User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 435 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #2986
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,983
Here's something I've been wanting to share with you guys - it's called "Tactical Tablet" and it's an add-on for WoT for people to communicate their ideas about tank placement to try different things. It can be viewed from your in-game garage, or apparently during a training room battle. I could probably even bring it up during a real battle since the star icon that starts it is in the same place even when in battle, but then the map and tablet would be in the way.

The 'designer' or commander who is leading or designing the battle uses the tablet to lay out placements. Those choices and options then get put into a code that is either copy and pasted into a chat or into TeamSpeak for followers to copy, then paste into the tablet. You can seen the end of that long code at the bottom of the Tactical Tablet that I pasted, then I hit "Accept."

This was a design put forth by one of our guys for us to try out in a training room in preparation for a clan war battle on this very map, with us spawning in the south.

(That, and there's that cool looking Leclerc's Medal beside it.)

Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #2987
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 298
Interesting, thanks for giving the heads up on that planning gui. I'll have to look into it. If we ever get into serious clan battles that could really help out.
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #2988
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

You're welcome.

I know it isn't for everyone - especially the guys who play WoT for relaxation - but I just thought it neat.

I think that even the new guy can see that the methods and placements clan wars battlers use really don't pertain to Random Pub matches at all - so the next time some guy is spouting off orders in a pub match and telling you all he plays clan wars, and that 'this' is how they do it... tell him to go use the new physics and jump off of a cliff.

In an ideal world where a Pub team all worked together a clan-war positioning could work... sometimes... I guess, but I'm not quite sure that every random Pub team has at least one actual zombie playing the game, if not a whole lot of them.

By the way, we used that positioning on that Tablet (the one shown above) in a training room against an equal number of opposing tier-tens from our clan (all very good players with a good commander). We won both training matches, but one only just barely. (Keep in mind that we didn't stay in those positions after a BatChat scout of ours showed us what the OPFOR were trying - one time our MEdiums attacked directly north from their hidey-hole, and another they turned and faced east to shoot attacking OPFOR that came across our base from the east city to fight it out - in both matches, however, the IS-4's didn't have to move very far at all from that central placement).

My personal opinion, since I'm writing about hypothetical battles that some of you may never even want to partake in, is that relying on a substantial amount of Medium tier-tens in clan wars is a fad (because medium tier tens are relatively new). Now every clan battle probably should have a few mediums - specifically two BatChats and maybe one T-62 or one M48, but having four or more mediums just reduces the big guns and big armor a team could have had they taken faster heavies (at this time 110E5's). Me, I only own an IS-4 at the moment... so I'm weighing, or trying to weigh, what will be pertinent and useful months down the road from now when the clan wars tank preferences swing again. I guess I'm going to keep grinding for the 110E5, get that first, then grind for a tier ten medium to have as a third tier ten. I am part way up each medium grind (Panther II, M-26 Pershing, T-43 Soviet) except for the one I see as the Medium that will be called for even in the future - the BatChat. Maybe I should start grinding the AMX12t again
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #2989
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,183
Sigh... i TKed again, had a KV-4 blocking people in smaller tanks right off the get go then he started pushing our Priest toward the cliff edge. 3 people told him to stop. I told him to stop. the priest asked for help so i turned my E-75 toward him and shot him, nothing,, so i head that way but I was to slow he shoved the priest over the edge, so I shot him again then he headed for me. i'm not sure it anyone else shot him but 75% of the team told me to kill him so i did.

oh i love the E-75.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #2990
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,292
You guys are submitting support tickets with replays when this kind of thing happens, right? TK's by shoving someone off a cliff/into deep water don't get caught by the servers, so if the guilty parties are not reported, they get away with it.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #2991
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
I'm not aware of them banning anyone for TK'ing.....it's getting to be really common in the random battles. The sooner they start, the better.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #2992
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
Black Prince in the garage.....
+1. What a mistake. Boy, if the British line is going to be anything like the BP, Church, or Valentine I can't see a lot of takers.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #2993
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
You guys are submitting support tickets with replays when this kind of thing happens, right? TK's by shoving someone off a cliff/into deep water don't get caught by the servers, so if the guilty parties are not reported, they get away with it.
dont know how to do a ticket in this game. but I do have the replays saved. And I did report him as did most of the people on our team.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #2994
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

File a support ticket at https://support.worldoftanks.com/ for things like this...be sure to include the replay file.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 AM   #2995
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Wargaming team, working on the first v.0.8.0 test.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #2996
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Yesterday I would have said I have not seen it much....now after lastnight I had it in two different games.....and yes I did report.

These are higher tier matches...the guys that TK are in level VII tanks....that is just insane....and both platooned and in the same clan.

On the positive side I could not win anything last night....but I do think I know what the most OP'ed tank is in the game....outside of every arty unit naturally ...... T18 Spend some time with this little speed demon....if I don't get at least 4 kills in a game....and that is me doing all the damage to the kill I have a bad game. This thing is so much fun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #2997
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Seriously, F this game. 10 straight losses in a row, 9 of them I was in the top three scorers on my team with a T-43 or KV-13 (so a lighter tank and small gun compared to my tier 7 and 8 counterparts), and we had the win handed to us 4 of those times - but the noob pubs don't want to win.

Hell, they don't even want to fight it seems. And my scoring isn't end-game, either, where it's easier to get hits and kills on a sure loss - it's making opportunities for my tier 8 and 9 tanks to kill the enemy as they keep turning around to shoot me, or numerous other things.

This game just gives no satisfaction for a solo player anymore. Having to rely upon 14 others, where in ten games of which have 10 to 13 unskilled players, isn't my idea of a good time anymore. If the average intelligence of a WoT player is representative of the world at all, I want off of this ride. Luckily, I'm sure it isn't since it is a free game, and many cultures and ages play it. Still... I think I'm going to re-invest in a pay-to-play game where people who can't get it don't often keep paying.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #2998
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I can echo you, but I am not to that point yet....I am however done spending money on this game.

There are some teams that just refuse to win....and truth be known I have had the best games with my tier II stuff vs the tier VII stuff.

I play this game with a different mind set then I did before....now I just don't care....I am not going to spend the entire game humping houses, or hills or rocks to hide from arty, and I am not going to wonder why there is so much ramming going on. People will come in and hit you and just keep pushing....I don't know how many I have killed just shooting.

I still enjoy the game, but no more money from my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Seriously, F this game. 10 straight losses in a row, 9 of them I was in the top three scorers on my team with a T-43 or KV-13 (so a lighter tank and small gun compared to my tier 7 and 8 counterparts), and we had the win handed to us 4 of those times - but the noob pubs don't want to win.

Hell, they don't even want to fight it seems. And my scoring isn't end-game, either, where it's easier to get hits and kills on a sure loss - it's making opportunities for my tier 8 and 9 tanks to kill the enemy as they keep turning around to shoot me, or numerous other things.

This game just gives no satisfaction for a solo player anymore. Having to rely upon 14 others, where in ten games of which have 10 to 13 unskilled players, isn't my idea of a good time anymore. If the average intelligence of a WoT player is representative of the world at all, I want off of this ride. Luckily, I'm sure it isn't since it is a free game, and many cultures and ages play it. Still... I think I'm going to re-invest in a pay-to-play game where people who can't get it don't often keep paying.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #2999
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

You guys should put those posts over on the WoT fourms where Wargaming staff can see them...not that I think they're going to do anything to improve the MM.....
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #3000
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

I really don't have a problem with MM as itself, but I think people are being stupid with the new 8.0. If they don't think they will win they will just drive into the water and kill the crew....I guess that saves a repair bill. Or they do a swan dive off a cliff for the fun. The water thing is easy...just give them a 100% repair bill, mistake or not.....not sure how you can fix the jumping off a cliff thing.

If the game is played right I like the updates in 8.....but my usual harp is the arty, it is too accurate, it should be a pure support role...but this is all dead horse stuff. Actually if they did change the arty I would re-up my prem account.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: