User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #301
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,240
I just started playing this game this weekend...it is quite fun...but it does take a while to make money. Finally got a PzIII.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #302
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 750
Yeah money can be a pain, infact its really the only thing you get for being premium wich is a bit of a scam in my opinion, but all in all its a fantastic game that will steal many of your waking hours if you let it...
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #303
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
Yeah money can be a pain, infact its really the only thing you get for being premium wich is a bit of a scam in my opinion, but all in all its a fantastic game that will steal many of your waking hours if you let it...
I will just work my way up....I am having fun with the PzII and PzIIIa. Them darn KV tanks they keep putting me in with one shot me.

If you guys are ever on, look for me, same name that I use here.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #304
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,787
Pz1v with the long gun is fun
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #305
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
FPGT, OConnor will get you added to the first post eventually. Add all of our user names from that post into your in-game contacts list....a lot of us will platoon when we're online. If you've got a microphone, we do have a Ventrilo server available, courtesy of Switchblade and the WOW group he plays with.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
Pz1v with the long gun is fun
My 35(t) is still sitting in the garage waiting on me to decide which way I want to go on this tree. I was grinding hard on the PzIII and M7 medium over the weekend. What I really need is Wargaming to put extra garage slots on sale for half price.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #306
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Skid, what gun did you run on your M7 MT???
Mostly I run the 6 pounder with the rammer and the gun laying drive. It doesn't do as much dmg as the 75 mm Gun M3L/37, but it has better penetration and I love the short reload time(2 sec). If I'm not trying to make money fast, I'll use the high octain gas because it also speeds up your turret traverse.
When I got my T20, I stole the rammer and laying drive from the M7. I put the camo net and binocs on the M7 and I've been sniping with it.
I've been running the 75 mm Gun M3L/3 a bit lately, but I still end up with the 6 pounder more often than not.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #307
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,172
Great minds think alike and so do ours.... I tried the 75 mm Gun M3L/37, but I can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn with it from the inside, so the 6 pounder has found a pretty permanent place in my loadout. I'm also running the camo net and binocs, mainly because I'm too cheap to buy another rammer and gun laying drive at the moment. Besides, with a 2 second reload, I don't think a 10% reduction is worth the credits. I'm playing it like the oversized, better armed M5 Stuart that it is. Had an epic run on Sunday with it on Steppes.....T4-T8 battle, started on the south side. I hung back in front of the arties with a couple of AMX 13-75's. The heavies split left and right. We had one T-50 try to make a scout run up the middle on us, but he didn't even get past the rocks in front of our base. We hung there a couple more minutes to let the battle develop and then made a mad dash right up the middle and surprised their arty and a couple of td's. Our left punched through and their heavies retreated on the right to defend.....they walked right into the ambush and, sadly, didn't make it....
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #308
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

The rammer, laying drive and gas are a good combo if you want to scout or go knock out loners. You can actually get some hits on the run or do the circle of death (works great on KVs). Scouts die fast though and it was getting kind of old.
It's almost like playing a new tank with the new setup and tactics.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #309
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Have you guys seen they are doing a battleship game....they should have come out with this during the winter....I think my grass is going to get tall this year
Old 03-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #310
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
Have you guys seen they are doing a battleship game....they should have come out with this during the winter....I think my grass is going to get tall this year
Both my sons are really jonesing for that game. I need some more RAM as it is. if anyone has 4 gigs of PC2 6400 laying around
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #311
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun. I signed up to be an Alpha tester for World of Warplanes. Haven't heard anything back yet.
I'm not much a flight sim guy, hopefully it isn't to technical.
Word is, there will be some sharing between the games. Gold for sure, I think free experience also.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #312
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
That sounds like a lot of fun. I signed up to be an Alpha tester for World of Warplanes. Haven't heard anything back yet.
I'm not much a flight sim guy, hopefully it isn't to technical.
Word is, there will be some sharing between the games. Gold for sure, I think free experience also.

It'll be interesting, because in a tank, there's only so much skill you can display as a driver. There's a much broader spectrum you can do in a plane, so good sim pilots will have an edge on noobs, unless they nerf the flight dynamics down to level the field... which would then suck enough for me to ignore the game.

Now battleships, that sounds really interesting. I love me some heavy iron.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #313
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
I'm glad somebody besides me recognizes this.....I hate it when I take an arty shot and have a "teammate" rush up and facehug my target while the shell is in the air. I always try to mark my targets if my guys are close, so if they get killed after I told them I was shooting, well, it ain't my fault that you stepped in front of my shell, now is it?

I need to hotkey that "attacking" function more. I've been playing the hell out of my SU-26 lately, offering precision-guided forward-deployed iron rain. In the lower ranked battles, I'm one-shotting quite a few noob tanks. Counterbattery is even better.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #314
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,363
FPGT72, Welcome aboard.

I wish this forum would put the 1st post in the thread at the top of every page ala WoT forum, that would be handy.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #315
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I need to hotkey that "attacking" function more. I've been playing the hell out of my SU-26 lately, offering precision-guided forward-deployed iron rain. In the lower ranked battles, I'm one-shotting quite a few noob tanks. Counterbattery is even better.
I got a friendly kill last night. Shot a hugger. Also got a 7 kill game with the Priest.

My accuracy started to decline with the receding level of my whiskey bottle too.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: