User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 332 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #2131
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,643
I like the Stug III, especially when played correctly. I checked my stats for it last night and was surprised by all the medals and awards, 58% win ratio and only 43 games in it.

I got a 68% win in the SU-26 That little guy is too much fun to play to call it a grind!

I'm back to catching a couple games here and there instead of plopping in front of the PC for hours at a time.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #2132
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
I'm thinking that given the winning odds of an upcoming battle could be depressing at times.. but it must be great feeling when you overcome the odds.
If you platoon with me, I won't tell you the odds until the end, or everyone in the platoon is dead.
They could randomly throw up odds, and get it right more often.
I do the same thing as Dave. Look for who needs to be killed fast, and identify crappy players that are likely to do stupid stuff.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #2133
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
and identify crappy players that are likely to do stupid stuff.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #2134
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,474

I took this one for you guys a few hours ago when I saw it at the end of the battle & remembered the posts about the odds XVM gives from yesterday:

Edit: better yet, how about one I just fought without a platoon?

I'm telling you guys, something about the calculation is way, way off... never, ever feel bad about your chances due to stuff like this. It's all really just extra info that in other areas of life I have learned I was happier without.

As of this battle I'm starting to wonder about the lack of power and accuracy of the M26's gun. There was a distant KV-1S (I think it was) who I hit six times and I see it never damaged him. Missed a few more times with chancy shots, but some were just outright inexcusable misses from a stable sniping position I had.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 05:09 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2135
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,791
gwpanther in the garage
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #2136
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
gwpanther in the garage
excellent
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #2137
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,791
fps back up
i'll platoon but no voice
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #2138
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post

As of this battle I'm starting to wonder about the lack of power and accuracy of the M26's gun. There was a distant KV-1S (I think it was) who I hit six times and I see it never damaged him. Missed a few more times with chancy shots, but some were just outright inexcusable misses from a stable sniping position I had.
I have been wondering about that myself the whole time. Towards the end of WW2 in the ETO the Pershing could penetrate a Tiger and Panthers frontal armor at 2500 yards and at Elsdorf penetrated the mantlet of a Tiger at 900.

I have bounces and non-pens on the 90 all the time, even with careful aiming. I had to take on an E100 and Jagdtiger with it last night as the ENTIRE team went opposite on attack during a defend mission.

Since 7.5 it seems to have a better loss/win ratio on credit making. It still rarely makes money, but at least now it doesn't lose as much. I'll most likely spring for the Patton as soon as my XP is up enough.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #2139
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
fps back up
i'll platoon but no voice
They have headsets at Best Buy for $10 or so
Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #2140
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I have been wondering about that myself the whole time. Towards the end of WW2 in the ETO the Pershing could penetrate a Tiger and Panthers frontal armor at 2500 yards and at Elsdorf penetrated the mantlet of a Tiger at 900.

I have bounces and non-pens on the 90 all the time, even with careful aiming. I had to take on an E100 and Jagdtiger with it last night as the ENTIRE team went opposite on attack during a defend mission.

Since 7.5 it seems to have a better loss/win ratio on credit making. It still rarely makes money, but at least now it doesn't lose as much. I'll most likely spring for the Patton as soon as my XP is up enough.
Save up the your free XP before you go for the Patton. You will need upgraded susp to put anything on, and you will need the good 105mm to do any real damage. You're stuck with that useless(against tier 9-10) 90 otherwise.
I didn't and had to suffer through a good 60+ battles before I could upgrade.
My Win % in that tank is only 40% because of it. With the 105, I'm closer to my normal 50%. I doubt I'll ever recover form that first streak of losses.
Being a tier 9, it is always in the top half of the stack(usually top 1/3) so the team needs you to do at least a little dmg in order to win.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #2141
papalobster
With Gusto!

Yeah, I was going to wait until I had enough xp for all the upgrades and transfer my Pershing crew. I'll probably get a little gold to train to 100%, at least the commander and loader.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #2142
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,093
TBH, the Patton is tolerable once you have the tracks upgraded.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #2143
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I'm back to catching a couple games here and there instead of plopping in front of the PC for hours at a time.
This is where I am as well....I think this week I have played about 4 matches total. I just got the T20 and have not played it very much at all. I have a bad habit of leaving the game running...you guys send me invites that I see 2hrs later...sorry about that.

I will try to sign out when I am not going to be around.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #2144
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
This is where I am as well....I think this week I have played about 4 matches total. I just got the T20 and have not played it very much at all. I have a bad habit of leaving the game running...you guys send me invites that I see 2hrs later...sorry about that.

I'm not sure it bothers anyone. I think we all know we're not kids here, and we all have other things to do in between our 15-minute battles some, or most, days.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #2145
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post

No big deal. If you don't respond to my platoon invite I assume you don't like me and put you on my "Ok to TK list".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: