User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #2251
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,357
Finally got the 107 for the KV-4, now we're talking. I can actually pen 13-90's now.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #2252
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,353
x5 exp for Labor Day weekend, along with 3 or 5 day premium account discount, 1/2 price crew training... I might need to get some Gold for my accounts.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 AM   #2253
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
x5 exp for Labor Day weekend, along with 3 or 5 day premium account discount, 1/2 price crew training... I might need to get some Gold for my accounts.
Figures....and I am going to be running all over the state on Saturday.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #2254
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,659
I'll probably pick up a 5 day account to build my silver up. I spent a bunch of it to get the 3001p. I've got sooooooo far to go with xp to get the Patton and M40/43 that I kind of gave up on both of em.

Himmelsdorf last night in pzIV, got hit 3 times in succession, gun, engine, turret. What crap. All I could do was collect enemy shells and they didn't have the decency to give me a medal!

Still digging the StugIII!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #2255
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
x5 exp for Labor Day weekend, along with 3 or 5 day premium account discount, 1/2 price crew training...
Also 1/2 price and double credit earnings on Jumbo and Chaffee....
Old 08-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #2256
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Also 1/2 price and double credit earnings on Jumbo and Chaffee....
Yeah, I never had much interest in US mid tanks, other than the Ram II, maybe I'll try one out since my Ram II crews are up to their 2nd perks, with 1/2 price training and double earnings, might be worthwhile.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #2257
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I always liked the E2.....put the rammer on it and it is a great tank, good gun, good armor, great rate of fire.

In the matches it is in the thing can be over matched, but the gun will usually make someone duck and backup.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #2258
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,912
You know one thing people need to remember is this is a game. The battles normaly last less the 5 minunts. it anoys me when I see people start cussing their openly in the game team because they are loseing. It flat pisses me off when I see a clan member doing it on the oppsit team from me. Yes knowing what you are doing with your tank helps but in all relaty every shot comes down to luck and if the game wants to give it to you.

I have to say if a game makes you that mad you should step back and relax a little. I've had to do it a few times from World of Warcraft.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #2259
papalobster
With Gusto!

I rarely type anything other than to say sorry for a poor performance. I have the filter turned on so my children don't see the cussing, and I have just up n left games that had too much.

It's just a game.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:43 AM   #2260
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
It's just a game.

...where it's fun to question the moral judgement of the other team's mothers...

Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #2261
papalobster
With Gusto!

My mother is quite insane and her morals are suspect
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #2262
Cat0020
El cheapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
It flat pisses me off when I see a clan member doing it on the oppsit team from me. Yes knowing what you are doing with your tank helps but in all relaty every shot comes down to luck and if the game wants to give it to you.
Yes, it's a game and sometime I point out the simple truth when allies are being useless or idiots; not because I'm mad, nor that I'm not having fun.. I just call it when I see it.

If that piss you off, well.. truth hurts sometimes.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #2263
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,528
I'd argue that some shots come down to luck. Heck, maybe even 50% of them do. But then there is a large percentage where shot placements is key.

I took down an already damaged M103 I found (opposite end of the map from the teams) in five shots (all damaging)with a Pzk IV a while back. Merely aiming at it and hoping for 'luck' would most likely not bring that tier 9 tank down with a tier 5 tank.

Likewise, a great proportion of 'winning' is winning strategies instead of hoping for the best... though I did just win a game with a team that hoped for the best and got lucky despite losing poorly played key tanks early. Sure, luck happens and has a role in the wins... just not as much as some players who don't win as much seem to think it does.

So then why type to your own team after you die? to encourage people who are holding too far back to move up and at least contribute by holding the line if they aren't going to aid in attacking or conquering. Occasionally it works. Most times poor players are utterly convinced what they're doing (staying alive at all costs) is correct... until they are the last tank standing and die a coward's death.

Let's be frank here - there are players in the game who aren't worth being politically correct to. That doesn't mean that swearing at them is worth it, but stating your mind when they, as teammates, stole a win from you can't be 'bad.' I just really don't think it's morally incorrect to state obvious things in a testosterone-fueled game. If they're in a war game based on teamwork, they're in it for the expectations of being respected or dismissed based on their ability. There are plenty of games, and war-games, that aren't team based. They chose to join with the expectation that they hold up their end of the bargain and play the slot they are given at random (sometimes a tier 8 IS-3 is a scout, sometimes that same IS-3 is the top tank that needs scouts - refusing to do what the team needs in a team game is a dick move).

This is the attitude I'm taking now. Far too many games are out there that allow poor players to feel good about themselves in a non-team environment, so welcome to the real world (of gaming) with WoT. Most of us aren't here for the milk and cookies, and I can be 'nice' in far too many other areas of life to have to regulate myself in a random-team game.
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #2264
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,912
Ok let me clear what I mean up a little. There are two teams in each battle. We all know that almost every map has a easer side to win from because of the built in cover it provides. And yes I know aiming helps one hit but even then there's a computer program running numbers to see if you well aimed shot will do what it should. You know when you fire and the shot just flys off to the side. It the realisem you're talking about built into the game. and it's one thing to call someone out on doing something stupid if a whole other thing to start cussing a whole team when at lest a 3ed of them simply got owned by a platoon that had good cover and really acurit tanks. I can't say what happend on the other side of the map but I can say the guys that came at me did everything in there power to kill us we just had better cover at the point of the map that we incountered eachother at.

My point is there was no reasion to call them a "fucking fail team" and a few other things that I didn't take the time to read. Cat I refuse to platoon with you because the one time I did you where annoying as crap trying to tell us how to play. We have diffrent ideas about how to play the game and the best way to deal with that is not to platoon. But you have the clan name atached to you just as I do. And when you are rude as hell like that to your team you are repersenting the clan not just yourself. I didn't call your name earlyer for the reasion I wasn't going to point you out. I said what I did how I did to try to make a point that as a clan we should be a little more controled on what we say because it is respersenting all of us. I trully don't care what you say or to who you say it when it is only on you but when you have a clan sig at the end of your name what you say in the game means that the next time someone sees one of us with the same clan sig they will think we are like you. That I have a problem with.

I also want to say I'm sorry for any grammer that is bad in these post because I'm useing my phone.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #2265
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Ok let me clear what I mean up a little. There are two teams in each battle. We all know that almost every map has a easer side to win from because of the built in cover it provides. And yes I know aiming helps one hit but even then there's a computer program running numbers to see if you well aimed shot will do what it should. You know when you fire and the shot just flys off to the side. It the realisem you're talking about built into the game. and it's one thing to call someone out on doing something stupid if a whole other thing to start cussing a whole team when at lest a 3ed of them simply got owned by a platoon that had good cover and really acurit tanks. I can't say what happend on the other side of the map but I can say the guys that came at me did everything in there power to kill us we just had better cover at the point of the map that we incountered eachother at.

My point is there was no reasion to call them a "fucking fail team" and a few other things that I didn't take the time to read. Cat I refuse to platoon with you because the one time I did you where annoying as crap trying to tell us how to play. We have diffrent ideas about how to play the game and the best way to deal with that is not to platoon. But you have the clan name atached to you just as I do. And when you are rude as hell like that to your team you are repersenting the clan not just yourself. I didn't call your name earlyer for the reasion I wasn't going to point you out. I said what I did how I did to try to make a point that as a clan we should be a little more controled on what we say because it is respersenting all of us. I trully don't care what you say or to who you say it when it is only on you but when you have a clan sig at the end of your name what you say in the game means that the next time someone sees one of us with the same clan sig they will think we are like you. That I have a problem with.

I also want to say I'm sorry for any grammer that is bad in these post because I'm useing my phone.
Sorry but I think that there are fucking fail teams, There are good players and then there are not good players, if you get too many not good players you are going to likely lose. I had one a few months ago where I owned the other team in of all things a valantine for cripes sake. And I was called a cheater, hacker and all kinds of other stuff....nope you guys are just fucking stupid.

I seem to see this with store bought tanks, some players will play them....others are afraid they will get a dent....you make enough money on prem tanks it is not funny....get out there and be part of the TEAM.....if you are not again depending on my mood I will call you out on it. Like the top tank on your team announcing that he will "guard the arty"....ahhh....ok. I can see we will likely lose this one.

In the end I have changed my view on the game and am having much more fun with it.....I will still call out stupid, and give suggestions...and respond to suggestions.

It is so hard to tell if someone is really worked up, or if it is just jabbing and in fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: