Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #3166
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,035
what did ya use to convert that?

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #3167
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,213
Ebein runs the replay with FRAPS running in the background, then I think he uses Windows Movie Maker to convert the AVI file to something that is a more manageable size for loading to YouTube.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #3168
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,149
I missed KV-1S steamrolling!

Need to pay more attention to TS eh?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #3169
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,035
I think I will download Fraps tonight.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #3170
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,720
I just had that elusive game I was looking for where, if I had done it during the x5, I would have earned over 10,000 XP. The last few times x5 came around I usually got two of them, but this time I kept getting under 10k XP.

So... it had to happen during a x2

But 4,106 XP for the x2 isn't bad... 5,651 damage, 15 pens for 16 shots, and the Sniper award as well.

One thing I cherish is +5,000 damage games (mainly with the IS-8, M103, T28 Prototype, and very rarely with the T34 heavy). It just feels good to know I was in the game in the right way, but two +5000 damage games have ended up losses in the last two months, so it may not really matter.

Many of my +5000 damage games were against tier tens when I was in a tier or two lower. I think I've only ever had one 5000 damage game with my tier ten, so that seems to say something about the extra mobility of tier 9's (tier 9 heavies that is - I don't have the biggest gun on my Patton yet, but even if I did I don't think it can contribute like other tier 9's can).
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #3171
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Speaking of which... the IS is getting the MM shaft since 8.1. Used to roll through cities, laying destruction in my wake. Not so much anymore. Haven't survived a match in a while.

But I do love the T25/2. Hide, snipes very well. I did have a t95 push me out of my hiding place this morning, but his dumb ass was completely useless. The other team found out where he was (desert valley map thing) and just avoided his line of fire. Stupid tanks. No idea why anyone would play them.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #3172
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
I missed KV-1S steamrolling!

Need to pay more attention to TS eh?
Yep. I'm usually on it if I'm playing even if no one else is.

The steamroll was great. I've had many battles where I suddenly wonder where the other team went, but that was the first I've had where I was out front and simply drove to cap without a worry in the world.

BTW, Smurf stole all of my kills.

SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #3173
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,728
I used my Patton to great effect last night holding off 3 tier 9&10 heavies until ours caught up in arctic. I then ran ahead and caused an Obj 263 to back into the water and kill himself. We lost and I died (an IS8 left cap to chase me down), but still made some credits on that battle.

Also played Abby, 3 kills, 5 damaged, won an dmade 47k credits. I still have several hundred thousand million xp to go to make the M48
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #3174
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
The steamroll was great. I've had many battles where I suddenly wonder where the other team went, but that was the first I've had where I was out front and simply drove to cap without a worry in the world.
When the match loaded and we saw the oppostion (E8 and M10 at the top of their list), I think we both started thinking about just making a run for cap and running over anybody that tried to get in the way...and half the team followed our lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
BTW, Smurf stole all of my kills.

I didn't steal them. As I recall the conversation, you gave me the Pz III/IV because you saw that I was set up to run him over. I shot the Matilda outside of cap after you stole the A13 from me, you missed the SU-26 and you didn't even try for the Hetzer. I don't think there was any theft involved. I just wish I could have reloaded in time to shoot at the SU-85 before the match ended.

MN_Smurf screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 09:28 AM
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #3175
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post

But I do love the T25/2. Hide, snipes very well. I did have a t95 push me out of my hiding place this morning, but his dumb ass was completely useless. ... Stupid tanks. No idea why anyone would play them.
I used to feel the same. However, when that T25/s becomes a T28 Prototype for you, and your world of mobility crumbles around you, you too may start reconsidering the T95. Why?

The drastic chance in play style that the T28 Proto has led me down (for it's own success) may eventually, if I'm smart, change the speed and outlook I use to go through enemies on other tanks as well.

The lack of speed coupled with the huge armor really seemed to help me be the tank I needed to be. I wrote off ever using the T95 until after having fully researched the T28 Proto... now I'm not so sure it would be a useless or unrewarding path.

I liked the T25/2 as well, and brother - I'm willing to bet you've got the same education coming to you that I had to go through with the Proto. (Keep in mind that my 'education' and use of the Proto was for five serious days... from buying it, learning it, and researching it out to the T30 on the fifth day... what I learned I learned by focusing on it, and it pays to use XVM for the slower T28's or T95 as you will better expect a team to fail and, thus, need you at base, or if a team will benefit from having you pushing a flank with them).
Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3176
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,669
Researched the IS-7, now just grinding credits unless I get bored and just buy them. Gonna flip my IS crew up, I think, they're most experienced in that line, move the IS-8 crew down, and sell the -8.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #3177
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
The lack of speed coupled with the huge armor really seemed to help me be the tank I needed to be.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #3178
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Researched the IS-7, now just grinding credits unless I get bored and just buy them.
I've had the T110E3 and the IS-7 researched for almost a year now. Last week I made it to 5.3M silver before I dumped almost all of it for T28, a T25/2, and a couple other mid-tier tanks. I even have my current T34 crew trained to operate the T110; I just can't be bothered to buy it.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #3179
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Researched the IS-7, now just grinding credits unless I get bored and just buy them. Gonna flip my IS crew up, I think, they're most experienced in that line, move the IS-8 crew down, and sell the -8.
Have you read the most recent thread about the IS-7?

The IS-7 is now seriously underwhelming.

I am part of a clan (Rebellion) that is considered 'good,' and we are a subset of a 'great' clan (Guerrillas), and neither are really using the IS-7 anymore.

I would strongly urge you to consider that the IS-7 is one of the original tier tens, and that it has been eclipsed by newer tanks to the point of being not used for even pub matches by many.

So, IMHO, it is a gamble to buy one now. Buying one now means the buyer fully expects some Buff, or a few Buffs, to make the tank better like they did to the E-100 (that was out of favor and hardly used for over a year). Yes, there are still Russian devs, so perhaps the IS-7 stands the best chance of seeing Buff... but until it happens I'd save my silver and just enjoy the IS-8 with its biggest gun.

As an aside, my clan leaders suggested that since so few of us see IS-7's any more, for a few of us to train up how to shoot them in training rooms. I wasn't embarrassed to say that I'd like practice (because I always like to know how to pen every tank), so two IS-7 guys brought their tanks into a few training room sessions with my IS-4. We switched shots back and forth until I had to stop shooting them to let them catch up to the damage I was putting out, then I finished both of them off with them trying to shoot me (all from frontal shooting though.. they weren't using their IS-7s' speed to get around me like they could have).

Just two nights ago this came up in TS, and I heard people who seem to know stating that the E5 was the new IS-7, being better in just about every area over the IS-7.

I can't claim to know for sure if they're all correct about it, but ... the only time I've used one (someone's account for clan wars when they didn't have enough members playing) the IS-7's gun seemed horrible.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-06-2012 at 11:25 AM
Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #3180
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,669
Well, hell. Guess I should have asked before I blew the 160k xp on it. At least the -8 is Elite now, but damn.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: