Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #2911
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Bravo.

Playing "Mines" in a T1, or even the SU-26 is a whole hell of a lot different than playing the same map with Tigers and IS-3's.

Thanks Smithy - but the real reason I'm typing a reply was to tell you how awesome your latest knife is on the Knife thread.

If you guys haven't seen Smithy's work... go take a look at it.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #2912
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,035
I got tired of not being able to bend my finger. going rideing this weekend and it needs to bend, soooo... I got creative.

now I can use that finger a little.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #2913
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

That's awesome, Switch, but maybe that should be in the Homemade Farkles thread?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #2914
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,669
Needs servos.

And thanks, Mambo Dave. Appreciate the compliments... now I just need to go make a bunch more.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #2915
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
No, I think you're right.

Evidence is in the tactics and routes that 1/2 to 1/4 of larger tier teams take that never get taken effectively on some of the maps they do play (or if they do take them, they're out of both contact with the enemy and radio range with their team for far too long). Tier 1's just don't need a lot, or many, maps, and for tier 1's or tier 2's there is map memorization that is aided by fewer maps. Let new guys learn those, then learn other maps in due time, because learning the nuances of each map (and each play style on each map) is about as important as anything in the game.

I'm gonna disagree. I don't know if you'd call me a veteran of the game, but I played all the available lines together back in 2011, so I was duly surprised at the reality of maps and routes once I started Tier 1 all over again when the french came out.

Could they use the entire map on all maps? Yes. Do they? No, they really don't.

Now is that a question of experience? I'm now guessing that no, it isn't, since taking a side route in a really slow tank means no enemies will be encountered, and the opfor can cap at leisure. Moreover, as I argued above - why overburden new guys with all of the maps? I see a complex balance vs. numbers of guys actually using the small tanks issue as well.

I think a full rotation would only serve sand-baggers who were picking on new guys or trying to improve their win ratio. No one respects those people anyway, so why make it more pleasant for them to boost their stats?
This point was brought up on the fourm as well, and I think the best answer to all this was....how many stupid lowe drivers did you see after last christmas?

You can buy a gold tank on sale for as little as 750....that is not much. I paid that for the churchill and matilda..tier 5 tanks that will play darn near every map.

The second point they made was on your new account they said you are stuck with just tier 1 in your battles for your first 10 games....then it opens up....not sure if it is true but that same thing could go with the map rotation...give you the three maps for your first 10 battles.

Lastly they said when he gets to tier 4 do and higher do you want him trying to learn that map there or would you rather have had that player see that map once or twice before he gets to the middle tiers.

Perhaps this is all coming from me playing low tiers lately....and having a real good time, but I would so like to have the little tanks in maps like steps, or one of the desert maps.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #2916
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
I think one answer may be that Wargaming wants you to grind on until you're stuck with tier 8 tanks and need to buy a premium account to keep the credits flowing.

Having fun with tier 1-2 tanks on every map with a free account doesn't make much sense for them.

In related news, my tier 3 M2MT is one of my best moneymakers now, it regularly pays out 12,000+ games on wins and up to 5,000 credits when losing, even with a destroyed tank.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #2917
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
In related news, my tier 3 M2MT is one of my best moneymakers now, it regularly pays out 12,000+ games on wins and up to 5,000 credits when losing, even with a destroyed tank.
Premium account? That's really good for a tier 3, but then you must be skilled / damaging a ton of tanks, too
Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #2918
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Premium account? That's really good for a tier 3, but then you must be skilled / damaging a ton of tanks, too
No, standard account. Maybe I just had a couple of days with a friendly match maker and a friendly hidden algorithm.

Just like with my priest. Some games every shot is a kill, then the next one I keep hearing "That was close" over and over again. There's something going on underneath the obvious mathematics.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #2919
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,338
can someone explain how this situation is a draw? 3 tanks each side left. 2 enemy capping. we get 3 on their base and overtake their cap count, and get to 100 while they are at 92. game is declared a draw.
we got hosed
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 AM   #2920
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Just like with my priest. Some games every shot is a kill, then the next one I keep hearing "That was close" over and over again. There's something going on underneath the obvious mathematics.
I played my Priest last night a few times too. seems like my shots were way closer than the past. The M12 and SU26 wasn't on at all though. I ran through all my x3's (except for the Churchill, I figure if I don't play it for a while, maybe I'll start to like it again) last night. The German tanks were't hitting anything, but my American ones were.

I ran into quite a few D. maxes last night. I was surprised by thier lack of kills in most maps, yet the Stugs seem to do better.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #2921
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
can someone explain how this situation is a draw? 3 tanks each side left. 2 enemy capping. we get 3 on their base and overtake their cap count, and get to 100 while they are at 92. game is declared a draw.
we got hosed
The timer went out just as you capped to 100, but you didn't get the "!" at the end of the 100 fast enough. I've seen it in about 5 or 10 games in about 10k battles.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #2922
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,782
whats up with 3x?
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #2923
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
whats up with 3x?

something about getting people to vote for the game or something. it's on the webpage
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #2924
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
The timer went out just as you capped to 100, but you didn't get the "!" at the end of the 100 fast enough. I've seen it in about 5 or 10 games in about 10k battles.
I could have sworn there was plenty of time left. Even if rare, it's horseshit.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #2925
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I could have sworn there was plenty of time left. Even if rare, it's horseshit.
cap faster

I had 2 draws last night. Kinda pissed I didn't get defender with the Priest though.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: