Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #2776
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
For its tier, I'd argue, IIRC, that the AMX 40 has OP armor, and one of the best tier-4 guns. I didn't like it at all, but the B1 heavy was worse, and now this BDR is a huge let down considering I've played those others and thought I did the hard part.
French heavies... theres a contradiction. The ARL 44 is decent, or atleast has a good gun. AMX M4 45 is ok, and the line gets good at tier 8 (where im currently stuck) The problem I have is when you finally get to tier 8, forget being a heavy, your a medium. o.k. gun, but paper armour... you do get speed though.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #2777
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
It always sucks to have a really good personal game and find out the rest of the team sucked. I had 4 kills w my IS3 before work. took all 4 almost all of the way down, damaged 2 more. I think I ended up with 600xp as a 2x win.
I take those for what they are. Really I am fine with public matches....I really have only 2 major gripes with the game.

1) the well know how I feel about arty....again last night I will killed on the first round by arty....and let me be clear, the first round fired by the arty at me killed me. My direct fire tanks with 100%+ crews are not this accurate. They will not see one more thin dime from me as long as arty is this way.....and I fowl mouth and let arty die on my team every chance I get...yes it is a dick move but at this point I don't care....I have one goal in this game I want to see arty die I don't care who's team it is on.

2) let the low tier tanks play all the maps.....this is just fucking stupid....why do the low tier tanks only get to play a hand full of maps....just flat fucking stupid.

I don't play any mods on the game...just the game as the game is.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #2778
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,922
Quote:
It always sucks to have a really good personal game and find out the rest of the team sucked. I had 4 kills w my IS3 before work. took all 4 almost all of the way down, damaged 2 more. I think I ended up with 600xp as a 2x win.

Every time this happens to me I just say to my self, well i did my part, cant do everything myself, and think how much better I was in that battle then 14 other hairless apes.

I agree with #2 there but none of my artys are that good. the Grill is close but the aim time is still so long. but i don't play them much. I just want my PZIV back. Also no mods here.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.

Switchblade315 screwed with this post 10-11-2012 at 05:39 AM
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #2779
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,639
Sick day for me today. I anticipate I'll be grinding quite a bit.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #2780
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
I couldn't hit a durn thang with the Priest last night. The SU26 seemed a bit off too, but still played ok. I cringe every time a hit the battle button. That thing just sucks so bad. I should sell it and go back to the M41, grind the credits there to get the M40/43. I just can't make any xp with the 12.

So far, having run the Tiger P a bit, I'm not a fan of heavy play. Might be why I don't care for the Churchill anymore as well. I like TD's, Mediums, arty in that order. I didn't like any of the light tanks either.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #2781
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
dont worry, you will get used to missing and no splash damage with the Priest. I gave up after that and went german arty. much better.

I you let your own arty go unprotected you get every single shot death you deserve. learn to play as if arty is looking at you the whole time. maybe you should play arty so you get a better idea how to defend against it.
I rarely get killed by arty when I am in one of my heavies. not often in my m2mt either.

when people start talking shit I sometimes get my fire a bit too close to em
yesterday I got the Reaper after wiping out all 3 enemy arty in 1 shot each, just by mousing around and waiting for tracers.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #2782
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,787
i like 1 shot arty kills
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #2783
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
I thought this was interesting http://gizmodo.com/5950663/this-14+y...-a-lego-genius
Barike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #2784
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
I you let your own arty go unprotected you get every single shot death you deserve. learn to play as if arty is looking at you the whole time. maybe you should play arty so you get a better idea how to defend against it.
I rarely get killed by arty when I am in one of my heavies. not often in my m2mt either.
Cheese and rice! Don't get him started again!

I may sell th epriest and work my way up the german line. They seem more accurate than the area denial arty of the US line.

Was in a Siegfried Line battle that had 2 American T92's on their side. The whole freakin moniter shook when they shot Check out the damage specs on that one.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #2785
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Ha! Got my share of sucky team mates again. 4th try today to get the daily double in my T49 and this is what happens:

6 kills, 3 medals (among them the "FPGT72 medal" for killing 3 SPGs in one battle!), DEFEAT!

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #2786
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Ha! Got my share of sucky team mates again. 4th try today to get the daily double in my T49 and this is what happens:

6 kills, 3 medals (among them the "FPGT72 medal" for killing 3 SPGs in one battle!), DEFEAT!
ouch!

I installed 3 mods. Camera zoom (not working?), foliage reducer and DAR artillery sight.

DAR shows me a nice green box around my shot.
and my lag is up 300%.

anyone notice this lag mod with any of these?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #2787
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
So far am loving the lights and arty killing. 20k from the t50-2 and love my locust. Up to the m18, jumbo, e8 so far. Kv1 also. Just having fun.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #2788
papalobster
With Gusto!

I almost forgot with all this arty killing talk! Last night in my M7 I saw an A-20 headed my way. Decided to head for the cap, I think it was Sand river. I'm running away at top speed and this A20 is right behind me shooting with his little gun.

I put it in reverse

Just about killed him with the impact.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #2789
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I almost forgot with all this arty killing talk! Last night in my M7 I saw an A-20 headed my way. Decided to head for the cap, I think it was Sand river. I'm running away at top speed and this A20 is right behind me shooting with his little gun.

I put it in reverse

Just about killed him with the impact.
Awesome. I've been doing more ramming in my M7 lately. not sure why, seems like the right thing to do at the time. Also seems to be working pretty well too. Maybe I should put a spall liner in it.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #2790
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Medium Medley weekend

50% discount on the following Vehicles:

M4A3E8
VK 3002 (DB)
KV-13

Credit income bonus: +70%

M4A3E8