Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 492 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #2686
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm finding that I'm in the top half of scorers 90% of the time (easy to do), and in the top three (when I'm in a top-tier tank) a very fair amount (not so easy to do despite having the big gun). My prediction is that, while it won't be across the board, this will be the impetus to a good many players to play a little more carefully (using cover to last longer) while shooting a little more (to get the XP for damage). While I'm sure it is embarrassing to a few players, overall this should bring better teams by the time newcomers to the game get to tier 5 since they'll have direct feedback as to their worth (that may be a bit harsh) / input / skill. How do you guys feel about it, or... has the new ranking system affected anyone you know to change their play style?
So far, it has just been self-gratifying for me. It is a rare match indeed to find myself in the bottom half.

What has really helped me is Battle Efficiency window on the first page of the report. I've played the spotting game many times, but never been sure of its success. Having direct feedback on that topic is wonderful.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #2687
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,631
I dont do mid map placement with my Hummel. accuracy suffers if Im too close. thats why the compact maps really suck for me. Easy to get over run and hard to focus on a target.

I dont know what map name, but the one w the big lake in the middle and the open field where nothing happens, anyway i was tucked into the opposite corner from where a t50 went solo. I was protecting my guys trying to get up the hill. dipshit t50 guy lights up an arty and dies right away, but Im an asshole for all his hard work and wasted effort? apparently some people cant figure out it takes 30 seconds to zoom in

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #2688
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,060
Couldn't hit anything with the SU26 last night. The 88 on the 3001 and 3601 wasn't doing the job either. It shouldn't take 6 hits to kill a RAM II from the side, but I knocked an AMX 50-120 down to 5% with 3 shots....from the front!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #2689
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,364
The Random Number Generator strikes again.....
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #2690
vwboomer
Buffoon

here's the problem

Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #2691
MN_Smurf
Capt_Confusion

Oddometer: 2,364
This exhibits why I haven't made time to play since last Saturday afternoon...
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #2692
janeuner
Get Some

Last night was a doozy.

Paid ~16k in damages when a "friendly" T-50-2 drove into my Obj212 at full speed.

Couple games later, a "friendly" KV-5 rammed my T-44 and pushed it into the sights of two tier 9+ tank destroyers. I got ~50 credits in compensation.

This game needs faction standings.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2693
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,116
How would faction standings work?

Anyway, I played my other account for the first time since 8.0, and just like you saw - the KV-5 is a brute when it comes to pushing. Thing was, I didn't know about it, and when I went forward to try to get in on the initial action that the smaller tanks beat me to... instead of slowing me down or grinding against one another, it pushed a 12t like snow from a snow plow.

Later I made similar pushes when the fighting got really heavy and I was aiming for enemies. I swear I pushed two tanks at one time - the enemy into a friendly, then both of them against a train.

I wouldn't e surprised if they tone down the KV-5's ability to push in the future.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #2694
janeuner
Get Some

I was thinking EVE Online, whereby a individual, corp, or alliance can set a peer to a standing level (perhaps +5.0 to -5.0). The standing is persistent.

A third issue last night: some dude spent the first ~3 minutes of a match blocking my reverse. Ultimately I tracked him (2k fine, tolerable) and flanked to the other side of the match to get away from him. The idea would be to mark him as a hazard, so if I encounter him again, I know to go the other way.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #2695
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,116
I see. Yeah, that could work out, but it could work both ways for the crazies who block you once, or disagree with you once, to immediately target you at the beginning of the next game you play on the same team.

Still, I'd be fine with it - people already have written lists of other players who they don't like.

----------

I think I have to take a break from WoT. I feel burnt out on it in that while I still like it, I've been playing like I'm half into it, half-drunk, or making half-assed decisions that just aren't working.

I keep wondering if it's something in my diet, but... what ever it is, it isn't conducive to focusing on each battle.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #2696
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
I was thinking EVE Online, whereby a individual, corp, or alliance can set a peer to a standing level (perhaps +5.0 to -5.0). The standing is persistent.

A third issue last night: some dude spent the first ~3 minutes of a match blocking my reverse. Ultimately I tracked him (2k fine, tolerable) and flanked to the other side of the match to get away from him. The idea would be to mark him as a hazard, so if I encounter him again, I know to go the other way.

So if you hit Ctrl-right click on the user's name, a drop down appears. There's a Complaint section with different options. I've used it a bunch of times. No idea what it does.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2697
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post

----------

I think I have to take a break from WoT. I feel burnt out on it in that while I still like it, I've been playing like I'm half into it, half-drunk, or making half-assed decisions that just aren't working.

I keep wondering if it's something in my diet, but... what ever it is, it isn't conducive to focusing on each battle.
No....arty will do that to you
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #2698
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,274
I had a A-20 come up on a big hill i was snipping from with my Tiger 2 and block my shot so i backed up a little higher and went to aiming again and right into my sights he pulls again.. GURRRR pull forward and WHAT THE HELL he did it again. so i rotated and pushed his ass off the cliff sideways. he never said a word.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #2699
janeuner
Get Some

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
There's a Complaint section with different options ... No idea what it does.
It serves the same purpose as a Cancel button next to a progress bar. It doesn't do anything other than provide the user a punching bag while shit keeps rolling down hill.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #2700
vwboomer
Buffoon

just had a good one. came down to a Lowe and me in my Hummel. 3 shots I had left I got within a couple hundred meters adn he lights off so I snap one off. nope

few minutes later I'm edging towards my base and he's capping. aimed as well as I could and.....nope

then he hunts me down and i dont' see him til he's on top of the rock i'm hiding behind. I turn the corner and blast. yep

Got Fadin's medal. Destroying the last enemy tank with my last shell

personal highlight for me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: