Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #3212
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
i still like the amx 40
its funny to have stuff just bounce off of you
In looking at tanks I like to look at the other tanks in the same tier....I think this is one of the better in its tier.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:02 AM   #3213
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
In looking at tanks I like to look at the other tanks in the same tier....I think this is one of the better in its tier.
It might be better for armor, but it's slooooooooooow and it's gun is weak.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #3214
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
Yeah, but if part of the team supports it while it is being a damage sponge, it can work well.

My favorite at its tier used to be the T-28 Russian, but I think they may have taken away the gun I used to use on it.

The PzIII's speed was cool, but its guns were not.

---------

I picked up a Tiger II because I was under the understanding that normalization helped it as well. Instead, increasingly it seems that for as big as the tank is, its armor is made of tin foil.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:54 AM   #3215
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I picked up a Tiger II because I was under the understanding that normalization helped it as well. Instead, increasingly it seems that for as big as the tank is, its armor is made of tin foil.

the Tiger II and the E-75 are better. the trick is finding the right position to get them so it works. My ammo racks take a beating every time I take the Tiger II out. and i don't know how far up graded you have it but it's crap until you get the 2ed turret, it's not a front line tank unless it's rolling with 2 more.

I know it's soft spots and can mow it down fast even with a PZIV. dont throw it by the curb yet. play it play it and play it. it becomes fun once you learn all teh tricks to it. and camo really helps it out a lot Standstrong has a new one and no camo yet, I can be right beside him and they will eat him alive wile I'm firing as fast as him and I never get spotted. yes. you can learn to hide that big tank.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #3216
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
What is the better tier IV....not a scout, but a regular tank....Lee, not really, PzIII not really......all the tier 4 tanks suck so bad you can't wait to get past them. You can have fun with tier 3,5,2....anything else, but 4 is the worst tier in the entire game.

Put the amx40 up to just other tier 4 tanks and it can hold its own very well.

If you look at the stats I have the most games of any of my tanks in the PzIII....I wish they would put the IV tier tanks in where they could have a fricken chance, but you are always the bottom guy in with tier VI tanks, and you just get fisted every game.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #3217
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,705
You forgot the new British mediums in tier 4!
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #3218
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
You forgot the new British mediums in tier 4!
I have not found one there that I like much.....the Matilda is close, but I always get matched in games that are hard to win. Tier 4 is just a real hard bracket if you are not a scout. I like that range of tanks, but they are very hard to play.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #3219
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
I have not found one there that I like much.....the Matilda is close, but I always get matched in games that are hard to win. Tier 4 is just a real hard bracket if you are not a scout. I like that range of tanks, but they are very hard to play.
Meh, even scouting isn't that much fun... At least the 2 tier 4 scouts that I know of, it isn't uncommon to get put in tier 9 matches... Boy is THAT a load of fun
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #3220
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
the Tiger II and the E-75 are better. the trick is finding the right position to get them so it works. My ammo racks take a beating every time I take the Tiger II out. and i don't know how far up graded you have it but it's crap until you get the 2ed turret, it's not a front line tank unless it's rolling with 2 more.

I know it's soft spots and can mow it down fast even with a PZIV. dont throw it by the curb yet. play it play it and play it. it becomes fun once you learn all teh tricks to it. and camo really helps it out a lot Standstrong has a new one and no camo yet, I can be right beside him and they will eat him alive wile I'm firing as fast as him and I never get spotted. yes. you can learn to hide that big tank.
Thank you for that advice!

A number of my crew have the camo skill at about 80-some percent, plus I run a camo net on it. I actually did have one better game with it when in a tier ten battle where I placed myself to shoot tier 9's... but somehow, with me going solo against two of their tier 9's and tying them up, my team fell around me, so I blew up soon afterward. That was really luck of having a well-placed building to keep them from shooting me more than I was shooting them though.

Perhaps more training room time is in order for me. I've never shot, practiced or driven a Tiger II in training to see what it can and can't do.

I think what would help is a Tiger II guide write-up, but I haven't found a comprehensive one yet.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #3221
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
I haven't found a lot on playing them ether. All I know is from playing it for so long to get the E-75. The great thing is the E-75 plays almost exactly like the Tiger 2. I'll do a training room with you in my Tiger 2 and the E-75 if we are both on. But the most important thing to portect is the sides. Any shot from middle foward above the track will almost always get the ammo. Also never keep the turret pointed strate at anyhing fireing at you angle it just a little. This shouldn't work but it does. It is also a tank that fires good backing up or even moveing foward at the lowest speed. I've been called a hacker more with the Tiger 2 then any other tank because of what I have learned in makeing that front armor work like it should. Doesn't always work but when it does it pisses people off because they are use to eating them alive and now they are bounceing shots as I kill them.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #3222
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barike View Post
Meh, even scouting isn't that much fun... At least the 2 tier 4 scouts that I know of, it isn't uncommon to get put in tier 9 matches... Boy is THAT a load of fun
At least they have some speed....the rest are pretty darn slow....and what is everyones favorite target.....Tier 4 Lee.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #3223
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
I haven't found a lot on playing them ether. All I know is from playing it for so long to get the E-75. The great thing is the E-75 plays almost exactly like the Tiger 2. I'll do a training room with you in my Tiger 2 and the E-75 if we are both on. But the most important thing to portect is the sides. Any shot from middle foward above the track will almost always get the ammo. Also never keep the turret pointed strate at anyhing fireing at you angle it just a little. This shouldn't work but it does. It is also a tank that fires good backing up or even moveing foward at the lowest speed. I've been called a hacker more with the Tiger 2 then any other tank because of what I have learned in makeing that front armor work like it should. Doesn't always work but when it does it pisses people off because they are use to eating them alive and now they are bounceing shots as I kill them.

Yup. I sat in front of an IS3 the other day, about 20' apart. He must not have had the top gun, because he couldn't pen the T2. I just sat there and reduced his HP shot after shot.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #3224
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
Quote:
At least they have some speed....the rest are pretty darn slow....and what is everyones favorite target.....Tier 4 Lee.
They do have speed, but above tier 7, everyone but the n00b wallet warriors know how to lead a target, so either I'm a really crappy scout driver, or the speed doesn't account for much :(
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #3225
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barike View Post
They do have speed, but above tier 7, everyone but the n00b wallet warriors know how to lead a target, so either I'm a really crappy scout driver, or the speed doesn't account for much :(
Duck and weave baby....never fly in a straight line....I did pretty well during the time I had with the ELC....I may buy it back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: