Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 399 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #3106
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
You can move the crew back and forth between the Stug and either of the two German Premium TD's without penalty or the need to retrain them. That's a perk of premiums....as long as the crew is trained in that style of vehicle. There would be a penalty if, for instance, you tried to run a Panther crew in a 8.8 JagdTiger. There would be no penalty to use that Panther crew in a Panther M10 or PzIV Schmalturm.
I feel so sorry for anyone on OPFOR then
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #3107
Czechsix
Slower than you....

Oddometer: 295
first game today, and yes of course I used gold rounds lol

Defeat
Battle: Westfield Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:58:46 AM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 1,071
Credits received: 129,109

(btw, repair costs - 7,605, ammo 48k or so)

Interesting post on that net/gross chart!
Neduro to Dakar 2012
TEAM F5 2012 WHAT A GREAT RIDE!
Czechsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #3108
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,834
I haven't even used Gold rounds in regular tanks yet today - been doing just fine without them... the wins or losses were down to the team's choices, not missed penetrations on my part.

And, really, that's all we're getting for Gold rounds - a better chance of penetration, but no increase in damage.
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #3109
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
And, really, that's all we're getting for Gold rounds - a better chance of penetration, but no increase in damage.
IMHO, if you chose your target wisely, you don't need gold rounds.....
Old 11-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #3110
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,716
Quote:
I haven't even used Gold rounds in regular tanks yet today - been doing just fine without them... the wins or losses were down to the team's choices, not missed penetrations on my part.

That's what I'm thinking. The top gun on most tanks don't usually have much trouble penning. I think it's going to be handy when you don't have the top gun though.
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #3111
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
That's what I'm thinking. The top gun on most tanks don't usually have much trouble penning.
You obviously don't own a Churchill

I think it will be beneficial for that last ditch arty round. I've had them on some of my mediums, but the cost outweighed the benefit. I got a KV-1 with a gold round in my SU25 the other day. He was surprised....lookin for an easy kill
Old 11-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #3112
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
You obviously don't own a Churchill

I think it will be beneficial for that last ditch arty round. I've had them on some of my mediums, but the cost outweighed the benefit. I got a KV-1 with a gold round in my SU25 the other day. He was surprised....lookin for an easy kill
No, but I have a M7 med with the 6 pounder. I'd go broke shooting gold rounds out of it though.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #3113
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,834
There is no doubt they'll be handy for the Churchill - some really good players I know of who use Churchills for fun keep about ten gold rounds in them for taking on pesky heavies in tier 5 or 6 matches.

I just finally used some gold rounds tonight from my T28 Prototype when I saw that the next tank I had to get rid of was another T28 Proto... then I proceeded to use more against any and all comers until my team around me ran away leaving my side exposed. Just like that, the tank that could have easily won the game for them was out of the battle (having done more damage than anyone else). Sniper award, very high XP for a loser, but that team lost the battle. The utter refusal to support teammates is why so many people lose battles.

Anyway, so that was some time Saturday until today that it took me to buy a Proto, grind the engine and last gun (used some free XP as well) for it, and then grind it to tier 9. That's 175,472 XP (for the proto, alone, not counting other tanks) I ground in under 6 days. 1570 average damage per battle for 238 games (destroyed 261 tanks in those 238 games).

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-01-2012 at 08:21 PM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #3114
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,714
Quote:
There is no doubt they'll be handy for the Churchill - some really good players I know of who use Churchills for fun keep about ten gold rounds in them for taking on pesky heavies in tier 5 or 6 matches.

I just finally used some gold rounds tonight from my T28 Prototype when I saw that the next tank I had to get rid of was another T28 Proto... then I proceeded to use more against any and all comers until my team around me ran away leaving my side exposed. Just like that, the tank that could have easily won the game for them was out of the battle (having done more damage than anyone else). Sniper award, very high XP for a loser, but that team lost the battle. The utter refusal to support teammates is why so many people lose battles.

Anyway, so that was some time Saturday until today that it took me to buy a Proto, grind the engine and last gun (used some free XP as well) for it, and then grind it to tier 9. That's 175,472 XP (for the proto, alone, not counting other tanks) I ground in under 6 days. 1570 average damage per battle for 238 games (destroyed 261 tanks in those 238 games).

Are you employed, sir?

Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #3115
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,714
Downloading the 8.1 patch now.

Golden Joystick code is: GGWP

Quote:
Bonus for first victory: 5x experience

Discount on Equipment: 50%

Discount on Garage Slots: 50%

Discount on crew tank training and retraining: 50%

Discount on crew skill retraining: 50%

The following vehicles will be offered at the credit price of the previous tier:

IS-8
T-54
ST-1
E-50
E-75
VK 4502 (P)
M46 Patton
M103
Lorraine 40t
AMX 50 120
Object 212
GW Tiger
M40/M43
Lorraine 155/51
AMX 50 Foch
T95
T30
Jagdtiger
SU-122-54T
Object 704

Up to a 15% gold discount for the following premium vehicles:

T34
Lowe
IS-6
T26E4 Super Pershing
8.8 cm Pak 43 JagdTiger

On top of all that, they're running a Dia de los muertos weekend, with the following specials:

Quote:
Discount on Premium consumables: 50%

50% credit discount on the following vehicles:

M7 Priest
AMX 12t
AMX 13 75
Credit income bonus: +100%

M7 Priest
AMX 12t
Credit income bonus: +50%

AMX 13 75
If there were ever a weekend to dedicate to this game, I think this is one of them.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 AM   #3116
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,374
I got to play a few games last night...boy british tanks are everywhere....in one game that is all that there was....execpt for one on each team.

I did play with "gold" rounds last night on my...you guessed it...churchill....I think it really shocked the T1 I was shooting at.

Don't forget there is a free prem this weekend (I think) as well.
FPGT72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #3117
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,071
well i did it.. i bought my beloved PZIV back, now called the PZIV S. my crew was very happy to get their tank back and even liked the modifications that WOTs did to it. yep it's the same old PZVI that WOT took away from us and replaced with that normal tier 5 thing. I didn't get to run many games with it last night and the maps I got sucked to try out how well it sniped but best i can tell it's still just as good as it was just sitting one tier higher. I don't mind this because it can pin point shots and work down tanks two tiers higher then it and even a few 3 tiers higher.

I'm happy.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #3118
papalobster
With Gusto!

I played the British tank a bit last night as well and went up one more level, got into the whiskey, and decided to grind through my x2's. I did come across a platoon of 3 Churchill one's. I got 2 of em with my E8

I found that if anyone wants to ensure a good solid loss, make sure I'm playing my Patton. I think I'm down to a 30% win rate. Last night in Ensk I was faced off against a Tiger P, he had 7 (SEVEN!) hit points left, I shot him 5 times in the driver view slot. 5! No damage at like 20 meters. I have to play my Stug twice to make up for every game I play in the Patton.

Yet in Westfield I one shotted a VK2801 at full health in the front.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 AM   #3119
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I played the British tank a bit last night as well and went up one more level, got into the whiskey, and decided to grind through my x2's. I did come across a platoon of 3 Churchill one's. I got 2 of em with my E8

I found that if anyone wants to ensure a good solid loss, make sure I'm playing my Patton. I think I'm down to a 30% win rate. Last night in Ensk I was faced off against a Tiger P, he had 7 (SEVEN!) hit points left, I shot him 5 times in the driver view slot. 5! No damage at like 20 meters. I have to play my Stug twice to make up for every game I play in the Patton.

Yet in Westfield I one shotted a VK2801 at full health in the front.
I don't recall, do you have the big 105 in it yet.
My win rate is only 42% in my Patton, but that's mostly from when I was running stock and grinding to the bug gun. I'd guess it's something just above 50% now because it's climbing slowly.

We should platoon up. Maybe that will help. Do you have Team Speak working?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #3120
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,367
I love the x5.

But I am pretty sure 99% of maps are not designed for a GWTiger. I'm seen paint dry faster than this thing moves. and if someone gets in close....yer fucked.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: