Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 531 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #3736
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Here is, apparently, one of those two:
I always cuckle when I see one chained down on a trailer... it looks like that one has 6 chains holding the trailer to it, better then the 4 you usually see, but I guess with a load that heavy it would be alot of extra weight in chain to put enough on to keep it from breaking loose in any situation.
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #3737
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
As per a request, a list of mods rjbergen, furgal and I are using for 8.2 (we all aren't using the same ones, but most of these overlap I think)

Zoom(out) mod that works in both arty and tanks for 8.2: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...YdrUw2EC0RkRjQ
(The zoom-out mod is nice to see if enemies are aimed at you if used sparingly, but it's also possible to get 'lost' with your own tank and your perspective if you zoom out too far and the angle auto-adjusts, or if you accidentally zoom out too far. My suggestion is to remember the typical view range limitations you were used to with the regular game, then stick to those for maneuvering.)

XVM - This is the statistics mod that so many are using - mine show me win-rate in a percentage, overall efficiency, and how well each player has previously done in the tank they are currently in. You can find whatever one you like to run, I run the standard one that can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/wot-xvm/downloads/list the top and bottom files, xvm-3.2-0.zip and xvm-stat-1.1.0 are what you need. Get a hold of someone on TS to ask where to put various files if you can't find instructions.

Jimbo's Crosshair mod (the biggest thing is that it tells you with a count-down how many seconds you have until your gun loads again) http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...crosshair-mod/

Statistics of your firing while in game (I think) http://code.google.com/p/wot-xvm/sou...atistic?r=1055

and there are a couple of others, but I have to find the names of them first

Edit:

Scope Shadow remover - can free up some FPS when zoomed in http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldo...shadow-remover
(for freeing up FPS some players were using this packaged mod, but it hasn't been updated for 8.2 yet http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldoftanks/millbarges )

I think this is a base capture countdown mod: "TeamBasesPanel" but I can't find the actual name of it
In addition to these, I also use

Accurate Damage Indicator Tells you wher the shots are coming from.
http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldo...mage-indicator

Permanent Serverside Reticle An additional crossgare that shows what the server thinks you are aiming at.
http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldo...erside-reticle

DAR Artillery Sight This sight package has it all: traverse indicator, time to target, time to reload, distance and even the current angle of fire.
http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldo...rtillery-sight

I've had others that I liked, but these are the ones that I always reload when a new version comes out.

I also have a custom XVM config that I worked up. It almost shows too much. Tends to clutter up the screen a bit, but I use the info enough that it's worth it to me.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #3738
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
So I believe that if you train a crewmember with gold, they gain skill exp faster. In the IS3, I trained the gunner with gold, left everyone else to go up from 75%. After only a few games, he's at 40% for the first skill.

It seems to be taking FOREVER to train skills in crews in all my other tanks. Like once they get to 75-80, it takes months to get above that.

tell me I'm wrong.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #3739
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I also have a custom XVM config that I worked up. It almost shows too much. Tends to clutter up the screen a bit, but I use the info enough that it's worth it to me.
Post up a screen shot of one side's team with your XVM, please, and write-up through a line-by-line description of what each stat means.

I've had friends tell me they were using ones they liked, and they sent me the file, but they forgot to explain what each slot meant so I didn't use it.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #3740
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,878
Quote:
Post up a screen shot of one side's team with your XVM, please, and write-up through a line-by-line description of what each stat means.

I've had friends tell me they were using ones they liked, and they sent me the file, but they forgot to explain what each slot meant so I didn't use it.
It's acting a little flaky since the update. As soon as I get it sorted out, I'll post it up.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #3741
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait

Oddometer: 7,331
Ok, I upped the commander with gold to 100%. One match, where I lost, got 364 exp points, the commander got 5% on the first skill. Looks like a skill shortcut.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #3742
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I would love to see it if you have time

I've lots of resolution so screen clutter isn't an issue. If I knew how I'd turn on everything.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #3743
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 13,141
I totally killed a Type 59 with my E8!
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #3744
Geek
oot & aboot

My beginner friend is up to Tier 3 now so I've been helping him grind.
Two rounds in a row my score was more than the majority of the other team put together

I almost feel guilty

The second round my n00b buddy came in 2nd
We have been mopping up.. when he breaks 1K games his percentage is going to be high For the first several hundred rounds I played I lost the vast majority of times.

Geek screwed with this post 12-16-2012 at 10:25 PM
Old 12-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #3745
Geek
oot & aboot

I just saw a guy with something like 29K games and a 69% win ratio.

Is that even possible?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #3746
Geek
oot & aboot

Quick! before the sale ends - stock up on consumables!

I just bought $1 million worth of small repair / first aid & fire extinguishers.
When I've finally used them all up I'll have saved $1 million
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #3747
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngaWunga View Post
Ok, I upped the commander with gold to 100%. One match, where I lost, got 364 exp points, the commander got 5% on the first skill. Looks like a skill shortcut.
Skills are learned on a curve - you get the initial percentages very quickly

It is the last 10% that is painful

The first skill takes 210,064 XP from 0% to 100%
The second skill takes double that.
The third skill takes double that again.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:05 AM   #3748
Boughan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Quick question wise ones:

I have finally gotten my first crew to 100 % (KV-1, tier V). What perks should I select? I am a tad at a loss here.

Commander:

Gunner:

Driver:

Radio Op.

Loader:

Thank you,

B.

Flying is not so much an art, but the trick to throw yourself at the ground and miss... (Hitchhikers Guide)
Boughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #3749
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,687
I figured it was something like that.....over the weekend I had a crew at 20%....I watched the points to get to the next %...at 20 or so it was only a few hundred xp....at 60 it was a little over 1000xp.....at 90, it is around 5000xp.....it is a grind and you feel like you are getting no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Skills are learned on a curve - you get the initial percentages very quickly

It is the last 10% that is painful

The first skill takes 210,064 XP from 0% to 100%
The second skill takes double that.
The third skill takes double that again.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #3750
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,491
Cool2

For skills/perks in general, I tend to stay away from the ones that require 100% in order to take effect as 1st perk.

I usually pick basic skills (repair, camo or fire fighting) or the ones that takes effect immediately after training starts and improves as you gain more EXP.

Commander: Recon or Mentor

Gunner: Snap shot or Armorer

Driver: clutch braking or off-road driving, though controlled impact may serve KV-1 better if you like to ram enemy tanks.

Radio Op.: Situation awareness

Loader: Repair or camo.

After you have the 1st skill/perk at 100%, and start your 2nd skill training, a skill reset special should come around to reset the 1st skill to something that take 100% training to take effect.

I tend to stay away from Bros in arms until have 3 or 4 perks at 100%, since Bros in Arms only effects the vehicle proficiency and basic skills (repair, camo or fire fighting), additionally don't go into effect until all crew have bros in arms at 100%.

When you have Bros in Arms with 2 or 3 other perks on a vehicle, crew really make that particular vehicle operate smoothly.. and you sill move the same crew among a regular vehicle and premium vehicle to gain more EXP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: