User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 231 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #3361
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,273
It the opposite, regular TD crews can be used in premium (GOLD) TD without performance penalty.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #3362
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,733
The E-75 didn't get the bulldozer effect until I got the top motor. At that point I too adjusted my play stile. Up until i got the 1200hp motor I stayed as far away from other tanks as I could. I have found that if you can push someone around it really messes with there head and if you can push them sideways it really screws with them.

The E-75 still has bad soft spots but it has its moments.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #3363
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
took all night to up load the video but I got the one for that E-75 match up for y'all.

Enjoy
Wow, that was a really good game for ya. I wasn't looking at the map, but by the time you ensconced yourself into those three TD's it seemed like you were all alone. That JagTiger was all set up - by you - for a teammate to safely shoot his sides, yet ???!??!? ... You still had to turn around to address him.

Then, at the top of the hill, again, three arty just sitting there waiting to die? But with no teammates there to help, lol...

Awesome game though. Sometimes, when it all works out that well, one has to wonder how it would have turned out had you not spent the time that some could criticize to shoot over the ledge at the smaller tanks earlier on - had you taken that time to move in, would it have given the other team's TD's and tanks the advantage and would they have had you for dinner instead? I say that because some of my best games have been when my game crashed at the beginning, and I had to reload and then enter the fight a little delayed.

Now that you've developed that play style, you may want to think about buying the KV-5 if it ever comes up for sale again. It has the speed, the armor (and, with using gold rounds sometimes, the gun) and the monster push-ability.

---

I finally got the top gun, but not the top engine or turret, on the Patton. It is doing better (with Gold rounds ... penned 3 times and killed an IS-4 from the front with it), but I still would rather have a T-54 I think. But I just got my "1" for the Patton, and am looking for that Ace tanker ( soon I hope).

Also, for the guys contemplating their first tier 10 to buy, I'm going to say you can't really go wrong with the IS-4 for your first. The 110E5 is reportedly as good in different ways, but for something close to a Maus or E-100 in staying-power on the battlefield, but with more speed and a great gun, I'm happy my IS-4 is my tier ten at the moment (with its spall liner). I'm thinking, too, that the easiest routes up to tier ten that I've seen, in as far as good tier 8/9 tanks, are the T32/M103 and the KV-4/ST-I. I'm writing that from the not-fully-upgraded standpoints, where the KV-4 is a capable tank with even its 175-pen gun (aim well with it, but then you have the time since you have the armor). Obviously the E-75 is good, but I'm still thinking the KV-4 near stock was better / easier than the Tiger II.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 08:28 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #3364
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

yeah the Tiger 2 isn't a easy tank to get through but the E-75 makes it worth it in the end. and I do like playing the Tiger 2 still.

I also think me stopping to take the shots at the smaller tanks made the charge at the TDs more of a surprise for them when i did it. And I too had the feel of taking the hill solo. I know a few more tanks went up there but the only one I remember seeing after I charged was the type 59 that showed up at the tiger. I guess what you have a good game you just have a good game.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #3365
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,508
Well, so far, every game I play in the E-75 either has me low- or mid-ranked with a ton of tier ten's, or I find myself so ganged up on that no matter what I do I'm dead inside a minute.

I have the L/52 10,5cm gun on, max engine, upgraded turret, max radio and tracks. Just looking at that 12.5cm gun or the other 10.5 for future investment, but that's it at this point.

So with the way my games go, I can only afford to run it once, than run 5-10 battles in my Churchill to regain credits before I run the E-75 again, cause that fucker's expensive to lose badly in.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #3366
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Well, so far, every game I play in the E-75 either has me low- or mid-ranked with a ton of tier ten's, or I find myself so ganged up on that no matter what I do I'm dead inside a minute.

I have the L/52 10,5cm gun on, max engine, upgraded turret, max radio and tracks. Just looking at that 12.5cm gun or the other 10.5 for future investment, but that's it at this point.

So with the way my games go, I can only afford to run it once, than run 5-10 battles in my Churchill to regain credits before I run the E-75 again, cause that fucker's expensive to lose badly in.

LOL you did see it made 50k on that battle and I only kept 330 coins. at lest get the top 105 , it's much better with the bigger tanks, so much so that i almost went back to it before i adjusted to the 12.5. But the 12.5 makes you slow down and really place your shots. reload is so long. i found that the 12.5 didn't spend any more coins then the 10.5 did because you fire it less.

on a good run it can clear a few k coins. I off set it with the PZIV with the short 105 normally 2 runs with the PZ will cover the E-75 on a loss.

Old 11-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #3367
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,181
I am fairly new to WOT, but I am learning. Subscribed
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #3368
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
LOL you did see it made 50k on that battle and I only kept 330 coins. at lest get the top 105 , it's much better with the bigger tanks, so much so that i almost went back to it before i adjusted to the 12.5. But the 12.5 makes you slow down and really place your shots. reload is so long. i found that the 12.5 didn't spend any more coins then the 10.5 did because you fire it less.

on a good run it can clear a few k coins. I off set it with the PZIV with the short 105 normally 2 runs with the PZ will cover the E-75 on a loss.
I would just be happy not going 20,000 credits down every time I played it. No kidding. Something is very wrong with the way I drive that tank, no matter whether I rush in, hang back, go alone, or wolfpack with other 9's and 10's. I can't seem to do it right, ever.
Smithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #3369
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
I would just be happy not going 20,000 credits down every time I played it. No kidding. Something is very wrong with the way I drive that tank, no matter whether I rush in, hang back, go alone, or wolfpack with other 9's and 10's. I can't seem to do it right, ever.
Are you shooting gold rounds? How are you going 20K down?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #3370
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,632
A buddy and I are playing.. we'll join teamspeak in case anyone's looking for some platoon fun
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #3371
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,255
After giving it some time to grow on me, I've decided that Dragon Ridge should be removed.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #3372
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
After giving it some time to grow on me, I've decided that Dragon Ridge should be removed.
I gave it a second chance as well. It just seems like it should be a map for 50 or 60 players, since west is so often just a waste of time otherwise.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #3373
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I gave it a second chance as well. It just seems like it should be a map for 50 or 60 players, since west is so often just a waste of time otherwise.

I have had a couple decent battles on it, but for the most part it's just a horrible map. Too big, too slow.
add another 20 people and it might be good.
But once you're dead, it can tie up your tank for 15 minutes
Old 11-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #3374
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
But once you're dead, it can tie up your tank for 15 minutes
I've had good battles on it, too, but... if it ties up your tank for 15 minutes after your death in a 15 minute game... you're doing something wrong, lol.

I have something like 20 tanks anyway, so... no big deal.

--------

I am trying out another game - pretty much like WoT, but with airplanes. "War Thunder" is its name. I'm in biplanes and, just like in WoT, going against higher-tier planes

But just like WoT, eventually you level up (I guess - haven't leveled up yet).
Old 11-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #3375
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I've had good battles on it, too, but... if it ties up your tank for 15 minutes after your death in a 15 minute game... you're doing something wrong, lol.

I have something like 20 tanks anyway, so... no big deal.

--------

I am trying out another game - pretty much like WoT, but with airplanes. "War Thunder" is its name. I'm in biplanes and, just like in WoT, going against higher-tier planes

But just like WoT, eventually you level up (I guess - haven't leveled up yet).

Sometimes my technique is....suspect
last time on it with GWPanther I never even got a shot off before I got wiped out at my teams base.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: