Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 399 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #2371
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Awww.... That's the only reason I keep the PzIV!
i'll go back to a 3601
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #2372
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,073
if they up the damage on all the 75s as stated the long 75 on the 3601 will be a monster over the 88

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #2373
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,416
Quote:
Awww.... That's the only reason I keep the PzIV!
After you guys talked it up earlier I went back and got it. Thanks a lot!
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #2374
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Sorry.... but hey go make all the creds you can with it before they nurff the crap out of it. It pissed em off bad enough that i played like crap last night, got my 2X and got off the game. It will still be a nice money maker just not quite and long ranged.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #2375
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
After the Germans purposefully starved more than 3 million Soviet PoWs and more than a million died of starvation in besieged Leningrad. Among a couple other things.

Let's keep actual history out of this thread.
Well, the game is based on history... so it begs side-discussions. And I'll do just that - I'm reading a book about an American GI who became a kriege (German POW), "The Simple SOunds of Freedom." While I'm not yet at the point in the book where he also fights on the Russian side against the Germans, he accounts of what he saw happen in the Stalag's Russian side, were telling. Now this was a soldier who was tortured and who they tried to kill (while being interrogated) by smashing his skull in with the butt of a rifle (it actually did smash his skull in), and his accounts of how the Germans starved the Russians to death, en masse, on top of setting the most vicious of dogs on them, is pretty telling. I'm pretty sure I'm over that part of the game having an anti-German bias now - I understand where some of the developers are coming from, and agree with you, Flood, on your assessment.

From what else I've read elsewhere, the Soviets sucked towards their own troops. but when it came to war their main decision to not keep German prisoners alive pretty much stemmed from them starving their own troops for lack of food. I have no love for the Soviets, but the outcome for Hitler's armies in Russia were his, and their, own doing - the place is nearly too inhospitable to support its own people. YOu don't half-ass plan an attack in the middle of such an area, then hope for the best when your troops are forced to surrender due to not having enough men nor supplies.

---

I'm going to say something else out of line, too. It's my opinion that this game isn't one where a responsible parent would allow their sub-12-year-old (to make up a sane age) to spend their time. Now maybe the side-chat can be turned off - but if it can't, I wouldn't expose my kid to that kind of language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I have read quite a bit that they are going to do that....ballance it to where it will be on par with the Sherman and the T34 (the one that actually existed)

I actually don't have a real problem with it....I think it is a little out of wack next to other tanks in its same tier.
I disagree - isn't the Churchill a tier 5? To me the Pzk IV is an even counter to the Churchill, and despite what some people cry about, the actual balance of premium tanks is supposed to be somewhere in the mid-tier upgrade path (so not the best gun/engine/whatever) - thus the Churchill shouldn't be given this opportunity by taking away the Pzk IV's counter. The Russian T34's strengths were in something you'll not see in the game - they get the speed and the bouncy armor in the game, but they also had the numbers in real battle. The Pzk IV has been nerfed and re-nerfed in the speed category (unannounced nerfs noticeable by those who were playing it in 2011). I'd like to see it keep this gun, but understand the devs are trying to point out that anyone who who follow the German line - now even at tier 5 - is an idiot, lol. Must be an inside-joke there or something. In the past it's been tier 8 and above German that only the deranged (save for the end-goal of the Maus) would choose. I don't consider the E-100 a team's asset, and E75 and Tiger II players are so afraid of taking damage that they allow the battle to overcome their side far too often. I've also known more than one E75 user who ~65% of the time used HE rounds (those tiny little bits of damage with some hope, I guess, of hitting a crew or module - far too much fail for me at tier 9, so I stopped playing with them).

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 06:53 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #2376
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm reading a book about an American GI who became a kriege (German POW), "The Simple SOunds of Freedom."
When you finish that, look up Hans von Luck at your local library.

He was one of Rommel's favorite battalion commanders. Lots of crazy things in his memoirs. While not a prominent topic, he did recount an incident in 1941 when he happened upon a Russian village whose inhabitants were unaware of the Red Revolution. He also spent several years/chapters on his experiences in the Gulag after the war.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #2377
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,714
I let my 12-year old daughter play, but most of the time we're in training mode, just me and her, because she's not competitive enough to do well in Random Battle, doesn't spend the time it takes to understand the maps and tanks, just wants to shoot and have fun. It's like arcade mode with dad.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #2378
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
i'll go back to a 3601
I'm probably going to buy it this weekend as it's gonna be 1/2 price. I have most of the modules researched for it too.

I let my 9 Y.O. play, but he doesn't look at the chat at all and I have the filter on. He only plays the Church and the 3001 on occasion. I coach him a bit so he can learn tactics, but like I've said all along, it's a game where you drive around and blow shit up.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #2379
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,374
You can block out the bad language in chat.....the first thing i did
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #2380
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
You can block out the bad language in chat.....the first thing i did
Yeah, me too. That's why I see lot's of ******. All those rants make so little sense now!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #2381
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
First time I ever downloaded a test client. Why didn't anybody tell me how much fun it is with 10 mil credits, tons of XP and some gold?

Researched and bought an IS-4 and spammed gold ammo left and right immediately

Physics aren't too intrusive most of the time. Going down hills full clip is fun, negotiating narrow paths while zoomed in will result in you sliding down the side of the mountain. Fun fun.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #2382
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,009
Quote:
Yeah, me too. That's why I see lot's of ******. All those rants make so little sense now!

seems like a lot of people type stuff specifically to ruin other's youtube videos...

"PENIS!"

Old 09-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #2383
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I have to say that above tiger things get flakey. The Tiger 2 is a joke. I bounce 105s off ELCs that totle BS. And after this nuke of tthe PZ4 I may give up on the German tanks. I also agree that the PZ4 is one of the few tanks that can take on a Churchill and even then you better have some range to chew at it to win. And one more thing I hide as much as I can with the Tiger 2 and snipe. I know if anything gets close to me I'm dead. Oh yeah the PZ4 has been nurffed a few times all ready. Slowed it down and made it miss a lot more.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #2384
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,250
I just tried to get on the test server.... It's full.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #2385
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,416
Making a quarter of the units useless because they hold a historic grudge is ridiculous and if true will be the last dollar they get from me. What if they then decide that America won the Cold War and is the cause of everything that followed. Would it be fine for the American line to take the brunt of their bias? What would be left? I like the game for what diversity it has, if they go too far that will be greatly diminished.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: