User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 385 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #4006
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,395
I hope you're buying those garage slots when their half price.
How did you get 200,00 free exp? I usually make it to 5k and have to research something.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #4007
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer: 7,666
T-62A, or BatChat 25t?

I'm about at the point to have to decide which is better for me. I was set on the 25t, but now I'm having second thoughts.
Smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #4008
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
T-62A, or BatChat 25t?

I'm about at the point to have to decide which is better for me. I was set on the 25t, but now I'm having second thoughts.
YouTube the 51 minute 'tier 10 review on the batchallian' by bohemianeagle. I dunno if all he says I'd true but he might give you some things to consider that you hadn't

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #4009
Geek
oot & aboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
I hope you're buying those garage slots when their half price.
How did you get 200,00 free exp? I usually make it to 5k and have to research something.
Yeah.. I stocked up on sale items during the golden joystick awards. I also bought $1 million worth of repair/first aid/extinguisher when they were half price. When all gone ill have saved $1 million

As for saving the free xp it doesn't take long at all when you have 20'ish elite tanks running in a premium account.

x5 on each averaged prob 4k or 5k research each overall (some as high as 9k... Some as low as 2k) so two days of 5x alone is 150k pretty easily.

I've been grinding pretty hard taking advantage of holiday time off work.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #4010
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
YouTube the 51 minute 'tier 10 review on the batchallian' by bohemianeagle. I dunno if all he says I'd true but he might give you some things to consider that you hadn't

That's why I'm asking here. I also noticed that his vid was 8.0, so if anything's changed in how the 2 tanks play since then I'd like to know, figured I'd bounce it off the brain trust.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #4011
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 756
just researched the panther 2... she's pricey though, so I gotta save up...

Liking the new T1E6, its fun!
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:02 AM   #4012
kingdm54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Ugh what a bad night....trying to work my way up the ladder but can't seen to get into a random match that the team does not suck ass....went from a 53% win to 47% tonight.....
kingdm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #4013
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,704
I will agree with a lot that BohemianEagle was saying, but it's in the interpretation that I think some may misunderstand the BatChat.

Now this is based on what I've seen in players who had a lot of talent, but much like the French language is structured so very differently than ours, the BatChat redefines, or adds a new branch to the definition of, 'powerhouse' on the battlefield.

I'm sure you've read my past posts about clan battles and company battles where a large, somewhat fast group is held centrally as a fast-response group. These days those are typically T110E5's. Well, it wasn't until BohemianEagle's last battle that he was really playing that way, but it worked well once he did. The BatChat seems like a one-man fast-response group. After some initial not-too-deep scouting, it can, and should, respond to enemies who are engaged with teammates.

If a player is the type who likes to stop to shoot, or one who isn't used to shooting enemies while in a third-person perspective, then mediums probably aren't going to be their best option, and of the mediums the BatChat would probably be the worst medium to play that way.

There's no doubt about it, mediums played well usually take a lot more work, a lot more brain power, and a lot more skill (and/or luck, but we can't count on Lady Luck always being where she is expected). I've seen far too many mediums played like heavies as of late - meaning guys who only initially use the medium's speed to race up to a farther-forward fighting position, but then play peek-a-boo frontal warfare with enemies anyway - so for those guys, the T-62 or the E-50M might be better choices... they are just tougher tanks that can take a few more frontal hits. If any medium tank requires someone to play it like a medium, the Batchat is that tank. I'd say to test if you're really up to the task, the T-43 Russian medium, or AMX 13 5 or 13 90, would certainly show someone if they have the personal skillset to play mediums well. Discounting any of those tanks as 'weak' for their tiers, or for the battles they get into, would suggest one isn't really cut out to play mediums well. None really have all it takes to force wins from teams who want to lose, but all can really aid in a win if you have just a few other tankers who play well.

I keep telling myself to give up on all this medium-tank nonsense and just to play heavies since they are able to sway the battles better. I'm sure I'd have a better overall win ratio if I were to do that... but then part of this is a game, and trying to learn mediums, and play them well, is somewhat rewarding.

Upper-level medium tanks probably require better computers and internet connections as well. Everything (including the player and the rendering) has to work fluidly for them to produce at higher levels.

I don't know what to suggest, Smithy, other than to determine the play style you think you do the best at. You seem to own a 13 90 right now, so the BatChat probably isn't much different (it sort of does seem to have one or two additional ways to be played, but generally it's the same). Neither can take on huge tanks with a single cylinder, but any large tank that has had at least one good hit taken out of it by a teammate is usually a prime target for either tank - and that's really the way a BatChat is played best: support for teammates who have already engaged enemies. I discount the fact that a BatChat can't take out a large full-health E-100 or whatever, solo, with one cylinder... so what that it can't? The game had to have some balance in it, and that's the balance. If it really came right down to it, if a BatChat and a Maus found each other as the last two people fighting, unless that Maus had some terrain feature near him to block the Batchat, the Bat could fire all rounds, reload while still staying at the opposite end of the Maus's turret, and unload another cylinder into it.
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #4014
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
I can't believe how easy it was to kill that Tier 9 Patton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
Upper-level medium tanks probably require better computers and internet connections as well. Everything (including the player and the rendering) has to work fluidly for them to produce at higher levels.
I agree, I understand playing support with the Patton, but I get laggy when it gets action heavy.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #4015
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Thanks, Dave. I believe that settles it for me. I appreciate your perspective.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #4016
Geek
oot & aboot

x5's have ended
Old 12-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #4017
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

A Christmas present to all of you...

A Brief Lesson on How To Recognize Quality Play

Straight points, no bonuses, just premium scores with a kick-ass crew. I only had 300 fewer points than the entire opposing team combined.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #4018
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Gaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Just realized that when I ditched my AMX 13-90, I must have dismissed the crew not thinking I'd run that line anymore. Damn. Fresh recruit time in a Tier X?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #4019
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Thanks, Dave. I believe that settles it for me. I appreciate your perspective.
You're welcome, but I don't think I really said much in all of that.

---

Tier 6 light tank vs. a Tier 9

Just had a game that sort of showed differences in medium tank play (problem being - all I had was a light tank... nonetheless, the play style is still the same if you're out to do damage instead of just spotting). The perspective is from a buddy's account. I will never claim to be the smoothest at fighting in the medium style, but some guys insist on using their light/mediums as fast heavies... rushing up to a farther point, but then taking on enemies face-to-face just like big tanks do. I try to not do that - so what you'll see is his view, first, from his tank after our platoon of 3 light tanks initially lights up a full-health IS-8 that was hanging back by their base on Dragon Ridge.

I guess what he was doing for the shots at arty made sense, but hanging around, stationary, with an IS-8 staring at you never really ends well. After his expected ending comes, he realizes that I'm still up there fighting the IS-8, so he switches perspective to me to watch how I do.

There is no sound since this is the first time I've ever tried to video a WoT battle. I'll try to upload the actual game file (with sound and smoother action) if you're interested in seeing it. ( http://www.2shared.com/file/S2cDuaTe...1_51_asia.html )

It's choppy at first, but then smooths out. Watch the map for the yellow light tank (me) going out around the IS-8, only then lighting up arty. With only the IS-8 showing there, and arty not yet lit, I was surprised my buddy (0ldManJenkins) stayed where he was. My contention is that staying still instead of spiraling-in is the wrong way to play mediums. My tank's perspective starts at about 1:15 into the video, but I left the first minute of our initial encounter, and his play style, to show what I personally would not do if I came up on a Tier 9 in such a small tank, knowing full well that he knew I was there. Also, what I did after 1:15 was what anyone who was there would have done. What is important about this is what I was doing right after we realized we had a full-health IS-8 to deal with... so in the minute before you'll see me snake up toward him (having to stop to take on arty I lit up on the way there). This is what I expect of guys I platoon with, but for some reason Jenkins and I just still have vastly different play styles.

My buddy is a good tanker, we just have different play styles. Some guys play a medium as aggressively as I think they should, and on the rare occasions I platoon with them we just crush other teams. So far I've only really found some guys in --G-- clan who did it, and my buddy Accidental_God is a master at it. Geek is most certainly getting there.

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 02:32 PM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #4020
Smithy
Avoiding the Skid-Demon

What you sold me with, was that I work better as a finisher, than a sit-still-and-pound. I do that in a couple heavies (TOG and Church, mostly) but my IS-3 and -8 are fast enough to be mobile platforms, and I like to use that.

Sure the T-62A is fast, but with the extra armor it'd be tempting to play heavy, instead of staying light on my feet, and the 25t forces you to acknowledge that's the role it's best at.

Of course, my first round out, I got my ass handed to me. I suspect it'll take a little practice to get a good % in it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: