User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 333 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #2206
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,643
I bounced 3 (3!!) shots off a T 50-2 last night with my M26. How in the feck does that happen? I was guarding the arty in a Tier 10 match, shot that little fecker twice on the way in, he stopped to take out the SU14, I aimed, fired, bounced at less than 100 meters! Both of us sitting still into the back of his turret. That pissed me off.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #2207
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,151
[Russian voice]

Is Russian tank...is Russian programmers. Drink more vodka, you no care.

[/Russian voice]
Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #2208
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,643
I'll take a weekend off of WoT and dodge trees up by Atlanta MI instead

The 3001P did pretty good last night. The 88 really makes a difference. The 75 didn't snipe as well as it does in the Stug or PzIV. I even made enough to upgrade all components. Wish I could weld some addional tracks on to the hull though.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #2209
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,344
Cool2

I'm heading off to Orlando tomorrow, Star Wars Celebration here I come.
Hopefully, this weekend's special is not skills/perks or crew traning reset at 1/2 price.

Got Tank Expert USSR for all models of Russian tank tree destroyed, I think I got the counter arty thing down:

Cat0020 screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 08:20 AM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #2210
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 749
I dont know why, but for some reason im just sooooo sick of the team dynamics in this game. Time for an extended break.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #2211
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,616
Got another complaint about clan behavior this morning, apparently someone thinks Que_Pasa was "being a dick" in his batchat, blocking the road. But the complainer says he doesn't use in-game chat, and didn't say anything during the battle. Nor did he shoot our man.

Sounds like a self inflicted problem to me.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #2212
Cat0020
El cheapo

That's me, Que_Pasa.
I can't recall a battle that I was intentionally block any roads, but if my BatChat was in "bird's eye' mode aiming for enemy tanks, I can't really tell where I'm going in my BatChat, only general direction.

With over a minute re-load time on the Bat Chat, I move around quite a bit in the "bird's eye" mode.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #2213
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,475
Boy, if you're getting complaints about being a Dick, then you must be getting some from the guys I've questioned in games over the last few days.

I don't initially question, but just complain if I didn't get support when it was apparent that one tank (me) can't win the game nor handle hoards of enemies alone to hold a flank, but then inevitably someone tries to turn the argument around, and thus I respond as to why they're wrong, and then it degrades from there.

I actually agreed to 'stfu' on the condition that the harasser thank me for all the scouting and killing I did in a tier 5 when it was a tier-5 as top-tier and the scouts and faster attack tanks stayed behind me and didn't use their guns (I'll never understand why they weren't even trying to shoot enemies who were focused on me). Someone wrote that I had a good point, and I was then thanked, so I shut up.

I don't give a crap about being civil to people with varying degrees of deficiencies in a game that's free to play for all of us. I was never, ever like this when I played Eve Online, but then that game just about required brain cells to understand how to play it.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #2214
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,349
Ah teams suck these days. Matches are all one sided, mostly theirs. The M26 certainly makes me wonder why I have it at times (can't pen shit) and then the next game it is brilliant and I look like a stud.
I am having trouble keeping enough credits to fix my hardware in free mode. My losing teams mean I don't make squat and I'm not going to save my tank by hiding. I'm more of a "blaze of glory idiot".
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #2215
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
Ah teams suck these days. Matches are all one sided, mostly theirs. The M26 certainly makes me wonder why I have it at times (can't pen shit) and then the next game it is brilliant and I look like a stud.
+1

Something happened as of late that the starting-up of elementary and high schools didn't fix (yet?) for daytime play. I'm waiting to see if it improves.

And the M26 is weak... granted, it's a medium, as is the M48, but I'm just not seeing the point of the class anymore since I can kill M48's so easily with a tier-9 heavy, and can kill Pattons with my KV-5.

I wish they'd make dedicated slots to be filled on each team (that could change by battle) so if one team has a tier-8 or tier-9 medium, then the other does as well. This would make it all more fair IMHO. Throwing two tier-9 mediums at a team's top-tanks while the other team has two tier-9 heavies just doesn't seem fair.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #2216
Cat0020
El cheapo

Matchmaker does what it does.. I've participated enough to know not to play certain tier tank battles during certain time period of the day.

Now that my premium account is due to expire in 24 hours and I'm through with my tier 8 arty grind; selected battle participation for higher tier to limit credit spending with higher tier battle, more battles with my tier 4 arty/ tier 5 mid premium tanks to increase credit income.

Cat0020 screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 04:19 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #2217
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,181
Are you going to renew?....I have not on mine yet, and am not sure if I will.

I KNOW they are changing stuff behind the scenes, the little tier 3 prem french TD has lost a lot in the past few days....I bounce everything and was one shotted by something that should not have killed me....that french football thing..B1 I think. It was a lost game and I was last line but I bounced 3 shots off that thing at under 100m. Something changed....the other games in that TD where weak as well....I could not even kill a stuart.

Then you are right with the teams, you seem to get one or two good people...and the rest idiots, or a real good team...nothing can be done with that....but it does get old. And I have actually found better teams in the tier 1 and 2 matches I have been playing lately.

Not sure of my future with the game....I am still having fun with it but don't play like I use to...one or two games then off to something else...then I come back. Played a bit last night tho.

I may give it a long run tonight and sat. night.

It looks like rain here all weekend.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #2218
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,801
Yeah, the Stug and PzIV used to be killers. Now they seem to do much less damage. Things take many more hits.

Meh. I still like my IS the best. It does seem to get it's gun knocked out more than normal, but that could also be how I've started playing it as well. And its Russian, so they won't nerf it too badly.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #2219
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Yeah, the Stug and PzIV used to be killers. Now they seem to do much less damage. Things take many more hits.

Meh. I still like my IS the best. It does seem to get it's gun knocked out more than normal, but that could also be how I've started playing it as well. And its Russian, so they won't nerf it too badly.
Working to my JS...with the double silver this weekend on the KV13 I think I will play it quite a bit....I may also buy back one of the other KV's to double up on the silver intake...worked the last time I did that....I came out ahead....sounds silly to do tho...but I guess it is going to depend on how much time I get to play.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #2220
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,898
the PZIV is still a killer. I've found tho they have changed a few thing in the armor of the other tanks. you have to place your shots and the PZIV does that very well. Me Standstrong and BZShadow have been running 3 of them in a platoon. we almost all ways account for a 3ed or more of the kills. but I'm having to teach them the sweet spots to hit on other tanks. I do agree i think they took some damage away from it but with it's range and fast reload it still hurts, and I'm sure you know this but its hardly ever a front line tank.

so look for gun ports, almost all tanks have a soft spot just at the back of the turret and below the top part of the track. also the drive sprockets are a good target and some German tanks you can shoot them low on the gun and it will deflect the shell down into the top of the tank.

My crew is at 116% and they are 89% done with the second set of skills, that does help a slight bit.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: