Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 445 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #3391
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Are you playing Arty? if so, that is a normal thing.
Arty, TD, Med and Light tanks... I do get more even matchups in the others than SPG's but its still mostly trying not to get one-shotted by a Tier 5

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #3392
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
I'm sure it's been covered, but what is the add on that shows stats in game? not like i really wanna see my own, but....
XVM

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...r-ratings-mod/
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #3393
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,755
Ok, on the E-75, I'm about to the point where I can upgrade from the L52 to L68 gun. Both are 10.5cm, the upgrade gets better penetration.

Or I can wait 20k xp to get the 12.5... but if I pull the trigger on the 68, that's another 63,000 xp for the big gun.

What says the wisdom of the clan?
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 AM   #3394
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Ok, on the E-75, I'm about to the point where I can upgrade from the L52 to L68 gun. Both are 10.5cm, the upgrade gets better penetration.

Or I can wait 20k xp to get the 12.5... but if I pull the trigger on the 68, that's another 63,000 xp for the big gun.

I don't know if it is the right thing to do, but for me it depends on the tank. With the Tiger II I was bouncing everything with the base gun....I think it is the same gun on the tiger, so I did the middle gun.

If I am doing damage then I will just keep saving for the biggest gun.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #3395
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post

The wisdom from this corner, lol, would have been to research the L68 when you had the Tiger II (and to always do so with the smallest tank one can in any line; never research something with the next tank up unless it's just a radio). And you can still do it if you own the Tiger II. That's a really tough position to be in, but if you're being effective and, I'm assuming, using Gold rounds, I'd just wait for the 12.5 now.

I have the L52 on the Tiger II and don't think too much of it. Gold rounds on the L52 bring it to an average pen of about 244, so two less than the 12.5, but criminy... your armor better be sent from the Gods if you meet my IS-8's gun on the battlefield while you're popping me with a 10.5 cm gun. Strange though, I swear my Tiger II does like ... an average of 250 damage, but the stats show it averages 300 damage.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #3396
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
The wisdom from this corner, lol, would have been to research the L68 when you had the Tiger II (and to always do so with the smallest tank one can in any line; never research something with the next tank up unless it's just a radio). And you can still do it if you own the Tiger II. That's a really tough position to be in, but if you're being effective and, I'm assuming, using Gold rounds, I'd just wait for the 12.5 now.

I have the L52 on the Tiger II and don't think too much of it. Gold rounds on the L52 bring it to an average pen of about 244, so two less than the 12.5, but criminy... your armor better be sent from the Gods if you meet my IS-8's gun on the battlefield while you're popping me with a 10.5 cm gun. Strange though, I swear my Tiger II does like ... an average of 250 damage, but the stats show it averages 300 damage.

With the big gun (whatever it is) I normally do 250-280 dmg. It is quite accurate all the way across the map though.

I am liking the su-100 with the BOOMSTICK and the amx13/75 recently. I die a lot in the 13/75, but it sure is fun to harass enemy tanks while the heavies are dicing. Roll in, ping them from behind or the sides, make them rotate their turrets so your team can take a peakabo shot with impunity.... Hard to survive it, though. 13/90 should be fun as well.

Higher tier arty is pretty good at TD mode scout killing, I've found. Annoying.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #3397
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Roll in, ping them from behind or the sides, make them rotate their turrets so your team can take a peakabo shot with impunity....
You're doing something right if your teammates are taking advantage of situations you create.

When I say most, I mean damned-near all, pub teammates I'm with wait about 20 seconds too long to make any move on situations I create for them (in any tank, not just the AMX). In fact, if they'd just extended the maps to be bigger while keeping the bases where they are, I swear I've get high-tier teammates that would go backward from the initial spawn if they had the option and weren't limited to the confines of the current maps for their hiding until they secure the loss.

That's funny that you and I have the same two tanks we're working up. I thought I may go with the SU-152, but despite the bad news I've heard about some of the line, I may try the other TD line from the SU-100. But, then, the SU-100 is OK enough that I may as well train both lines before I get rid of it.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #3398
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,249
Last night I think I talked him into the 12.5cm gun. It is the boomstick.

So I bought a bunch of gold rounds with silver. (I guess not gold rounds anymore, eh?) I've yet to fire one. I realized that I haven't used a gold shell since closed beta and don't really care to start now. Nonetheless, I did stock up on APCR for my T34.

However, I have been subjected to a lot more incoming gold rounds lately. Must have to do with the three TDs (yeah, SU-100 too!) that I am currently working on in parallel. In particular, the T28 is quite a challenge atm.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #3399
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,249
Quote:
The lowdown on Operations

An announcement will go up on the community portal the day before an event begins, and while the event is active you’ll receive in-game notifications telling you of the medal to earn.
When earning the medal, you’ll automatically receive bonus rewards at the end of the battle. You’ll be able to see the bonus reward by opening up your battle results and checking the “Detailed Report” tab. You’ll find the reward listed as “for event” in either the Credits or Experience section.
Wait… credits or experience?!

That’s right—earning medals appropriate to the Operation will reward you with either credits or experience. This is generally based on the difficulty to achieve a medal, but will also change from time to time to offer a different reward.
Some examples*:
While “Operation Top Gun” is active, earning the Top Gun medal will reward you with 20,000 additional credits.
While “Operation Invader” is active, earning the Invader medal will reward you with 1,000 additional experience.
While “Operation Steel Wall” is active, earning the Steel Wall medal will reward you with 7,000 additional credits.
Operation Invader is going to increase the TK rate through the roof.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #3400
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Yeah, I'm saving for the 12.5. I skipped the Tiger II, though, which is why the other gun wasn't researched. Just researched the line to get to the E... figured it'd be cheaper in the long run.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #3401
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Operation Invader is going to increase the TK rate through the roof.
What, with "Mine, stay away" fire? That could get ugly. Wonder if the 1k xp is worth the TK penalties. Hardly seems worth it.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #3402
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
I am liking the su-100 with the BOOMSTICK ...
I like that big gun on the 100 as well....sure it is slow but it does hit with some punch....I debate on going past it....I also kept the su85...I like that thing so much I spent the gold on some cammo paint.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #3403
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Well, Smithy, that makes more sense then.

janeuner, I'm just not sure how you couldn't use gold rounds if you have them with the T34. Sure, it has an awesome gun, but when push comes to shove in a Tier 10 battle and I'm holding one flank by myself in a T34, I'm using Gold rounds by that point. Admittedly, in the past before I had gold rounds I could still pen tier 10 mediums from the front (and held back a flank of American tier 10 110E5's and M48's for the eventual win), but Gold rounds make it nicer. And that damned 4502P isn't so impenetrable with them.

Keep in mind that you make more Silver when you pen higher tiers, so... it may be worth it. Especially so when gold rounds are half price.

I have some ... bad (rumor) news ... for some of you.

I just got word that the Type 59 - you know, that tank so many in this thread despise? - may be buffed next patch to be able to do 20 more average HP of damage per shot with no other changes to the tank. Coupled with Gold rounds, it will become a little nightmare again for some of ya.

---

SU-100. Initially, after like 2 games with it I gave up on the big gun,and went one gun back down to have the same penetration but better accuracy and a faster reload (mainly for maps like El Haluf). So a day ago I was playing in a platoon and one-shotting too many tanks, and having a good time of it, and sniping just fine. I checked and somehow I had switched it back to the big gun without remembering it. Sure enough, I'm a big-gun convert now.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #3404
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,299
The SU-100 w/ 122mm gun is a blast to play with.....sometimes you even get lucky and two-shot full health KV-4's.

Setting other tanks on fire is a wonderful thing.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #3405
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,924
If I sell off a tank that has accumulated say, 80k xp, it's elited and what not, but I just don't feel like playing it anymore. What happens to the experience points when I sell it?
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: