

yeah over the last few years there are loads more scoots on the road, its very noticeable. it used to only be 50cc and 125cc scoots on road, ridden by 16 and 17 yo kids with learner plates whilst they didnt have their full bike licence, like we talked about before. but now there are a lot more mature scoot owners on the road, a lot more maxi scoots and a lot more scoots around with no learner plates on them.

its mostly the government tbh

a litre of fuel costs 1.30 - 1.40, without tax it would cost less than 0.50

also the govt actually doing something illegal with fuel taxation. they add a fuel specific tax called "fuel duty" to the price of the fuel. then there is a thing called value added tax (VAT) here its like sales tax, its 20% and is charged on every product sold in the uk. so they add the fuel duty to the cost of the fuel then they charge VAT on the total amount. which is illegal to basically charge tax on tax. they should only be charging VAT on the cost of the product without the fuel duty.

so if actual cost of gas = 0.50 and fuel duty = 0.50 they should only be charging 20% of the cost of the actual gas product 0.50, but they actually charge the VAT at 20% of 1.00 so they are charging extra vat tax based on the fuel duty tax that they have added WTF
Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #34
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde View Post
yeah over the last few years there are loads more scoots on the road, its very noticeable. it used to only be 50cc and 125cc scoots on road, ridden by 16 and 17 yo kids with learner plates whilst they didnt have their full bike licence, like we talked about before. but now there are a lot more mature scoot owners on the road, a lot more maxi scoots and a lot more scoots around with no learner plates on them.

its mostly the government tbh

a litre of fuel costs 1.30 - 1.40, without tax it would cost less than 0.50

also the govt actually doing something illegal with fuel taxation. they add a fuel specific tax called "fuel duty" to the price of the fuel. then there is a thing called value added tax (VAT) here its like sales tax, its 20% and is charged on every product sold in the uk. so they add the fuel duty to the cost of the fuel then they charge VAT on the total amount. which is illegal to basically charge tax on tax. they should only be charging VAT on the cost of the product without the fuel duty.

so if actual cost of gas = 0.50 and fuel duty = 0.50 they should only be charging 20% of the cost of the actual gas product 0.50, but they actually charge the VAT at 20% of 1.00 so they are charging extra vat tax based on the fuel duty tax that they have added WTF

Wow, its just crazy though! Yea I'd expect a jump in scooters when that happens. Now over yonder in Hollister, they sell out of scooters nearly every summer when the gas prices get over $4 a gallon, usually close to $4.50. The types of riders I's seed on scooters, USUALLY older riders. There really are few scooters though. It seems they all pop up in the summer for the most part. Last summer I saw lots of 250 scoots all over town, and many 50s and 150s too.

I think honestly it does pay for it self sooner or later. Well, if you have a big truck at least and get 12 MPG. It'll run $100 or more a tank for 150-300 miles or something. Over there, I'd imagine it'd pay for it self VERY quick with those gas prices.

Here, if the prices go that high I'd expect to see lots of alternatives. Espically long distance commuters. I'd expect more bikes, and many more scooters, and fuel efficient cars. Honestly theres just far tooo many people driving. Population is gonna become a problem. Espically here in Merica, with all these imigration. we have people cross breeding like crazy. Whites are very quickly becoming a minority.

Now, I don't hate other races so much, I just think SO much mixing, immigration, we's gonna have population problems eventually and more. So many people driving. We have very limited fossil fuels left. Espically in CA, we's having energy demand issues. Thays hardly able to fullfill the full load demands in the summers. We have multiple Blackouts round here every summer. Millions of ACs cranking, homes sucking electricity. In the Winter, Furnaces sucking away fossil Fuels in nearly every home. People Commuting 60 miles a day in there 10 MPG Lincon Navigators and Tahoes. And, the population is only rapidly increasing worldwide. Not good. I mean theres just to many people. The chinese becoming richer from the junk they produce, also slowly affording vehicles.

If there was less cars, and more scooters on the roads. It would be much safer, and preserve gas lots longer. So its a good thing. But still, I can not see nearly all of America riding scooters, never.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #35
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

thought id update this post, i basically didnt do any work on the bullets for aaages but i spent a little time in the shed over the weekend and the red bike is now completely broken down into parts. it was the non runner when i bought them, got it for parts and the mag wheels,

next weekend i hope to have the silver one fully stripped as well and start prepping it for paint, then build it back up and get it going. the silver one was a runner when i bought it. going to get it all back together and sort out the registration before i start modding. dont want to drop money on a big bore kit, inlet, carb, exhaust, filter, tyres, etc or start modding the body/frame until the registration is done.

red parts engine above, silver bikes running engine below.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #36
Forde OP
Studly Adventurer

also i scored this workshop manual on ebay which is a cool rare item to have, pretty hard to find