User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 427 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #2176
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,281
Some people just need to get a clue....this guy needs to be first in line. 15K battles, 43% win rate....and he threatens to report my entire team for hacking when his Type 59 gets spotted and summarily executed by 5 heavies during a defensive mission (for us) on Campinovka.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #2177
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,089
Its just a game.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #2178
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Egggggsacktly!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #2179
timk519
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,356
Thanks for the training round tonight guys.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #2180
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I was thinking about how much FPGT72 would have liked that battle, lol. I was thinking he would have ended up in a mental institution had he been there

You know it's gonna be an interesting and fun round with ten major arty per side
I felt a twitch.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #2181
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
I wrote it before, but only one ever took me up on it until last night - I'm just about always ready to help, or learn, in a training room. That's the place to hone the base of skills needed to fight at tier 7's and 8's, not out in the battlefield if one can avoid it.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 11:20 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #2182
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,881
I picked up the 3001p this weekend. Spent most of my Patton silver and free xp to upgrade everything, added vents and a rammer and 100% the loader and commander, 75% on the other crew members. I still need to get the biggest engine.

I spent a little gold to get the 88 researched.

I didn't play it much as the E8 was really paying good with the weekend special coupled with the 1 day premium account.

The few games I did play showed it to be a speedy tank with plenty of punch but can't take much of a hit. Doesn't snipe as well as the long 75.

Again, I might be logged in but only get to play a game er 2 here and there. So if I don't accept a platoon request, that's why.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #2183
frecks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk519 View Post
Yes, thanks. There was a good bit of useful info in there for me. Now I just have to remember all of it.
frecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #2184
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,153
Me and Stand had a IS in a battle telling the sniper tanks to get off teh hill that we could defend from up there. after he pinged teh map and ranted in chat enough I told him to lay off or I was going to put a round in his ass. again he ranted so i put a 75 in the back of his tank and then blew his cover up. at that point the whole team told him to shut the hell up. guess who died first for going to far out infront.

Stupid people.

oh and I had 3 kills from off the hill before he died.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:24 PM   #2185
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,089
The damage model seems to be screwy. I've hit tanks, caused damage, see the white flash, games says something about damage...
but nothing shows in the end of games stats...
Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #2186
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

If you get a hit that only does module damage, you don't get credit in the stats......
Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #2187
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,421
I got to play longer last night then I have in quite a while....but that was only about an hour. There was a great deal of talk about opting out of the different game modes. Truth be known there is only one map that I think is un win-able unless the assaulting team works as a team....and we all know how often that happens. I suck with map names but it is the one where the defending teams base is right on the other side of the RR tracks in the small town.

Looking for tips on both the T20 and the KV-13, I just can't play those tanks well. Both have the best gun but seem to be under gunned in the battles I am in. It is going to be a very long road to the next tank....they don't snipe well, they don't do nose to nose well....I don't like doing arty defence in tanks...perhaps this is where these two should be....don't know....any tips?
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #2188
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I got to play longer last night then I have in quite a while....but that was only about an hour. There was a great deal of talk about opting out of the different game modes. Truth be known there is only one map that I think is un win-able unless the assaulting team works as a team....and we all know how often that happens. I suck with map names but it is the one where the defending teams base is right on the other side of the RR tracks in the small town.

Looking for tips on both the T20 and the KV-13, I just can't play those tanks well. Both have the best gun but seem to be under gunned in the battles I am in. It is going to be a very long road to the next tank....they don't snipe well, they don't do nose to nose well....I don't like doing arty defence in tanks...perhaps this is where these two should be....don't know....any tips?
I had that map last night in my M26. I was going to cover the south crossing by sniping from the hill, I got yelled at by the Professional T9 players that you can't win by sniping, get off the damn hill. Well the other team had good tactics and they came across mid game in 2 groups north and south while my team was running all over the map. We lost.

I never got the hang of the T20 even with everything and a 100% crew. I guess you're supposed to use it like a strong scout, using it's speed and maneuverability to full advantage. All I did was collect enemy shells and die a fiery death.

I jumped in my M12 to play a couple arty rounds last night, haven't played it in a while. I got Himmlesdorf that's when I quit.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #2189
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,409

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #2190
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post

That video was funny - Thanks for the vid

--------------

I'm up for some more training this evening for our new-to-tier-8 guys. I can bring my other account's larger tanks and let you shoot them all you want to learn angle and your tanks' ability to penetrate. We're talking about the IS-4, IS-8, and M-103.

Later, if anyone wants to, we can go one on one in similar sized tanks (tier 8). I'd like to get some of the newer-to-tier-8's a good amount of practice. This isn't an ego thing, I'll let you kill me all you want to until you say you're ready to step it up to actual battle-like conditions. Yes, it costs you ammo, but that is a fair price to pay for not costing ya wins in real battles. The KV-5 was fun, and yes you guys have to face it at tier-8, but maybe it's time we do one-on-ones with less strong tanks for the next training? For these I can bring the IS-3, Pershing M26, or the T34.

Let me know, here, if you want to meet for training this evening, or some other.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: