ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #226
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
Woody's Latest Tenere Wheel w/ an A60 rim

From Woody's Tenere Wheels
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #227
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
Talking sweet sweet wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
oh my giddy aunt........you do know how to tempt a man. again you have created beauty. only this time it is mine thanks again i have got my tracking info so its just customs now who will hold up the show
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #228
Wasp
Supa10 pilot
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Western Australia
Oddometer: 1,062
WHere are your wheels...?

They arrived yet cam?

Greg
__________________
The original WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595933
The NEW "Long Term" WaspWorks S10 detail & evolution thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=778809
Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:03 AM   #229
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
Thumb happy me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
They arrived yet cam?

Greg
yep . and she is beautiful. many thanks too your self and woody. gr8 info from your thread. gr8 service from zach and woody. had big blue out for a 230 k run to my local bike shop today with k60 on the rear and dunlop 606 on the front, the bike handled o.k. on the tar......but when we hit the dirt..................holy snapping ass-holes this thing is a 120hp dirt monster that now HANDLES like a dirt bike ....i think a steering dampner may be needed for deep sand/bulldust or that glue they keep out west that they call mud. would be nice to have a rim lock for pure dirt use , to run a lower tyre pressure, but other than that I am in love with the transformation, the boy"s @ the bike shop were mighty impressed with woody's work, and they are a hard mob to impress ( x international road racers....one even won the suzuka 8 hr....once!) ......how's your's going ??
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #230
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
allright camboy,,some more feedback...lower tire pressure etc???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams View Post
yep . and she is beautiful. many thanks too your self and woody. gr8 info from your thread. gr8 service from zach and woody. had big blue out for a 230 k run to my local bike shop today with k60 on the rear and dunlop 606 on the front, the bike handled o.k. on the tar......but when we hit the dirt..................holy snapping ass-holes this thing is a 120hp dirt monster that now HANDLES like a dirt bike ....i think a steering dampner may be needed for deep sand/bulldust or that glue they keep out west that they call mud. would be nice to have a rim lock for pure dirt use , to run a lower tyre pressure, but other than that I am in love with the transformation, the boy"s @ the bike shop were mighty impressed with woody's work, and they are a hard mob to impress ( x international road racers....one even won the suzuka 8 hr....once!) ......how's your's going ??

oh my oh my,,just spent 20 minutes composing an answer and it took off in cyber space,,in the middle of the Mediterranean sea no less...am heading back to munich via venice tomorrow AM

ok the short version this time:

1,,IMHO big bike ,,fast speeds,,low tire presures= dent/dinged rings..ask Mother-Nature or aphysics prof why

2,, low tire pressures + big Horse-Power = spinning tires on rims= ripped out valve stems =

3,,our jimmy Lewis /ADV rider school guru recommends running no lower than 26/28 front/rear for normal riding,,me i just run my street pressures aand learned how to deal with it...RESULT= no dinged rims ,,and i have a big dirterized R1200 GS running 21/18 like you guys...OBTW i run more PSI on the 21 because it is skinnier than the oem 19"

4,,IMHO,,,i am a convert to steering dampeners off road,on the big bikes,,i simply do not have the skill sets of a jimmy lewis...who can do magic on OEM set-ups...WHAT i can assert is that after installing your native mate Steve Red's Rallye Morto set up,,,it transformed my super great handling 21/18 to an even better feeling unit especially in the gravel and especially the sand... a lil pricey but hey 3 differnet riding style options/10 dampening settings and a 3'' bar riser in one unit...WORTH EVERY PENNY,,and i haven't a naysayer who has followed this bit of advice. it takes the white knuckle experience out of riding in mud/gravel/sand

FYI mytest driver blew past of really fast KTM 950 super enduros adventure and misc dirt bikes n this infamus sandwash...caught and blew past em at circa 80-90 mph..tracked straight as an arrow..like riding on a rail..only thing that stopped him from ging faster was that the OEM suspension had his teeth chattering so bad he was afraid of losing his fillings..guess what we are looking at for the next up-grade...

from the middle of the Adriatic sea...

woody
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 06-02-2012 at 10:44 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #231
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
good feedback

hi woody ,
hows the weather there? should be quite beautiful this time of year ... thanks for the feedback .

Quote:
"1,,IMHO big bike ,,fast speeds,,low tire presures= dent/dinged rings..ask Mother-Nature or aphysics prof why"


I totally get the low pressure = dinted rims thing. the pressures I was thinking of going down to are about the same as you have stated. (26, 28 psi respectively) the rim lock idea was more of extra insurance for middle of no were travel you know the type... where vehicular recovery is not an option .and were speeds are lower and lower tyre pressures could be use in short, but extreme conditions.

the steering dampner thought come from a 130 kph weave that i had on sealed surface , but that looks like it maybe more to do with 35 psi in a dunlop 606 knobby. but i can see that it would be a gr8 tool to have in deep sand and the glue/grease type mud that outback Australia can serve up. Again thank you for creating a beautiful piece of motorcycle art/porn. Ill get some pix up today sometime . Cheers cams.

P.S.

Quote:
FYI mytest driver blew past of really fast KTM 950 super enduros adventure and misc dirt bikes n this infamus sandwash...caught and blew past em at circa 80-90 mph..tracked straight as an arrow..like riding on a rail..only thing that stopped him from ging faster was that the OEM suspension had his teeth chattering so bad he was afraid of losing his fillings..guess what we are looking at for the next up-grade...
i replace the rear with ohlins unit . massive improvement. a friend of mine got a unit with ring adjustable pre load . a much better option IMHO. less prone to failure. I have been waiting for some quality fork internal upgrades.So i am keep to see what you come up with keep us posted on your progress there....
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #232
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
weather in the Adriatic region....

[QUOTE=cams;18823323]hi woody ,
hows the weather there? should be quite beautiful this time of year ... thanks for the feedback .


if you all see the shit eating grin on my face in all the pics i took,,,you'll know i died and went to heaven....

all i"ve really been doing is scoping the region out for roads and islands to visit/sail to,,,
just go t into Venice,,what ahoot to be on a mega cruise ship and coasting past St Markus square a few meters away from the gondola filled canals...wish ya 'll were here,,but hey someone has to take care of your 'light work'
G'day mateys

woody
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 06-03-2012 at 02:11 PM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #233
obe01
Wannabe Adventurer
 
obe01's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 1,269
Hey Woody..

Hey there Woody how ya been matey.

Just wondering how old Zach was going with regards to those rims that I was thinking of. I know I have been a pain in the arse but having a colour variation between the front and back has got me a little concerned. Pitty the different alloys have created this problem for us. Is there any way around this that you and old Zach can think of to allow me to stick with the blue excels. I had no probs with going with the standard excel up front instead of the A60 as my big girl is not gunna be doing much dirt. Or do ya think we should put the idea I had to bed and go with something else. Would love your comments mate.

Hey Greg, I heard ya having some problems with yours spinning up easily on the bitumen in 6th with the 18" wheel on the rear or is it just ya wrist matey.....

Look forward to ya comments Woody so I can get me some wheels. Cheers mate,

Johnnie
__________________
SUPER TENERE'
obe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #234
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
hi obe01,,regarding the color difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe01 View Post
Hey there Woody how ya been matey.

Just wondering how old Zach was going with regards to those rims that I was thinking of. I know I have been a pain in the arse but having a colour variation between the front and back has got me a little concerned. Pitty the different alloys have created this problem for us. Is there any way around this that you and old Zach can think of to allow me to stick with the blue excels. I had no probs with going with the standard excel up front instead of the A60 as my big girl is not gunna be doing much dirt. Or do ya think we should put the idea I had to bed and go with something else. Would love your comments mate.

Hey Greg, I heard ya having some problems with yours spinning up easily on the bitumen in 6th with the 18" wheel on the rear or is it just ya wrist matey.....

Look forward to ya comments Woody so I can get me some wheels. Cheers mate,

Johnnie

Johnnie,,,oh lordy,,i thought this was dealt with,,look,,,,IMHO the best solution is to go with the regular double signature excel,,,'tis the A60 that has the tougher alloy...hence different color results

i'll get Zach to get you a 1.85x21 for all around performance,,the narrower 1.6 x 21 if ya maily keep it off road,,,we only use the A60 mostly for hard charging /competition type affiianados...

hav eno idea what you n Zach cooked up..i'll see if we can unravel the mess..it IS DO-ABLE even from half a world away...

hang in there,,it'll be worth the wait at days end

woody
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:42 PM   #235
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
Cool2 here's to woody's wheels..

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

and here folks we finally have some pix of the a60 twin disc, monzter spoke abs/tc compatable 21' wheel front wheel from woody's wheel works.......: 1drink
with perfect fitments ;( thanks in no small part to wasp's detailed instructions). and now sporting a newly modified sump guard from altrider, and a dr650 front guard, rmx 450 fork protectors and finally raiser links from motordworks in Perth W.A.....(p.s. i think the rmx front guard might fit up better than the dr unit. just got to wait for one in black.)
so.......... woody how much for a n 18' a60 rear rim with standard hub and monzter spokes to match the front......
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #236
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
how much for an 18'' with Monzter spokes and oem hub???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams View Post





and here folks we finally have some pix of the a60 twin disc, monzter spoke abs/tc compatable 21' wheel front wheel from woody's wheel works.......: 1drink
with perfect fitments ;( thanks in no small part to wasp's detailed instructions). and now sporting a newly modified sump guard from altrider, and a dr650 front guard, rmx 450 fork protectors and finally raiser links from motordworks in Perth W.A.....(p.s. i think the rmx front guard might fit up better than the dr unit. just got to wait for one in black.)
so.......... woody how much for a n 18' a60 rear rim with standard hub and monzter spokes to match the front......

first off ,,kudos for some fine pics and the your own kudos tfor Wasp-man and my troopies...what's more important is telling us folks whether your investment was worth the money ya spent,,and just what it does now as compared to your oem 19''...

QUALITY7 EXCELLENCE= having something that looks as good as it works AND works as well as it looks:>)

ok..regarding the 18 rear,,good news and bad news,,the 2.5 x18 makes the bike even better in the dirt with no significant on roa ailments..,,yes we can build one for ya BUT not in in an A-60

the max width available is 2.15 and we really need a 2.5x18 which we have in double signature EXCEL,the yellow lettering can be removed with a touch of carb cleaner...
i'll get Zach or chris to chime in ith a quote,,i'm in germany and have no access to the $$prices,,thaqua just had one built like that maybe he can chime in..go out and ride that beauty,,it's looking better all th etime now if it WORKS betta then mo betta

woody
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 AM   #237
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
first off ,,kudos for some fine pics and the your own kudos tfor Wasp-man and my troopies...what's more important is telling us folks whether your investment was worth the money ya spent,,and just what it does now as compared to your oem 19''...

QUALITY7 EXCELLENCE= having something that looks as good as it works AND works as well as it looks:>)

ok..regarding the 18 rear,,good news and bad news,,the 2.5 x18 makes the bike even better in the dirt with no significant on roa ailments..,,yes we can build one for ya BUT not in in an A-60

the max width available is 2.15 and we really need a 2.5x18 which we have in double signature EXCEL,the yellow lettering can be removed with a touch of carb cleaner...
i'll get Zach or chris to chime in ith a quote,,i'm in germany and have no access to the $$prices,,thaqua just had one built like that maybe he can chime in..go out and ride that beauty,,it's looking better all th etime now if it WORKS betta then mo betta

woody
hi woody , and yep i did forget to tell everyone what the old is like to ride knowmy apologies
but first i have just one more question does the double signature EXCEL come in black ?? if not ? what colours are available ? ...........

now down to how this thing goes............. Ive done about 350 ks on this setup (606 dunlop 90/90/21 front and 150 /70/17 k60 hiedenthingo rear ) ladies,,,, we now have serious front grip smooth feel over corrugations, and no more "tuck up the front & drop ya on ya face tip in under brakes on the dirt syndrome).

So dirt wise, the 21 ' front fixes everything you hated about your Tenere 1200 on the dirt, mud or sand.

Now as far as the tar is concerned .....as you can see my super 10 is fitted with a knobby front. this by itself isnt going to feel as nice as any road or dual sports tyre. but havn said that the 21' setup STILL did a pretty good job of not killing me. all i can say is despite a tyre that weaved as high speed , removing corner feel and hummed like a 35000kva transformer, the bike, with this setup ,still felt stable and safe. on knobbies ,on the tar

the grip you get from the front 21'in the dirt, but, makes the rear k60 ( a very good dirt tyre) feel like a slick on marbles. Ive just got hiendenthingo 21" front tyre and I am looking forward to giving it a go.
thanks again woody your sevice is 2nd to none. and i hope this progress report help you and others. cams
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #238
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
yes the rear would be a black excel ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams View Post
hi woody , and yep i did forget to tell everyone what the old is like to ride knowmy apologies
but first i have just one more question does the double signature EXCEL come in black ?? if not ? what colours are available ? ...........

now down to how this thing goes............. Ive done about 350 ks on this setup (606 dunlop 90/90/21 front and 150 /70/17 k60 hiedenthingo rear ) ladies,,,, we now have serious front grip smooth feel over corrugations, and no more "tuck up the front & drop ya on ya face tip in under brakes on the dirt syndrome).

So dirt wise, the 21 ' front fixes everything you hated about your Tenere 1200 on the dirt, mud or sand.

Now as far as the tar is concerned .....as you can see my super 10 is fitted with a knobby front. this by itself isnt going to feel as nice as any road or dual sports tyre. but havn said that the 21' setup STILL did a pretty good job of not killing me. all i can say is despite a tyre that weaved as high speed , removing corner feel and hummed like a 35000kva transformer, the bike, with this setup ,still felt stable and safe. on knobbies ,on the tar

the grip you get from the front 21'in the dirt, but, makes the rear k60 ( a very good dirt tyre) feel like a slick on marbles. Ive just got hiendenthingo 21" front tyre and I am looking forward to giving it a go.
thanks again woody your sevice is 2nd to none. and i hope this progress report help you and others. cams
thanks for the ride report,,with the 18 i'll give ya amoney back gaurantee it will provide a similar enhancement in the dirt,,,

these rims only com in silver ,,then we strip em and reanodize to the color and finish you desire,,satin black adds $75 to the cost gloss black adds a$100 or big bn as we say up yonder

woody

ps sent a message to my troopies..the'll post a price quote shortly
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #239
cams
Gnarly Adventurer
 
cams's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: south east oz
Oddometer: 136
Thumb now thats what I am talkin about !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works View Post
thanks for the ride report,,with the 18 i'll give ya amoney back gaurantee it will provide a similar enhancement in the dirt,,,

these rims only com in silver ,,then we strip em and reanodize to the color and finish you desire,,satin black adds $75 to the cost gloss black adds a$100 or big bn as we say up yonder

woody

ps sent a message to my troopies..the'll post a price quote shortly
thankyou for the guarantee, but I am sure I wont need it. anodized in gloss back sounds nice. I look forward to hearing from your troopers. cheers cams
__________________
to be old & wise ,you must first survive young & stupid.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #240
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,346
Matching Rear 18'' wheel.

Hi, Just got back from a long weekend from the OTL BMW rally and Day in the Dirt at the local mx track.

For a new rear wheel using a 2.5 x 18 black excel superlaced w/ stainless spokes/nipples with a stock hub would be 990 + shipping, if you want to powdercoat the hub to match close with the front it would only be an extra 75 for powdercoating it.

Zach


Quote:
Originally Posted by cams View Post





and here folks we finally have some pix of the a60 twin disc, monzter spoke abs/tc compatable 21' wheel front wheel from woody's wheel works.......: 1drink
with perfect fitments ;( thanks in no small part to wasp's detailed instructions). and now sporting a newly modified sump guard from altrider, and a dr650 front guard, rmx 450 fork protectors and finally raiser links from motordworks in Perth W.A.....(p.s. i think the rmx front guard might fit up better than the dr unit. just got to wait for one in black.)
so.......... woody how much for a n 18' a60 rear rim with standard hub and monzter spokes to match the front......
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014