Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 348 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #3916
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,562
Good idea, Smithy.

Forgive me for what follows if you've been a member of enough good company battles, but I will write down some notes here:

Most clans fit in whatever clan mates they can, then fill the spaces with public people who join the waiting-area for the tank company (based on stats (either overall stats, or specific stats for the tank that they use in company battles) and that they have the tanks you require).

Some use in-game voice chat, but most tank companies are quick to give out TS info to have them join up and enter a public room (or just the lobby to work there, or to be pulled down by someone who is watching the lobby).

The way --R--, -S- and Enjoy/what? work them was that clan mates get first dibs in between battles, so a non-clan mate may be politely told that you have to make room for a clan mate, and/or asked to wait in a waiting room for a battle or two for a spot to open up.

Some guys easily wait 20 minutes or more to join a company they want to work with, and most totally understand about clan mates getting first dibs. This may not be useful to your company until you make a name for yourselves, but it is interesting that some guys would rather wait a long time to join a good group than to join other groups or to just play their tanks solo.

Somebody, too, has to be the lead commander to tell which tanks to stage where.

I like it best when a commander doesn't just say "OK, two KV-1S's go center, and the rest go to XXX," but instead says "OK, the bottom two KV-1S's go center (this is based on the company make-up on the left side of the screen on the battle-loading or count-down - the tanks appear in the same tier and alphabetized order to everyone during the count-down), and the top 3 KV-1S's go to XXX."

This eliminates a lot of the confusion that comes when tankers have to decide for themselves, and waste time, while seeing or figuring out who is going where.

Some commanders will say "OK, the two KV-1S's that spawned closest to the center go center, the others go XXX," which works better than no direction at all, and works for efficiency and speed if it works, but it can end up in that same cluster fuck if too many guys perceive themselves closer.

Saturday morning Edit: Best yet, is to use names to tell a unique component where to go if you're splitting up your KV-1S's. I have played under commanders who assessed, organized, and communicated entire initial battle plans effectively in the 30-second (more like 20-second for some of us who load late due to not having solid-state hard drives) count-down, effectively clicking on the map as they spoke to each group to telling them where to go. This is what needs to be done. Some guys do it so, so much better than others. But don't beat yourself up if you're learning. Only beat yourself up if you've been doing it quite a while and your team still ends up being confused.

And if you know the terrain really well, and know of places you want a unique tank to proxy-light, for example, then you're really going to have to explain that place for a tanker to get to really, really well. Not everyone has explored all nuances of the recent map changes since big, heavy tanks don't often take certain routes.

And while I've just written multiple paragraphs about it, keep in mind that probably over half of the time you should not be splitting up your main-tank component. Team members need to focus-fire on the most hurt tanks (especially hurt KV-1S's) to get the guns to disappear. Spreading damage doesn't work well here. Separately, sticking together and firing on the group-move for taking each new section does since it inundates enemies with too many targets to choose from. Yes, KV-1S's suck at sniping and firing on the move, but it's the tank that is used and it works nonetheless.

Lastly, the KV-1S seems to hardly benefit from it at all because it sucks in the same areas many are trying to buff, but the typical load-out for company battles would probably be vents, rammer and an enhanced gun laying drive for faster aiming. Yes, more expensive to dedicate to a tank than a camo net and binocs, but until another massive change happens the KV-1S is a keeper for most due to medium company battles (it used to be the KV-3 before the KV-3 got pushed up a tier), so it is worth investing in. /Edit

Clicking the map helps a lot when you're commanding each group to go where-ever. And usually it's best to keep the two Hellcats together (not side by side per se, but really close to one another). The Hellcats' main mission is to stay alive, Edit: spot initially, and respond - flanking an enemy engaged with the main force if possible, racing to defend (by spotting for arty if they are alive) or cap if the chance presents itself /Edit. All too often they end up seeing an enemy advance first from some other side of the map, and they need to know beforehand that they need an escape route handy if too many tanks show up.

Arty should move to where they will be the last taken out. This is often, then, on some path behind of where the main tank force already swept through. Leaving arty at base if there really isn't protection for them will get them killed, and arty off-base can always support a defense if the enemies all end up on the base capping.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 04:59 AM
Mambo Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #3917
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,203
I should be able to be there, but I have a question about Clan Battles.

What is the advantage to them? is there some bonus other than being able to have more than 2 or 3 in a battle coordinating?
Big Bird 928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #3918
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,354
Clan battles are different than Tank Company battles.
Clan battles do not have tier limit, 15 tanks against 15 tanks, global map territory at stake.
Winning clan battles and occupy a territory, your clan earns gold.

Tank Company battles have tier limit, once total tier number reached, company may not have more tanks. Not often do you get 15 tanks in a team for tank company battles. There are tier limits according to type of vehicle.

Medium tank company have limits of 40-60 tier total, heavy/med/light/TD up to tier 6 for each type, arty up to tier 4.
Mix and match vehicle until total of 60 is reached.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #3919
Boughan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 788
Btw, living in Europe, i finally joined the EU servers (had way too slow of a connection to play on the US ones). Do we have an ADV presence on the EU servers also (playing KV-1, KV-1S and a SU 26 [just bought that too]).

B.

Flying is not so much an art, but the trick to throw yourself at the ground and miss... (Hitchhikers Guide)
Boughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:44 PM   #3920
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020 View Post
Clan battles are different than Tank Company battles.
Clan battles do not have tier limit, 15 tanks against 15 tanks, global map territory at stake.
Winning clan battles and occupy a territory, your clan earns gold.

Tank Company battles have tier limit, once total tier number reached, company may not have more tanks. Not often do you get 15 tanks in a team for tank company battles. There are tier limits according to type of vehicle.

Medium tank company have limits of 40-60 tier total, heavy/med/light/TD up to tier 6 for each type, arty up to tier 4.
Mix and match vehicle until total of 60 is reached.

Thanks, now it makes alot more sense
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #3921
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
He's still battling right now.. I'm dead

Does this mean the master is now the aprentice?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 AM   #3922
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
Any master worth his salt would immediately blame the apprentice for not supporting his push or protecting his flank

Edit: Just added more to that company-battles write-up at the top of this page if anyone is interested in learning more about tactics or KV-1S's for CB's.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-22-2012 at 04:53 AM
Old 12-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #3923
Big Bird 928
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Any master worth his salt would immediately blame the apprentice for not supporting his push or protecting his flank
Have you been watching our platooning? Some of the time it is me with the KV-1 pushing to far to fast.

meaning running mindlessly out in the open away from cover.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #3924
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 7,891
10k exp for a tier IV SPG...

where's the weepy emoticon?

10k!!
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Robert E. Howard
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:03 AM   #3925
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catweasel67 View Post
10k exp for a tier IV SPG...

where's the weepy emoticon?

10k!!
Every time a times-5 event comes up, it becomes an aching goal of mine to at least get one x5 that equals or surpasses 10k XP - it's just awesome, isn't it?

But then I've had one x5 event where I just couldn't do it Sadly, I work today.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #3926
kingdm54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Is it a good idea for a noob to upgrade to a premium package for a few months to upgrade faster? And do you guys (and gals) but much gold?
kingdm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #3927
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdm54 View Post
Is it a good idea for a noob to upgrade to a premium package for a few months to upgrade faster? And do you guys (and gals) but much gold?
Depends on how much time you plan on playing the game.

Personally, I can't commit myself to playing 3-4 hours a day, more than a week in a row; so I usually get 3-day or 7-day premium at a time and just play for 6-8 hours a day at the most.

I worked up a Group Buy Deal for gold back in Sept/Oct., not many took advantage of it.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #3928
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdm54 View Post
It makes moving up the ladder faster, but I suspect that in general people just keep buying it instead of it being a one time thing. thats why they keep coming out with new tanks - to keep ya hooked

I try not to use gold for converting elite xp, but sometimes it slips when I want that big gun NOW
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #3929
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird 928 View Post
What Sam said.

Quote:
On second thought.. what Dave said.

Actually, after further consideration, it was definitely the fault of the M3lee on our team.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:03 AM   #3930
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,846
Quote:
Yes, KV-1S's suck at sniping and firing on the move, but it's the tank that is used and it works nonetheless. .
So do a lot of clan players actually take the time to grind their driver with the offroad driving/smooth ride perk ?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: