User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 66 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #2146
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,025
I rarely run into anyone in the random battles. I think th elast was cat and he was in arty and I foolishly used my Church and followed a KV'1 in a thrust up the east side. Of course, it was just us 2 against the entire enemy medium line.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #2147
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
gwpanther in the garage
new tanks suck

my pziv is like a credit machine
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #2148
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
new tanks suck

my pziv is like a credit machine
If you're referring to the GW Panther sucking for credits, I'd agree. It used to be fine, but I'm about damned sure they've nerfed the credit earning of it twice in the time I've had it.

I pulled mine out a few nights ago just to run it, did very well with it on a win, and was pretty surprised at how low of income I made.

At some point that tier and higher arty may really only be for people who are asked to play it by their clan or team. Despite being a big help and enjoyable, if the nerf the credit earning just a little more it would be a pay-silver-to-play situation that would turn many users totally off. Heck, I imagine that if I did that well, some guys who aren't so hot with them have already stopped playing arty.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #2149
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 287
Easy 8's and VK's this weekend!

"
Tankers!
This weekend we're celebrating a few of our Medium tanks and offering up a 3x experience bonus for everyone to enjoy! Also, in case you're interested in re-upping your Premium Account, there is a 10% discount running for the next few days on both the six month and 1 year option.
Starting at 04:30 PDT (11:30 UTC) on August 17, 2012 and lasting until 04:00 PDT on August 20, 2012 (11:00 UTC) the following bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.
50% discount on the following Premium tank:

• T-25
Credit income bonus: x2

• VK 3001 (H)
  • M4A3E8 Sherman
Experience bonus for first victory: x3

Discount on Premium Account:

• 1 year - 21,600
  • 6 months - 12,150
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #2150
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,023
I guess this will be a good final weekend for my E8.....with all the nerfs it's gotten in the credit department, it's time for it to go away in favor of a T20.....
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #2151
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,824
My prem. ran out early this week....with how little I have been playing lately I was wondering if I should re-up. 10% off I may just do that and it will cover me into the winter.

Don't own an E8....don't need to now that the E2 can get me to where I want to go....and I love the E2.

Going to have to think on this a bit.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #2152
papalobster
With Gusto!

I noticed that with the Priest, my earnings have been steadily dwindling. XP sucks balls on arty. I make more onthe SU 26 at T3 than I do on the M12 at T6!

Looks like it's gonna be an E8 weekend. I still haven't used the happytankday code.

I have an open slot yet, but everytime I look at a tank to buy, I can't decide on what I want to do. I keep waiting for the Matilda Black Prince to show as I see the regular Matildas doing pretty good.

The Type 59 keeps calling me, but $35? It's like buying a whole seperate video game
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #2153
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Too late for you to get the Type anyway.....it went off sale this morning.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #2154
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Too late for you to get the Type anyway.....it went off sale this morning.
Glad I resisted
Old 08-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #2155
GlassAnkles
Chip to Queso Ratio

Oddometer: 1,332
i tried this but my computer is to slow to run this.......suck it
GlassAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #2156
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassAnkles View Post
i tried this but my computer is to slow to run this.......suck it
My computer is an old dual-core Athlon (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz), and seemed to start really having troubles after a patch a year ago or so. I put in a budget, but good, video card and that solved all my issues.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 09:16 AM
Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #2157
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Yep, this game is video heavy. On today's market, $150 or so will get you acceptable performance out of a desktop....$250 will max the game if the rest of the computer is up to it.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #2158
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I spent just under $80 on my video card last year (from NewEgg), and it's as good as this game seems to be. The one I got was http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161315

I'd expect a $150 card to be able to run any game on the market (which mine can't seem to do). I'd expect any of the dual-slot $50 to $75 cards with fans from this search to do this game fine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...50%20-%20%2475

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 09:16 AM
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #2159
papalobster
With Gusto!

I got this one with similar specs to Dave's PC. ClickyI get anywhere from 10-22 fps. I wanted one without a fan to keep noise down. Sure would like to double the fps speed, but I'm too much of a dumbass to figure out how. My ping has been running high too.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #2160
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

I loved the world of computers that didn't used to have fans (like my first, a 166 MHz computer, had no fans but a honkin' huge tower, lol) or much noise, but years ago I bought a new tower to make a computer out of, and it came with only tiny exhaust fan areas on the back (larger ones on the sides and front). I can't get away from the extra noise now with any type of small (60mm?) exhaust fans that would properly exhaust this system, so I felt like a card with a large fan system wouldn't be any more of an issue for my system, and it really isn't.

After commuting 20,000 miles on a bike with a helmet that didn't block wind noise, and ear plugs that, for months, really weren't up to the task of blocking wind noise ("Hearos" brand... really soft I guess for people to sleep with them in, but not enough to truly block out the noise I needed them to block despite them seeming like they were working), I barely hear the computer fans as extra noise any more.

---

Speaking of fans, this was an inspiration to shut my system down just now and try to clean it out. A can of "Dust Off" spray air, all through the system, didn't seem to do much of anything, so I took Q-tips, wet the heads with a cleaner, and cleaned the fan surfaces of my chip and case fans - and that worked much better.

Always good to get those clean once in a while. (I may be on a summer fan-kick though - I took apart both house-fans we use here to clean their blades and the motor-area on the one I could get into easily... both are more efficient, and somewhat faster now) .

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-17-2012 at 10:35 AM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: