Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 387 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #2086
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Part of playing the "Tank Game" is knowing how to avoid artillery fire.

Plenty of maneuvers in addition to natural/buildings to provide ample coverage from artillery. If you will not learn about them, then you will not get better at it.

You should quit playing if you expect "World of Tanks" to exclude artillery units, that way we can all be spare of your whining.
Not whining, just comments. I think I am not too bad at it, I think I am a middle of the road player, I do ok....I guess we look at the game different, I like the fights between two (or more) tanks, ducking in and out of cover, trying to hold out till your team mate gets there to assist, or rushing to assist a team mate, that tactical dance....for me those are the best games, you against your foe, even if unspotted....where is he, behind this rock...that house...more then once I have just put rounds into an area not knowing he was actually there and have him move and spot. I don't enjoy the conflict between two players runing from cover to cover, trying to get the best shot in then to have arty take your foe out. (or you)...it cheapens the game....all the work, all the time spent gone.

I also don't think I have ever said to exclude arty units, just adjust them to be not quite so pin point deadly....they can put a round on to the target tank better then the best tanks from farther away. I think the best thing would be to obscure the actual target tank, then increase the "splash" damage, That would still do damage to the enemy tank but the chance of putting a round down the hatch with predator laser guided accuracy would be a little less. I don't expect them to exclude them, however I would not be shocked to see them adjusted at some point.

Perhaps I have just read Rommel's book and know that a tank should only move to get a better firing position, not to hide from arty.....and thats because the chance of arty droping a round on a tank via indirect fire is so small you would win the lotto first......but it is only a game and that has nothing to do with the time this game is set in.

Who knows perhaps they will change it, the game is only just a year or so old...they fix this they make that worse....in the end it may be a winner, but it does have a little way to go IMHO....they already did a great fix to MM....much better....and because people bitched up a storm, I think the only ones that support arty as it currently sits are the ones that play it when they get tired of being owned in the tanks they drive....they by their own words have made comments to this effect...what does that tell ya.

Oh well....if it rubs you the wrong way that is fine...and if you think I am a cry baby that is fine too....I will just keep doing what I do and as soon as I don't have fun with the game anymore I will quit, that is the way it works.

Wonder if they will have AAA in world of warplanes....be about the same.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #2087
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,214
Arty Party Special:

50% discount on the following Premium tank:

• 105 leFH18B2
Credit income bonus: 2x

• SU-14
  • GW Panter
Crew Experience Gain for all tanks: 3x

Discount on Garage Slots: 50%
Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #2088
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,378
In the next World of Tanks update the camouflage system will be reworked.
Players will receive the possibility to purchase 3 types of camouflage which will coincide with 3 types of maps – ‘Summer’, ‘Winter’ and ‘Sand’.

The ‘Summer’ pattern will be displayed only on summer maps, like Prohorovka, while the ‘Winter’ pattern will camouflage tanks only on ‘Winter’ maps.
The ‘Sand’ camouflage will color the vehicle in a similar way on the more sandy maps like El Halluf.

Camouflage will adapt to the landscape automatically if the appropriate pattern is purchased for the vehicle.
The camouflage menu will be changed (seeing this is only a draft, we were unable to create an English version): http://j.mp/QJw72W

Old 08-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #2089
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,037
WOOT.. i like the new camo system....

and how do you view your replays?

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #2090
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
WOOT.. i like the new camo system....

and how do you view your replays?
That's neat and all, but it requires $cash.

So I started playing again after not playing for a few weeks. Holy crap I suck now... I have a Tiger2 that is quite the money loser. I enjoy the IS still, but haven't won a match yet.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #2091
Cat0020
El cheapo

It would be neat if the permanent camo paint serves the same function as the camo net, free up an equipment slot for gun rammer or vert. stab., that'll be worth the gold.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #2092
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
You are right, I have not learned that this is an arty game with tanks in it....I keep thinking it is a tank vs. tank....or TD game. Arty that hides in the back and leaves the game with 8+ kills spread across 3 arty units is something of a problem. They are the finger of god....I liken it to squashing ants....and it requires about the the same amount of skill.

and you are right I will not learn....I will quit the game before I learn, and I think that unless that is corrected it will be the downfall of the game.

I actually bought a wespe....it is so fucking easy it is not even funny..it is a total bore, how people can play it is past me...no challange at all...shoot wait, shoot again, wait for another player to light up a target shoot wait...that is it, no stragety on your part, that is all put in front of you by the tanks that are out there playing, working for the win.....if you play the game at all you know where people gather...on the assault matches it is even more easy....like the above poster said, I picked a bush and one shotted him....lots of skill required there.....I think that is why I just can't play arty....it requires ZERO skill to play halfway well....but it is fun to listen to them bitch when you sneek in with a elc and blow them to shit.
arty is a chess game, it ain't easy to do
but its fun blowing up big tier tanks
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #2093
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
It would be neat if the permanent camo paint serves the same function as the camo net, free up an equipment slot for gun rammer or vert. stab., that'll be worth the gold.
I agree I would spend the gold for that....I would also like to see the net being shown in game, that would be pretty cool.

Told that the 3x is for every battle this weekend....can anyone confirm that...if so I will be a long way on the american and soviet line to where I want to be....just have to decide where I want to go....KV13 to the JS line or on down the med. line to the T54....the american side is easy I want to move up to the patton.

If you have not done it yet put the speed loader and the gun stable on the elc.....much better. From time to time I put the fast gas in it, but don't think it is really that helpful.

Not going to comment on arty anymore.....I think it may get this tread moved to the political side of this forum
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #2094
Cat0020
El cheapo

No x3 yet, but my 1st battle in Type 62 isn't too bad:

Accuracy of the gun is great, 13 shots fired, 9 hits at about 3-400m away while on the move.
I was taking shots at Leopard, Type 62, T32... killed 2 other Type 62 & a M4 Sherman that came at me.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #2095
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

The 3x is for crew experience earnings only, not on the tanks.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #2096
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

I do believe I'm going to like my Type 59....

First battle score:
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #2097
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
you must be hacking.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #2098
Cat0020
El cheapo

Talk about Arty party:

Of course, my team won the battle, i managed to bag myself a Batchat 155.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 08-10-2012 at 12:30 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #2099
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
you must be hacking.
Yep, that's me....3x credits from now on.....
Old 08-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #2100
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
I'm pulling an RL friend into the clan if I can... Having him sign up for the forums right now. He's the one that brought me into WoT in the beginning. :P So I thought I'd at least see if y'all would let me do it...
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: