Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 539 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #2941
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
As with most US mediums, it's speed gets me into trouble. I have a tendency to advance to quickly.
I thought we were supposed to do that? Darn!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #2942
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
that gw panther is fun
3 kill
9 tanks damaged game
hitting a heavy for 500 slows 'em down
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #2943
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I thought we were supposed to do that? Darn!
I don't think we're supposed to be in front of the scouts though.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #2944
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Of course a lot of what I wrote are mute points if you have a tier 8 premium tank and are good with it.
Thanks for all the input

question - what is a "premium tank" ?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #2945
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
a tank you buy with rela money or gold(which is bought with real money) or... win gold during events/contests/clan matches, but good luck with that. :)
premium tanks normally have a small advantage in speed, armor or gun. nothing big. but their major advantage is they make way more gold & XP per match.
you can make about as much money/xp per hour with a standard account in a lowe or type-59 than you can a premium account and a good money making tank in tier 5-6 with a premium account. or just make a boat ton combining both.

plus the guys with gold that can afford premium tanks and accounts usually can afford to have consumables on board. ever seen a guy in a good'ish tank get tracked, then immediately continue on? small repair kit! and the classic "gold rounds" you can buy with... 30-50% more penetration than normal AP rounds.

tho in the 8.1 testing they've opened gold rounds to everybody! 400 money = 1gold. expensive, but not so much a guy can't go crazy once in awhile, or everybody in a clan match have a match full of gold rounds!
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #2946
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
There are multiple ways of looking at it, one of which is just grinding Silver the whole time to afford whichever tank you want next - me, these days, I look at grinding as grinding Free XP - which is far more important to me as I will not run a stock tank ever again... and at tiers 6 through 9 that is really important (unless one likes being a weak spot on the team). Even if that only means that I have the tracks and turret pre-grinded, but still have to work up the gun - at least I'm less than fully effective for fewer battles while I grind that last gun.
i agree 1000%. and this is without premium
here's what happens. tier 4-5-6 is where you get your silver. the reason is in mediums & heavies about anyone can make 9,000+ profit every match. profit. that's after the joke 1-2k repairs costs and sub 1k reload costs. plus tanks are cheap so you don't "need" gold rounds, repair kits, crew boosts, fuel, etc.
when you hit tier 8-9 things are different! now you're looking at 10-15,000 in repairs+reloading EVERY MATCH! a bad match where you just outright die you may loose 4-10k silver in less than 60 seconds. a great match you make 15-35k PROFIT. most games are in between and you only wind up averaging a couple thousand silver in actual profit. :(
free XP is most important. when you're finishing off buying for the tank you're CURRENTLY in, DO NOT use the free xp! gather up enough normal xp to buy those final items. keep that to help the next with with more expensive equipment on the next tank (which will be stock and suck ass).

the worst thing ever is having bad crews & stock'ish equipment. tanks with bad crews & little/no equipment are way WORSE than whatever max crew/stats you came from. i promise! look at how many similar tanks in a tier people play/level and suck with the higher one! you get a guy with a baller win rate over hundreds+ of games in the lower tier tank, then they run out of money & upgrades to a 50/75% crew & cant afford equipment. ya well guess who's about to have a 30% win-rate for the next couple dozen matches LoL!
but then you play 40-50-60 games with a tank. your crew is up 20% xp, you've bought equipment. you've got a hang on covering your armor's soft spots. now it's pretty good!

THEN you decide "i really like this tank!" so you play 200 matches with it. your crew is at 100%, they've all got brothers in arms, camo & one or two more good "abilities". you've long ago slammed items on it. occasionally use some consumables. unless you do something totally stupid, you shit on everything you choose to engage (which is a lot, cause youll have so many free shots with your long viewing range/radio range & uprated camo & reload speeds).
Old 10-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #2947
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,703
What I am intrested in is if they let the "gold" rounds go for silver....I am sitting on over 5mil right now (and I bet that is why this is being thought of) I am not too sure I am going to want to spend the silver for the better rounds each match....it is going to be intresting....I think this game is headed for big changes....you are going to have to spend money to keep going.

But I have really been slumming it lately, low tiers. I have had the t18 for only a few days and already have master in it. Ready to move on but don't want to....I sold off the E8 and may use that spot for the next level american TD and keep the little tier II....it does rule.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #2948
papalobster
With Gusto!

I usually keep a couple gold rounds in my arty just in case something bigger than a T50 comes in close. The HEAT rounds tend to mess things up bad, even on a frontal shot.

The M12 doesn't have a HEAT round though. It's got a gold round, but it just has more blast, no pen.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #2949
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

i dont think it's going to wreck anything even if gold/silver costs remain untweaked.
1-4 2g/800 silver. 100 rounds in tier 1-4 is 80,000 silver but the guns shoot many times a second.
tier 5+ 10g/4000 silver. 100 rounds of gold in tier 5+ is 800,000 silver!
after a week or few everyone is broke & only keeps a few gold rounds in each tank for fun/emergencies. itll be like AP/HE. you keep a couple of what you dont normally use other just for those special occasions that present themselves :)
i dont think trying to last-shot someone with the rounds would be economical in any tier would it? i cant think of one

papa i dont play much arty, isn't the big bonus for gold HE rounds more splash radius?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #2950
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I am not too sure I am going to want to spend the silver for the better rounds each match....it is going to be intresting....I think this game is headed for big changes....you are going to have to spend money to keep going.
Well, unless they change the armor, damage amounts, or penetration, standard rounds seem to already have a 80% penetration chance for me, and Gold rounds don't increase damage at all - they just pen better (and quite a few players argue bounce more).

I think most players will be fine with equal-tiers using gold against them. The only tank that gets increased damage from Gold rounds is the 3601 with the Conical barrel.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #2951
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
I think most players will be fine with equal-tiers using gold against them. The only tank that gets increased damage from Gold rounds is the 3601 with the Conical barrel.
Hmmm, I happen to have a spare 3601 laying around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
papa i dont play much arty, isn't the big bonus for gold HE rounds more splash radius?
With the SU26 and M7 Priest they are HEAT rounds that pen better. In the case of the M7 it penetrates 3x better 150 average with average damage of 350. Which is on par with tier 7/8 heavy tank guns.

With the M12, it increases splash by a meter or so. Not worth the cost.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2952
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
With the M12, it increases splash by a meter or so. Not worth the cost.
HE damage is a function of splash radius in any case where the shell does not penetrate.

Thought I'd mention it, even though it still isn't worth the cost.

----------------------------------------------

My months-long premium account expires today. That means no more tier IX/X matches for a while. Considering my win ratio lately - good riddance.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #2953
Rafiki
Some Dude

Oddometer: 1,840
This weekend's special is devoted to those of you who enjoy the thrill of zipping around the battlefield in a light tank. If superior speed is your playstyle of choice, then you'll have an opportunity to reap the benefits this weekend.
Starting at 4:30AM PST (11:30 UTC) on October 18, 2012 and lasting until October 22, 2012 at 4:00AM PST (11:00 UTC), the following discounts and bonuses will be active. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out.
50% discount on the following vehicles:
  • VK 1602 Leopard
  • A-20
  • M24 Chaffee
  • ELC AMX
  • AMX 13 75
Credit income bonus: +70%
  • VK 1602 Leopard
  • A-20
  • M24 Chaffee
  • ELC AMX
Credit income bonus: +25%
  • AMX 13 75
Premium Time Discount:
  • 3 days for 300
  • 7 days for 600
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tankers!
Here are the packages you can expect to start at 23:00 PDT October 14, 2012 and run for approximately two weeks through 23:00 PDT October 30th:

Matilda Black Prince Package "Tank, Garage Slot, Consumables" for USD 10.69

• Tank: Matilda Black Prince
  • Garage Slot
  • Large Repair Kit: x4
  • Large First Aid Kit: x4
PzKpfw S35 739 Package "Tank, Garage Slot, Consumables" for USD 7.19

• Tank: PzKpfw S35 739
  • Garage Slot
  • Large Repair Kits: x4
Gold Package "Gold & Premium Time" for USD 25.99

• Gold: 5000
  • 3 days premium time
You can buy these packages for yourself or as gifts for your friends. Please refer to the Gift Shop Guide for information on how to use it.
Please keep in mind that some of these packages will only be available for a limited time.

"Monkey killing Monkey over pieces of ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs.
They make a club, And beat their brother down."
Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #2954
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,812
Woot! Just got a "top gun" award for killing 7 tanks in one round.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #2955
Toysrme
Gnarly Adventurer

zomg! 70% credit bonus on the amx-elc!? awesome! that's the funnest tank in the world to make money in! zip to a bush, passive scout and play like a TD with your td camo bonus; shoot anyone you dare reveal yourself too. as soon as a gun is pointed your direction, zip away with your light tank camo bonus!

money money money moooonayh!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: