Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #15226
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomEOD View Post
I don't believe you.

Broadcasting from a Mexican radio.

You shouldn't. The Hellcat is clearly a light.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #15227
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audaciter View Post

As for perks on a medium I always go with sixth sense, but I find myself choosing things that favor mobility. Clutch braking, reduced terrain resistance etc. I enjoy repair as well. I almost never choose things that benefit visual range or the radio, all though I suppose I should. I figure as a medium I need to be able to relocate and fire quickly; I'm not a scout after all.
On my T-54 I have the skills centered around medium play, but I do concede to having binocs on it and camo trained to various degrees amongst all of the crew (they are on their third set of perks).

Simply because a true medium is pretty fast, and because it is sometimes the fastest tank a team has on a particular flank, I have it built most of them to be either a mediums or a passive scout. I wish I got the kind of regularity in battles that I could feel secure in building it one way, but it's just too random between maps, teams and match maker for me.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #15228
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
You shouldn't. The Hellcat is clearly a light.
Hellcat is an OP light that you brawl with from a bush or behind a tog.

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #15229
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
On my T-54 I have the skills centered around medium play, but I do concede to having binocs on it and camo trained to various degrees amongst all of the crew (they are on their third set of perks).

Simply because a true medium is pretty fast, and because it is sometimes the fastest tank a team has on a particular flank, I have it built most of them to be either a mediums or a passive scout. I wish I got the kind of regularity in battles that I could feel secure in building it one way, but it's just too random between maps, teams and match maker for me.

I love me a fast medium (Leo 1 anybody?) but don't really like passive scouting, so camo comes pretty low on the list. I very much prefer to shoot and scoot. That is why I have the "increased accuracy on the move" thingy on my Leo. If I do have any sort of optics on my mediums it is generally the one that improves moving visual range.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #15230
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,649
Rafiki and I had a Tier 10 match this morning.. him in the Object 268 and me in a Leopard 1.
Airfield map, I held the center hill.
I never fired my gun the first half; passive scouting to make sure the team knew where the enemy was (and wasn't).
...when the time was right I changed rolls to sniper to support the far side (which has progressed past me so I had side shots).
...then when the time was right I switched to speed mode to first go back and save our arti and then to go and kill their arti (which tried to jump into the water and I superflied him shooting him while falling onto him )

It is such a fun/versatile tank

For mediums I tend to run vents, rammer, GLD or vert stab.
First perk: BIA
Second perk: offroad driving a priority as I want to be able to pop out and back in.. and either camo or repairs depending on how stealthy the tank is and what role I forsee using most (heavy sport or scouting support).

I've really been enjoying the British mediums and their gun depression (playing ridgelines & such that I can't play with chinese/russian tanks). I hope the Centurion 7/1 will join the garage this week.
The new Jap Tier 10 looks great for the same role (also has 10 degree depression and a bouncier(tm) turret) but I don't want to suffer through 9 tanks to get to it... I've enjoyed every tank in the British line so far (ok.. so the Comet needed an arse load of gold ammo to be fun).

On another note:

I died early in a round and got to watch a WT E100 play (in a location I'd never considered sniping from before).
Check out where he was located... he ended up with 5 kills.

Geek screwed with this post 01-07-2014 at 09:31 AM
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #15231
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,571
I've been seeing TD's go there a lot lately.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #15232
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

On another note:

I died early in a round and got to watch a WT E100 play (in a location I'd never considered sniping from before).
Check out where he was located... he ended up with 5 kills.

I've tried to play there a few times now, and each time I've been arty'd and had to flee. Never spotted either.. seems like a go to blind fire spot for them now on that map ( I do it too).

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #15233
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I've really been enjoying the British mediums and their gun depression (playing ridgelines & such that I can't play with chinese/russian tanks). I hope the Centurion 7/1 will join the garage this week.
I acquired Cent 7/1 sometime around Christmas. The grind from with the 20pdr Type B is gruelling; my damage per game has dropped from ~1600 in the Mk1 to ~1500 in the Mk7/1. Even in good games, it "feels" like I've done a ton of damage when I've actually relatively little.

I've even bought the suspension equipment to get the gun unlocked faster. It is very frustrating.

About that hill position: I've killed a lot of TDs that went up there. It's a risky, borderline stupid position to go to.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #15234
Geek
oot & aboot

Normally in a Tier 7 gold TD you'd never think about going head on with an IS3....

...but when you have a buddy along

I think we shut his brain down.. he never managed to hit either of us before we finished gang raping him

Old 01-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #15235
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post

About that hill position: I've killed a lot of TDs that went up there. It's a risky, borderline stupid position to go to.
I don't know that I agree that it is "borderline stupid".

Sure it is stupid when your team has fallen on one of the three fronts but otherwise you are in a position to support all 3 fronts and the opfor have to deal with the tanks in their face before they ever have a chance to get a spot on you up there (but you have spots from your front line).

The E100 played up there well. Once a side fell he re-positioned appropriately.

That said, if I'm an arti in the north without an active target.. I'd probably throw a shell up there for the helluvit

Time to try it out in a training room.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #15236
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

It's probably just the picture you posted, but it looks like he can't hit the east very well...Isn't he behind the ridgeline?
Old 01-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #15237
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
It's probably just the picture you posted, but it looks like he can't hit the east very well...Isn't he behind the ridgeline?
He moved back and forth on the pad (and dropped to the one below him.. which is where the FV183B started).
He killed guys on all 3 approaching fronts (including a fellow WTE100 at the end).

that said.. we lost.

Going to check it out in a training room as soon as Rafiki and I stop giggling our butts off in Pz1c's
Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #15238
Geek
oot & aboot

Worth checking out. Rafiki found a hull down spot up there with his Stug that he likes.

Here's some random screen shots looking various directions from up there.

The pad:

looking center

looking left

looking right (yes I nuked the crusader on my team )

Old 01-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #15239
Audaciter
Beastly Adventurer

oh yea, the little ridge there isn't so big as I thought.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #15240
Geek
oot & aboot

That's funny because it is bigger than I thought

In reality you wouldn't be supporting east or west until they are starting to fall...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: