Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 540 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #3406
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
If I sell off a tank that has accumulated say, 80k xp, it's elited and what not, but I just don't feel like playing it anymore. What happens to the experience points when I sell it?
I think you can convert them to free exp with gold....otherwise they just sit there and you can do it later.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #3407
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,498
Just don't get rid of the crew with that tank, use the crew on a premium vehicle of same class, keep them until the next time 1/2 price crew training comes up.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #3408
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
The SU-100 w/ 122mm gun is a blast to play with.....sometimes you even get lucky and two-shot full health KV-4's.

Setting other tanks on fire is a wonderful thing.

Make sure to type "BURN, BITCH!" in the in-game chat.... Its good to make friends that way.

"Ok, listen up you primitive screw-heads..."

Old 11-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #3409
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Yeah, I'm saving for the 12.5. I skipped the Tiger II, though, which is why the other gun wasn't researched. Just researched the line to get to the E... figured it'd be cheaper in the long run.

Now i understand why the E-75 made you feel so bad about losing coins. if you had played the Tiger 2 the E-75 wouldn't have felt so bad to you. 1 it would have been fairly upgraded from the start, also you would have been playing the E-75 like the Tiger 2 starting off and it wouldn't have sucked so bad because you would have cussed the Tiger 2 so much for it's suckage that the E-75 would have felt so much better from the get go.

You'll get it, you're learning curve is just a lot harsher then anyone that suffered through the Tiger 2.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #3410
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Now i understand why the E-75 made you feel so bad about losing coins. if you had played the Tiger 2 the E-75 wouldn't have felt so bad to you. 1 it would have been fairly upgraded from the start, also you would have been playing the E-75 like the Tiger 2 starting off and it wouldn't have sucked so bad because you would have cussed the Tiger 2 so much for it's suckage that the E-75 would have felt so much better from the get go.

You'll get it, you're learning curve is just a lot harsher then anyone that suffered through the Tiger 2.

LOL, Smithy taking the fast-track to misery is making me feel better about spending time in the Tiger II.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #3411
OLDNX
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Photobucket

24 shots, 21 hits , 8 kills . 505 cap.
I think I will name her BUN-BUN Photobucket

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck
OLDNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #3412
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,151
I'm about 15 battles away from getting out of the M12 and into the M40/43. Now I need to make some silver as I'll need about a million yet so I started playing the Church again. Needs a bigger gun

I loaded some gold rounds into the M36 last night. Good timing too, defending El Halluf 2 KV-5's decided it would be a great idea to platoon and steam roll east to the flag with 3 other mediums. I kept bouncing the regular 90mm rounds, so I had to switch over. They succeeded, but I knocked em down a bit on the way.

I upgraded the turret as well. From a couple battles, I noticed it does load faster and even though the specs say it's the same, it rotates a bit faster too.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #3413
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
janeuner, I'm just not sure how you couldn't use gold rounds if you have them with the T34. Sure, it has an awesome gun, but when push comes to shove in a Tier 10 battle and I'm holding one flank by myself in a T34, I'm using Gold rounds by that point.
Had to think about this for a while. I understand the point, but I don't agree with the outcome. If I find myself "in a Tier 10 battle and I'm holding one flank by myself in a T34" then I'm loading HE, not APCR. In my estimation, the best chance for a win is for the other flank to advance faster than the enemy I am facing. Therefore, kill enemy drivers, break engine/tracks, and break the enemy gun to keep them at bay for as long as possible.

However, I will now load APCR if I am advancing with a group of tanks w/o arty support and we run into a T28/T95/Obj704/etc. Convincing that TD to withdraw is paramount to success on that flank, so the benefit justifies the expense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
And that damned 4502P isn't so impenetrable with them.
Shoot the machine gun. T34 AP penetrates >80% of the time. If he sidescrapes, shoot the top of the rear sprocket with HE to damage the ammo rack.

Quote:
I loaded some gold rounds into the M36 last night. Good timing too, defending El Halluf 2 KV-5's decided it would be a great idea to platoon and steam roll east to the flag with 3 other mediums. I kept bouncing the regular 90mm rounds, so I had to switch over. They succeeded, but I knocked em down a bit on the way.
This was my impression of premium ammo from back in the day™ of closed beta. It would knock em down a bit, but I still lose. Eventually I learned that the better tactic is to let them pass then encircle the spearhead. AP works fine for that too.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #3414
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,746
lot of really great battles this morning. Probably half a dozen times the team all went the same direction and got wiped out by half the other team.
Just got completely surrounded in a city after everyone went one way. I saved money by not firing a shot when there were 7 tanks on me. broke even on the battle.

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #3415
papalobster
With Gusto!

I played one battle in the Patton last night before retiring. Mines. There was a T95 on the hill picking everyone off. I killed a 704 by getting behind him in the little town, and then an IS-8 and the tier 10 British thing (they both had low health). I got inside the firing arc of the T95 and lit up the Jagdtiger and T95 that were left, the Lorraine 155 killed the JT that killed all of our heavies I was travelling with. I faked that I was heading up the ramp right into the T95, which would have been a suicide move, and just kept him seen so the arty could chisel away at him. He stayed turned to the ramp and was tracked most of the time, so I couldn't get up there. His butt was sticking out just enough that I got to throw 4 rounds into him for the win with around 10 hit points left in me.

So, I kill a 704, IS8, British heavy, and T95 and lose about 6k in silver on a victory battle
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #3416
janeuner
Get Some

Quote:
So, I kill a 704, IS8, British heavy, and T95 and lose about 6k in silver on a victory battle
First she wiggles her butt to get ya interested.

Then the bill shows up!

Just like marriage.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #3417
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
First she wiggles her butt to get ya interested.

Then the bill shows up!

Just like marriage.
I made out like a bandit with the marriage thing. WoT not so much

Not sure how these folks can keep running high tier stuff. It's fun, but DAMN!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #3418
janeuner
Get Some

Most just don't. Tis' why I have just 19 battles in my IS-4. Both cheaper and more fun to play the A-32.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #3419
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
Most just don't. Tis' why I have just 19 battles in my IS-4. Both cheaper and more fun to play the A-32.
Yup. I now have a ton of exp in the AMX13/75 because of that. Most fun is playing tier 5-7.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #3420
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

preciousssss.......

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: