Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 446 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 04:14 AM   #2116
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Ahh...finally got the ELC AMX...cant wait to put a bigger gun on it.
Bigger gun is much better, after that I put the rammer, and gun laying drive...or whatever they call it on it and it really helps.

If I would play the thing right I could make good money with it, but I keep getting myself killed being stupid....it is just so much fun being stupid in that tank. Last night had a pretty good game in the little thing, spotted darn near the entire team, got about 6 hits...still died and walked away with a net of almost 20k...and that is being stupid...I can imagine if I actually tried. I have a feeling a earning nerf is coming to an elc near you soon....I am making so much money with the thing. Thing is it is just so hard to play the thing right....it is like handing me the keys to a ferrari and then telling me that there is no traffic and no cops for the next 100 miles.....yea sure I will do the speed limit.

I have the same feeling about the KV-13 as you guys do with the 150....I just can't do well with it.....I do admit I am using it for a bridge to the JS line, and it is so much cheaper way up the soviet med line then going the T34-85 route....but dang I just can't do well with that. I love the 34-85, but the kv13 just does not have the punch to take on the foes it is matched with....no matter the gun. I may spend the free XP to move past and onto the JS line, and then work the exp up with the 34-85, but the next tank up is like 65k exp from the 34-85 and only 25 from the 13....but those 25 are going to have me tossing my pc out the window.

Any tips on playing the KV-13?
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #2117
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,924
I kept getting booted from the server last night. Sure does kill xp and credits when that happened. Had a cool game with the Stug with 9 kills in Murkonova. I just hid back and waited for them to come one by one to try to cap. Top tank was a tier 5. I almost died when the enemy stug showed, we got into a slugging match, lost my engine and driver But! I had the rammer 2k xp and 21k credits.

Kind of bummed that my clown paint isn't on 7.5 patch tanks, that was helping me a lot. I had 2 weeks off and it feels like I'm re-learning how to play.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #2118
papalobster
With Gusto!

Any update on this code? What's it good for?

I just went back to read the last few pages to see what I missed. I sent 3 shots into the hull of a Type 59 with my 90mm M26 all 3 bounced. I might have to get one myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Tankers!

We here at World of Tanks thought that there weren't enough holidays, so we've decided to create our own! Tanks Day starts on August 9th at 17:00 PDT (00:00 August 10 UTC) and the celebration will last through August 22 at 16:59 PDT (23:59 UTC).

*Enter the following promo code to unlock your gift package:

HAPPYTANKSDAY

Bastards changed the code..
Now it sais: Code will be posted here on August 9th at 17:00 PDT (00:00 August 10 UTC)
WAIT FOR Weekend specials to come out before using the code anyway.

Upcoming giftshop items, Type 59 back for sale:

World of Tanks is happy to offer up a new round of gift packages for the next week.

Starting, August 9, 2012 at 23:00 PDT (06:00 August 10th UTC) and lasting until 04:00 PDT on August 17, 2012 the following gift packages will be available.

Type 59 Package "Tank & Garage Slot" for USD 34.69
Type 59
Garage Slot

T-127 Package "Tank, Garage Slot, Consumables" for USD 6.39
T-127
Garage Slot
Large Repair Kits: x2
Automatic Fire Extinguishers: x3

Type 62 Package "Tank & Garage Slot" for USD 22.59
Type 62
Garage Slot

PzKpfw B2 740 (f) Package "Tank & Garage Slot" for USD 8.29
PzKpfw B2 740 (f)
Garage Slot

I like the T-127 deal..
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #2119
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I kept getting booted from the server last night. Sure does kill xp and credits when that happened. Had a cool game with the Stug with 9 kills in Murkonova. I just hid back and waited for them to come one by one to try to cap. Top tank was a tier 5. I almost died when the enemy stug showed, we got into a slugging match, lost my engine and driver But! I had the rammer 2k xp and 21k credits.

Kind of bummed that my clown paint isn't on 7.5 patch tanks, that was helping me a lot. I had 2 weeks off and it feels like I'm re-learning how to play.
Sometimes I have gotten lucky in restarting the client quickly....if you are lucky you will still be alive and it will drop you right back into the game...other times you are just dead.

I use to do this a lot after having the red screen problems.....for me those problems went away when the dragon ridge map went away....there had to be a memory leak there or something.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #2120
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,299
If the game client crashes on load in, you have 2 minutes to get the game restarted. On restart, it will reconnect you with the battle.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #2121
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,414
Quote:
Any update on this code? What's it good for?
Code: HAPPYTANKSDAY

Good until August 22 at 16:59 PDT (23:59 UTC).

The Tanks Day promo code nets you the following:
1 Day of Premium Account
Extra Combat Rations: x5
Case of Cola: x5
Chocolate: x5
Improved Combat Rations: x5
Strong Coffee: x5
Old 08-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #2122
papalobster
With Gusto!

Usually I log right back in, but I tend to be dead anyway

Is the code working? There is discussion onthe innerwebs that it isn't.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #2123
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,997
Quote:
Usually I log right back in, but I tend to be dead anyway

Is the code working? There is discussion onthe innerwebs that it isn't.
All I can say is that I did get 24 hours of premium for it, I didn't check on the extra stuff like coffee.

Not really worth it, though, as apparently the special has attracted the mouth-breathers and droolers back into the game... man have I seen some dumb players on my teams. I eventually just quit playing as it was all too obvious.
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #2124
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Not really worth it, though, as apparently the special has attracted the mouth-breathers and droolers back into the game... man have I seen some dumb players on my teams. I eventually just quit playing as it was all too obvious.
I know what u mean, two TKs (team kills) within the first minute of battle start.. but doesn't stop me from gettting more EXP in my grinder:

Old 08-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #2125
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
I know what u mean, two TKs (team kills) within the first minute of battle start.. but doesn't stop me from gettting more EXP in my grinder:

I was in the same boat - I just took an honest nine or ten painful hits from my team's SU-100 as he stayed back and followed me around the map shooting me.

I finally had to take him out near their base to have any chance of winning it for our team. All said and done he had probably 13 shots into me after our final battle before I could move in to cap their base.

16 shots, ten hit the intended target, four more hit our SU-100 to allow me to move in to cap.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #2126
Cat0020
El cheapo

What's the mod that give you estimate winning outcome of the battles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #2127
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,792
Quote:
What's the mod that give you estimate winning outcome of the battles?
XVM
http://code.google.com/p/wot-xvm/downloads/list
you want the XVM Full 2.5.1

With the full version, you stare WoT with their proxy and it gives you player stats and Win %. Take the info with a grain of salt though I've been in battles where we won by a lot and supposedly only had a 30% chance. They can't account for stupid.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #2128
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
XVM
http://code.google.com/p/wot-xvm/downloads/list
you want the XVM Full 2.5.1

With the full version, you stare WoT with their proxy and it gives you player stats and Win %. Take the info with a grain of salt though I've been in battles where we won by a lot and supposedly only had a 30% chance. They can't account for stupid.
Thanks for answering that, Skid.

Cat, and to whomever else is reading this, let me just say this about it - while the choices of displaying either the overall individual win-percentages, or win-percentages-in-the-tank-each-is-in-for-your-battle are both somewhat to pretty useful (it's your choice on what to display), the most useless stat is that overall chance to win calculation.

Hell, all day today I've been winning battles that had my team at a 5% to 25% chance of winning. I was really thinking about taking a screen shot of that 5% one that we won, but since I really don't pay attention to it, and had no way of guessing this subject would even come up, I didn't.

I suggest using XVM just to both figure out who you trust to cover a side, who you trust to work with, and who on the other team needs taken out early. Beyond that, that chance-to-win percentage is absolutely garbage.

-------------

Cat, is was great platooning up with ya today. He's a killer, guys. He made the winning defending shot in this battle despite being outnumbered - whew was it a close game! We're probably talking about the opposing team winning it in two seconds' more time had he not hit them. What was even crazier was that our GW Panther didn't move nor shoot all game, and that AMX 13 75 just hid in the south and did nothing to help once he made it down there. It was basically Cat, alone, against the enemy.

I think Cat and I won something like six, lost only one.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 09:17 PM
Old 08-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #2129
Cat0020
El cheapo

It was an epic win, Just got lucky once in blue moon.. I really let my win/loss ratio fell through the floor grinding up the French arty line.. from 52% to 44% in the 3 weeks.
Hopefully, once I get the Bat Chat 155 up and running with all its modules and my multi-perk crew... oh.. it's so close,...

I'm thinking that given the winning odds of an upcoming battle could be depressing at times.. but it must be great feeling when you overcome the odds.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 08-14-2012 at 09:35 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #2130
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Well, like I wrote... I honestly don't even see the odds-numbers before games. I'm too busy thinking about the map, possible routes, analyzing my team and the opponents (counting arty, counting faster mediums, plus other things), and trying to predict a way to surprise the opposing team without leading my team to ruin. I'd say that I only actually see the odds numbers at the end of a battle once every four or five games because they didn't used to be there. They used to be only on the beginning page before the battle, and I surely didn't need them then... so I end up surprised that they're on the end-of-battle pages when I do notice them now. If it's possible that the odds are wrong 60% to 70% of the time, I'd believe it because that's what it seems like I've seen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: