User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 382 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #3316
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,139
I did SU-85 and SU-100 back in beta ... the SU-152 convinced me to give up the Soviet TD line. Lots of differences between then and now.

One thing about SU-85 this time around ... I never upgraded the gun. Doing so is a 15% drop in AP DPS, and the trade is 120 pen to 144 pen. Neither can pen the front of a T7 heavy, but both can pen the side. On the HE side, the upgraded gun is much, much worse. A 30% drop in DPS is inexcusable. I definitely miss the 107mm from before the nerf, but the TD still hits hard and conceals easily. I regularly do 500 to 1500 damage win or loss; not bad for a vehicle with 350 hp.

I have plenty of free XP saved for the 100mm when it is time to upgrade. Not so much with the credits. I keep telling myself to save silver for the tier 10 stuff. Oops.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #3317
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,665
I flat out skipped the Tiger II in favor of the E-75. Grinding it hard now, soooo much xp for component research. At least it's not stock, but it ain't pimped either. Just got my ass handed to me by a Su-152 Derpapottomus.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #3318
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I flat out skipped the Tiger II in favor of the E-75. Grinding it hard now, soooo much xp for component research. At least it's not stock, but it ain't pimped either. Just got my ass handed to me by a Su-152 Derpapottomus.

the E-75 once maxed out is nice. i did everything except for the motor first. this was a big mistake. get off road driving for it as well. it makes a BIG difference on this tank.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #3319
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,289
I saw last night that they are doing Chinese tanks.....what is the point, they are soviet copies for the most part.

I would like to see some of the odd balls out there.....I would love a Super Sherman from the arab wars....I think it would fit with the game....just a sherman with a french 105 IIRC....there are bunches of tanks from those early wars that had all kinds of different stuff on them....all using the base tanks that are already in the game....even the arabs had shermans with goofy turrets and upgraded guns. I think a branch of the desert wars of the late 40's-60's would fit very well in this game.

Doubt we will ever see that tho....russians/soviets and israel are not the best of friends....or they would nerf the hell out of the IDF tanks...not unlike the nerf of the germans.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #3320
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I saw last night that they are doing Chinese tanks.....what is the point, they are soviet copies for the most part.
It's about making $$$, why do you think the Golden Type 59 is only available in China.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #3321
Roam
If you want to

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
I found the 100 to be nothing till you got the top gun.....sounds like everything in the game....then it is pretty nice but with a SLOW reload.

I prefer the 2nd highest gun on the su-100. The reload on the 122mm is just too slow. The Su-100 has been my most effective TD by a pretty large margin.

Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #3322
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
It's about making $$$, why do you think the Golden Type 59 is only available in China.
That Type 59 is ridiculous, I can't imagine what it was like before the nerfs. Yes they can be killed, I make it a point to help kill them every chance I get. It also seems like there are quite a few low-end players that opted to buy the supertank in place of earning a T8, it's when the vet players have them that really sucks especially in pods.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #3323
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
I prefer the 2nd highest gun on the su-100. The reload on the 122mm is just too slow. T
+1, plus a better accuracy for distance shooting, all at the same pen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
That Type 59 is ridiculous, I can't imagine what it was like before the nerfs. Yes they can be killed, I make it a point to help kill them every chance I get. It also seems like there are quite a few low-end players that opted to buy the supertank in place of earning a T8, it's when the vet players have them that really sucks especially in pods.
I just started running my T-44 with one or two talented 59's since yesterday. We win more than we lose. Whatever a 59 is made of, they seem just a hair better balanced than any fully upgraded tier 8 regular medium. That isn't what the original intent of premiums was supposed to be (instead they should be somewhere in the mid-upgrade range of the tier they sit at), but that's the way it is now.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 06:38 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #3324
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,002
Just unlocked the T20 Tier 7.

Hmmmm.. to go with the fast reload but doesn't penetrate gun or to go with the "holy cow I'm going to die before this reloads" gun
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #3325
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,004
Victory!
Battle: Himmelsdorf Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:44:09 PM
Vehicle: E-75
Experience received: 1,642
Credits received: 50,764
Battle Achievements: Dumitru's medal, Radley-Walters's medal, Steel Wall, Top Gun

WOOT!!!

anyone willing to convert that file for me? I cant buy Fraps till after the first of the year.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.

Switchblade315 screwed with this post 11-20-2012 at 07:32 PM
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #3326
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

Hmmmm.. to go with the fast reload but doesn't penetrate gun or to go with the "holy cow I'm going to die before this reloads" gun
Biggest gun, use it like a AMX 12/13 75/90 to sweep in, get your shot and keep scooting out.

It's still fine with peek-a-boo and over-hill-crest shots IIRC, and will expose you less since you are taking less shots.

Camo skills on all crew + net worked for me and that tank - hiding until a shot presents itself. I would sometimes use the speed to get to less common locations, fast, then let the enemies and friendlies catch up and light each other up.

---

Congrats Switch on that good game.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #3327
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,788
russian arty nice splash damage
think i'll top gun the s-51, and then stop the line
and the gw panther is a longer distance tank killer
turreted gun rocks
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #3328
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
anyone willing to convert that file for me? I cant buy Fraps till after the first of the year.
Switch, you have a PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 AM   #3329
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post

I played it like a sniper....with the big gun. I found at this level...with people getting in hits in much smaller and much faster tanks zipping in just was not going to work for me. Hide, take you one shot....then run like hell....if you don't run the arty will find you and kill you...unless you are house humping....then when things wind down go arty hunting...it does pretty well at that.

Personally I could not wait to get out of that tank...and it is quite the grind to the Pershing.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #3330
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,327
so from what I can tell, Type 59's are like assholes. everyone's got one, and I can't penetrate em from the front.

it's getting old.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: