Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 330 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #2626
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
just bought 50 of each at 1500

yeah that's what I did. shoulda checked first I guess but they don't go bad.

I did a brief google and didn't find an answer, but are we not able to convert xp on tanks other than premiums anymore?

used to be I could take it from my M2 or m41
Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #2627
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,611
Running WOT, I'm hitting 49c CPU, 85c Video, 43c HD. Ouch.

Vid cools down to 70 or less, that seems to be an odd spike.

Smithy screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 07:00 PM
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #2628
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
yeah that's what I did. shoulda checked first I guess but they don't go bad.

I did a brief google and didn't find an answer, but are we not able to convert xp on tanks other than premiums anymore?

used to be I could take it from my M2 or m41
Any "elite" tank's xp is eligable for conversion with gold.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #2629
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Running WOT, I'm hitting 49c CPU, 85c Video, 43c HD. Ouch.
That there could be the cause of all your problems. The GPU hits thermal overload and shuts down, then the CPU freezes while waiting for the GPU, and applications start to hit timeouts, etc.

Usually there is just a buildup of dust. Check this vid and others for progressively more involved methods wrt cleaning it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0BQ6YUFaoY
Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #2630
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
That there could be the cause of all your problems. The GPU hits thermal overload and shuts down, then the CPU freezes while waiting for the GPU, and applications start to hit timeouts, etc.

Usually there is just a buildup of dust. Check this vid and others for progressively more involved methods wrt cleaning it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0BQ6YUFaoY
Thank you!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #2631
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,470
Play that notebook on a raised surface, as well, to allow air to flow more freely through it. You could make your own laptop 'stand' with just two 1-by-1-inch square pieces of wood to get it up off of whatever surface you're playing it on.

Never forget to check for the latest video card drivers and for updates to your motherboard's drivers.

-------

406 repair kits
226 medical kits
53 fire extinguishers

Hopefully that will hold me over until the next time they go on sale.

I have heard some clan mates say that they spent millions on repair kits to get them between the sales.

---

I jumped in to running the French B1 heavy tier 4... I guess I should complain, but it isn't yet as bad as I thought it would be (fully upgraded). It just simply is not 'good.' The T-28 Russian is so far ahead of this thing for tier 4 it's crazy.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 09:52 PM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #2632
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Play that notebook on a raised surface, as well, to allow air to flow more freely through it. You could make your own laptop 'stand' with just two 1-by-1-inch square pieces of wood to get it up off of whatever surface you're playing it on.

Never forget to check for the latest video card drivers and for updates to your motherboard's drivers.

-------

406 repair kits
226 medical kits
53 fire extinguishers

Hopefully that will hold me over until the next time they go on sale.

I have heard some clan mates say that they spent millions on repair kits to get them between the sales.

---

I jumped in to running the French B1 heavy tier 4... I guess I should complain, but it isn't yet as bad as I thought it would be (fully upgraded). It just simply is not 'good.' The T-28 Russian is so far ahead of this thing for tier 4 it's crazy.
How do you buy extras?
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #2633
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
How do you buy extras?

go to the 'store' listed on the menu bar. you can buy as many as you want.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #2634
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,890
ok after a weekend of playing with the neutered PZIV it is still a ok tank at it's tier. I will no longer take it and go for a tier 7 tho. also i put the L70 on my 3601H for the weekend, yes it can pen almost anything you point it at and yes it has the range but it doesn't do the damage it did on the PZIV. platooned with two bigger guns i would run it for the pin point acuricy but solo no way. it just doesnt have the damage anymore. i didnt try it on the TDs yet. I would have tryed them as well but I've been playing WOW as well.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #2635
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,176
Quote:
go to the 'store' listed on the menu bar. you can buy as many as you want.
KRAP.....note to self for next time.

I did get to play for about 2hrs on sunday.....I actually kinda like the new Pz IV.

Still coming to grips with the new places you can go in the maps....I found out you can go into the bombed out train deopt on that map that reminds me of stalingrad. Rubble in front of you...gives you a pretty good hull down position on the base on the encounter battle....just looked it up...himmlsdorf....C2 section.

It is like a new game to me and it seems more fun....I have however told myself the they will not see another dime of my money till they take some teeth out of the arty....I would imagine I would also play more if I was not one shotted by a hummel from across the map....they hit better than the direct fire weapons on some of the tanks....but nothing new...my same old bitch.
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #2636
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
It is like a new game to me and it seems more fun....I have however told myself the they will not see another dime of my money till they take some teeth out of the arty....I would imagine I would also play more if I was not one shotted by a hummel from across the map....they hit better than the direct fire weapons on some of the tanks....but nothing new...my same old bitch.
They did take the teeth out of arty - the last 'really good' game I had in my S-51 lost credits. Arty used to make money. Most of us have stopped playing the class, but I want to open that slot so I need to finish researching the S-51 before I sell it.

Always remember that if arty is such a menace to you, nearly every tank has a spall liner available. I don't run spall liners with nimble tanks and mediums, but by the time I get to a tier 9 heavy, or perhaps on something as slow as the KV-4, they are a strong consideration.

Me, I'm just fine with arty that way it is - even in that match I had with ten arty per side that included GW Type E's. The game may have other issues that would deter me from giving them money, but arty that is actually playing, and helping their team, isn't one of them.
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #2637
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
They did take the teeth out of arty - the last 'really good' game I had in my S-51 lost credits. Arty used to make money. Most of us have stopped playing the class, but I want to open that slot so I need to finish researching the S-51 before I sell it.

Always remember that if arty is such a menace to you, nearly every tank has a spall liner available. I don't run spall liners with nimble tanks and mediums, but by the time I get to a tier 9 heavy, or perhaps on something as slow as the KV-4, they are a strong consideration.

Me, I'm just fine with arty that way it is - even in that match I had with ten arty per side that included GW Type E's. The game may have other issues that would deter me from giving them money, but arty that is actually playing, and helping their team, isn't one of them.

The more I look at this game, the fewer reasons I see for playing anything above a tier6-7. Anything above that, and you need a premium account to break even or make money. I don't begrudge the devs that, they need to make a living. My Tiger2 is a constant money loser. I don't play it any more. To offset that, I got 8 kills last night working up the soviet TD line. My SU26 still kicks ass. The Grille is still pretty good.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #2638
vwboomer
Buffoon

I just picked up my Hummel last night. It was a fight getting up through the Grille. I don't think arty is over powered. If you've ever played one, you know how frustrating it is to wait 20 seconds to focus on a target only to have them move right as you pull the trigger and send a shell 4 seconds away not to mention having 15 rounds. I was last man standing against a KV1 yesterday and I had no ammo. had to let him cap.

I think arty is both the most appreciated and least appreciated tank to play. I saved one guys ass twice yesterday from two different tanks. about 1000 yards the second one was pushing him and trying to kill him. I wiped out the enemy tank and the guy couldn't believe I didn't hit him too

but just as often, we put the hurt on tanks and never see a kill. Or get left behind to fend for ourselves when a lowly T50 can wipe us out.

and remember, we're limited to about 2-3 shots per minute

3 non premiums I play most are the M2Mt with the 75mm howitzer, is3, and Hummel. I agree that the lower tier tanks are often more fun to play.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #2639
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,793
Quote:

3 non premiums I play most are the M2Mt with the 75mm howitzer, is3, and Hummel. I agree that the lower tier tanks are often more fun to play.

And why I play the game.. its a game... for fun... if it ceases to be fun, there's a ton of other more productive things I should be doing with my time...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #2640
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,090
I recently invested in a T-34 and a KV-1S for that very reason. They are more fun and less hassle. But right now I am driven to continue grinding on the T-44, Patton, and Lorraine while my premium account is still active.

My 12-month premium expires in about 3 weeks. At that point, I will probably stop playing tier 8+ and enjoy my M4A2E4, A-32, and Matilda. Any high tier runs will be reserved for 5x weekends.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: